Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh

1: He can come and visit you in Y. The other way will at least be frowned upon and possibly be prevented by the FA’s. And - to be honest - so it should be, J passengers are ‘entitled ‘ (a word I don’t like but it’s the best way to describe the situation) to peace and quiet. It’s not only about the seat and the food!
Really? It’s public transport?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:07 am

Type of carry on bags

Hello,

I am looking to buy a Wenger patriot briefcase carry on bag. Seems perfect for the job except that it does not comply with one of the dims for carry on bags. Does anyone have experience of these being allowed on board? I
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by jamestatler
Hello,

I am looking to buy a Wenger patriot briefcase carry on bag. Seems perfect for the job except that it does not comply with one of the dims for carry on bags. Does anyone have experience of these being allowed on board? I
What are the dimensions of the bag - and what class and route are you intending to fly?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:18 am
Suspended

Does the Gold invite-a-guest-to-the-lounge benefit apply only at Emirates-branded lounges or at any lounge used by EK in outstations?
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by M.dA.R.

Does the Gold invite-a-guest-to-the-lounge benefit apply only at Emirates-branded lounges or at any lounge used by EK in outstations?
Any
Old Jun 26, 2018, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Any
tks
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:44 am

Im having 50k Emirate Miles (25k in each account), being based in Frankfurt/Germany, I don't see any real good value in using them - is there something i am missing, or are these Points worthless?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
Im having 50k Emirate Miles (25k in each account), being based in Frankfurt/Germany, I don't see any real good value in using them - is there something i am missing, or are these Points worthless?
Not much you can do with just 25k miles (you can't combine them), do you plan to travel EK at all? If you have a Y Flex Plus ticket you could upgrade FRA-DXB for 30k miles to business, or if you have a business Flex or Flex Plus it's 30k miles to upgrade to F. Subject to availability, I've upgraded DXB-FRA before.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
Several airline partners, Budget Car Rentals and some hotels appear on the partners' pages with redemptions from less than 25,000 miles. See if you can make any use of them. Sorry, I can't paste a link here, but I'm sure you can find it on the website. They can also be used to part pay for any future Emirates flights.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:44 am

Hi,

Thanks for replying. The dims are as below:

Size‎: ‎31 x 43 x 41 cm
Item number‎: ‎600662
Weight‎: ‎4.1 kg

I'll be flying business from Dubai to LA
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by jamestatler
Hi,

Thanks for replying. The dims are as below:

Size‎: ‎31 x 43 x 41 cm
Item number‎: ‎600662
Weight‎: ‎4.1 kg

I'll be flying business from Dubai to LA
I've flown with bigger cabin luggage than that and not had any issues.

IMHO you should be OK - though maybe be fellow FTer can advise on specifics ex-Dubai?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 2:39 am

Much appreciated
Old Jun 30, 2018, 7:49 am

Skywards Miles upgrades availability

hello

im booking a flex plus ticket for my Dad GLA-DXB-PER-DXB-GLA and want to use mikes to upgrade him the whole trip. How far in advance do Emirates normally release availability?

thanks

Old Jun 30, 2018, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Flipnmiles
hello

im booking a flex plus ticket for my Dad GLA-DXB-PER-DXB-GLA and want to use mikes to upgrade him the whole trip. How far in advance do Emirates normally release availability?

thanks

There is no known pattern, but you can check if you look at Saver Award availability in the class you wish to upgrade to (J is D bucket or F is Z bucket), just log into your Skywards account and search, or use a service like Expertflyer
thijsseh likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: LH HON
edit: obsolete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.