Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
Had asked this question in another thread but didn't get a response. Can someone here weigh in on my query below?

Originally Posted by mannimagus
Planning to take this flight combo onwards to MEL (CMB-SIN-MEL). Just a niggling doubt though - Layover in SIN is only 1 hour and 5 minutes. Is this enough? I don't usually fly through SIN so trying to figure out if this is a risk worth taking. Anyone has any input on this?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:16 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Had asked this question in another thread but didn't get a response. Can someone here weigh in on my query below?
You possibly did not get a response because the information you give is a bit concise.
What are the airlines on CMB-SIN and on SIN-MEL?
Is it one PNR (booking)? Have you got checked luggage or hand luggage only?
These are all inputs which will help to give you an answer.

I have not looked up the MCT (minimum connection time) for SIN, but that might give you an indication too.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
You possibly did not get a response because the information you give is a bit concise.

I have not looked up the MCT (minimum connection time) for SIN, but that might give you an indication too.
Presumably all EK. It should be enough if bags checked through
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh

All EK (EK348-EK404) with checked luggage, on a single PNR.

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Presumably all EK. It should be enough if bags checked through
Yes both legs EK. Taking one of the last flights out before they shut down the route. Thanks for the response.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:51 am
Ambassador, Emirates

All EK (EK348-EK404) with checked luggage, on a single PNR.

Yes both legs EK. Taking one of the last flights out before they shut down the route. Thanks for the response.
The MCT for this case is 55 minutes, so theoretically you are fine.

The on time record of EK348 is 81% with an average delay of 14 minutes (this is over the last 60 days), a maximum of 70 minutes delay.

But the on time record (for arrival in MEL, mind you) is 23%, average 37 minutes late (3hrs 16 minutes max). So statistically speaking, the outgoing A/C will be later than the incoming one. That does not automatically mean that you will not be offloaded if the incoming flights is delayed. Computers can do very illogical things if not all possible snags have been programmed in.... And of course if the incoming flight is delayed and the outgoing is one of the few on-time ones, you are stuck.
On Sun, Mon, Thu and Fri there is a QF flight an hour after the EK flight, which they might put you on. It's a 2 class service, so no F (if that is what you are flying)

Now you have the data. And you can decide. Let us know what you do and - if you go ahead with this - what the outcome is. Always interesting to hear the full story!
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:01 am

This information is perfect!

I'll take a chance and see how it pans out. A close connection is way more exciting than 2-3 hours in the lounge, and even if I miss the connection, an hour's wait for the QF flight is nothing at all.

Thanks for the detailed info and for sure I'll update regarding the outcome!
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Will08
Is this triple miles offer not for new customers? It kept on coming up with an error message when I tried to click the link.
It's not for new customers as I got an email and I'm far from new.

I just tried from the link on the home page and it took me to the login page. After logging in I got an "Invalid Code" error message so something isn't right. You could call them and see if they'll manually register you if it's open to all.
Will08 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:30 am

So i'm trying to find an award ticket. I am using EF, JL, AS, EK site to search. I see availability on EF/QF but not on EK/JL/AS.
The award was available a couple of days ago on all the sites

Why is EF and QF giving false inventory? Is it due to a lag in updates? It has been displaying the phantom space for at least a day.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Is there a way to view a seat map or see which version of a plane is being offered in advance of purchase? I'm looking at a JNB-DXB flight that's going to ticket as a F flight (in A class), and while I can see that two flights are 773's and two are 388's, I'm a little concerned that one 388 flight is the all-business configuration. Any way to check?

To be specific, my concern is that when I get to the Review Booking page (before purchase), the seat icon next to the JNB-DXB flight says "Seating--Flat-bed seats in business class and comfort in Economy class" and there's no wi-fi symbol, while my DXB-USA flight has the wi-fi symbol and the seat icon says "Seating--Private suites in first class, flat-bed seats in business class, and comfort in Economy class."

Last edited by steveholt; Sep 12, 2018 at 9:18 pm Reason: clarification
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:41 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by steveholt
Is there a way to view a seat map or see which version of a plane is being offered in advance of purchase? I'm looking at a JNB-DXB flight that's going to ticket as a F flight (in A class), and while I can see that two flights are 773's and two are 388's, I'm a little concerned that one 388 flight is the all-business configuration. Any way to check?

To be specific, my concern is that when I get to the Review Booking page (before purchase), the seat icon next to the JNB-DXB flight says "Seating--Flat-bed seats in business class and comfort in Economy class" and there's no wi-fi symbol, while my DXB-USA flight has the wi-fi symbol and the seat icon says "Seating--Private suites in first class, flat-bed seats in business class, and comfort in Economy class."
I just checked doing a dummy booking for a route that I know doesn’t have F all the way. Using an iPad so you may see something different but this is what I see. Clicking on the info icon tells you what part of the route s not in F.

Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:24 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

The free version of Expert Flyer allows you to see the seat map for a specific flight.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR

What date(s) are you looking at?

Normally, apart from select flights during peak holiday periods, all EK flights to and from JNB are three class.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by XXTSGR

What date(s) are you looking at?

Normally, apart from select flights during peak holiday periods, all EK flights to and from JNB are three class.
This is in June. I confirmed with EK chat that all the seats on that day have an F cabin. Thanks for the assistance, though!
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:42 am

I have a travel agent issued ticket, may want to change the return and understand I can do this directly with Emirates after I've flown the outbound. When I'm looking at new dates, I can check availability by fare bucket to choose a day when the cheaper buckets are available, but how do I tell which bucket my TA issued ticket is in?

It shows as BT (Bulk Ticket?) when I view it in Manage a Booking.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
I have a travel agent issued ticket, may want to change the return and understand I can do this directly with Emirates after I've flown the outbound. When I'm looking at new dates, I can check availability by fare bucket to choose a day when the cheaper buckets are available, but how do I tell which bucket my TA issued ticket is in?

It shows as BT (Bulk Ticket?) when I view it in Manage a Booking.
That might be an issue as it could be a consolidator fare. What does the fare basis on your ticket say? The first letter usually indicates the fare bucket. Do the fare rules permit changes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.