Wiki Posts
Search

SIN to CMB Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018 | 8:37 am
Original Poster

SIN to CMB Cancelled

Hi all,

My flights from SIN to CMB (and vice versa) for December 2018 have been cancelled.

Its my first time flying on EK and so havent read most of the forum posts regarding this.

Could someone kindly advise me what steps I can take? Would EK rebook me on another airline or compensate me? The fares I bought were Economy Saver. Theres also 3 of us travelling together.

Thanks so much for your help!
Old Aug 1, 2018 | 9:21 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by hairhooks
Hi all,

My flights from SIN to CMB (and vice versa) for December 2018 have been cancelled.

Its my first time flying on EK and so havent read most of the forum posts regarding this.

Could someone kindly advise me what steps I can take? Would EK rebook me on another airline or compensate me? The fares I bought were Economy Saver. Theres also 3 of us travelling together.

Thanks so much for your help!
I think Emirates will try to rebook you via Dubai.

One option you have is to cancel and get a refund. Then book a direct flight with another airline.

Did you book it direct with Emirates or via a Travel Agent? This will make a difference.
Old Aug 1, 2018 | 9:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I think Emirates will try to rebook you via Dubai.

One option you have is to cancel and get a refund. Then book a direct flight with another airline.

Did you book it direct with Emirates or via a Travel Agent? This will make a difference.
Nope, booked it thru the Emirates website when they had a promo.

I suppose I have to give them a call and provide them
with my desired flight details, if I would like to be rebooked via Dubai?

Otherwise, would it be a full refund?

Thanks so much for your prompt reply, [MENTION=41694]DYKWIA[/MENTION]!
Old Aug 1, 2018 | 10:29 am

Originally Posted by hairhooks

Nope, booked it thru the Emirates website when they had a promo.

I suppose I have to give them a call and provide them
with my desired flight details, if I would like to be rebooked via Dubai?

Otherwise, would it be a full refund?

Thanks so much for your prompt reply, [MENTION=41694]DYKWIA[/MENTION]!
Yes - you'd be entitled to a full refund as your flight has been cancelled. Give them a call and they should sort things out.
Old Aug 1, 2018 | 10:49 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yes - you'd be entitled to a full refund as your flight has been cancelled. Give them a call and they should sort things out.
they wont offer that via Dxb
Old Aug 1, 2018 | 10:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Make sure you price out what you want. If it is cheaper, cancel for a refund and purchase a new ticket. Only ask for a reroute it it saves you money. Have several alternatives handy and be prepared with the specific flight details. The easier you make it, the more likely it is to happen.
Old Aug 2, 2018 | 11:42 pm

This route has been discontinued as of Oct 29 through the end of the schedule. They re-accommodated me via DXB.
Old Aug 3, 2018 | 1:51 am
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by darnold
This route has been discontinued as of Oct 29 through the end of the schedule. They re-accommodated me via DXB.
so youll travel 7 hours to Dxb then 4 to Cmb when its 4 hours from sin?
Old Aug 3, 2018 | 2:54 am

Originally Posted by m3red

I'd do it if I got the miles. Unfortunately EK will award the same miles regardless of how you route it
Old Aug 3, 2018 | 8:03 am

Originally Posted by m3red

Oh, it is much worse than that. I am arriving CMB on a separate ticket GVA-DXB-CMB.

So I will fly GVA-DXB-CMB-DXB-SIN.

The CMB-SIN ticket is on JL, and they refuse to re-accommodate the segment on UL (despite open availability and UL being a OneWorld partner). No amount of begging and pleading from this zero-status flyer convinced EK to let me drop CMB-DXB.

So, I will test the age old question of whether there is such a thing as too much EK F...
Old Aug 3, 2018 | 8:28 am

Oh, it is much worse than that. I am arriving CMB on a separate ticket GVA-DXB-CMB.

The CMB-SIN ticket is on JL, and they refuse to re-accommodate the segment on UL (despite open availability and UL being a OneWorld partner). No amount of begging and pleading from this zero-status flyer convinced EK to let me drop CMB-DXB.

So, I will test the age old question of whether there is such a thing as too much EK F...
That's brilliant
Old Aug 3, 2018 | 10:35 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR

👍😂Enjoy!
Old Aug 3, 2018 | 11:04 am
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by XXTSGR

👍😂Enjoy!
the new F is great I did Dxb gva return - enjoy
Old Aug 8, 2018 | 4:47 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I've just had notification of the ending of CMB-SIN. Bit of the end of an era this one, my first EK flight went DXB-CMB-SIN-CGK (or may have been SIN on the return, I was only a kid). This was always the flight that had cheaper availability than the numerous DXB-SIN non-stops leading to lots of 'extra 3 hours vs 150 saving' type questions when I was younger.

The reduction in 5th freedom flights is making me sad You used to be able to do incredible routings on EK to get to OZ/NZ at no extra cost than a normal LHR-AKL return with crazy open jaws and so. I understand the economics, but still, sad face.
Old Aug 31, 2018 | 10:50 am
5 Years on Site

Emirates stop CMB-SIN route

Emirates stop CMB-SIN route start from 27oct2018

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.