Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The EK Wine Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by batmandds
Thank for the update! We have a few hours in the F lounge before heading to MLE so hopefully we can sample the Amuse Bouche '12. And keeping my fingers crossed for Kapcsandy 2011 or Solaia in the air
All amuse Bouche wines they've had on the last couple of years have been exceptional. I'm a big fan of the mascot 09 too
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Originally Posted by m3red
All amuse Bouche wines they've had on the last couple of years have been exceptional. I'm a big fan of the mascot 09 too
I would love it if they still had the Mascot 09. I've only had the Mascot 2010 and it was delicious. What a nice way to try Harlan wine without taking out a mortgage LOL.

On the bright side, EK has updated the red wine offering for the flight I'm taking. They actually added a wine that is rarer than the ones offered from other NA destinations. They just added Fattorie dei Dolfi 'l Bruno de' Venti 2010 for the flights to/from JFK. Let's hope they don't run out by the time mid/late Nov rolls around.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
A couple of excellent wines on the DXB-Australia flights in F at the moment. The Levantine Hill Chardonnay was exceptional and the Mount Mary Quintet (Bordeaux blend red) was very good, especially when served from the caraffe. Business class offerings included two Cloudy Bay wines: Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir - I think the Pinot espcially is a very good wine.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 6:52 am

I'm doing trans-tasman jump in F AKL-MEL on 31 Oct and return on 3 Nov, and the return wine list just showed 2009 DP. This is new for EK, right?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by klausa
I'm doing trans-tasman jump in F AKL-MEL on 31 Oct and return on 3 Nov, and the return wine list just showed 2009 DP. This is new for EK, right?
Yes the new DP 09 is now out so EK are switching.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by m3red
Yes the new DP 09 is now out so EK are switching.
Guess the '08 is a bit too stiff right now? I've had a few '08s from growers and they all have screaming acidity. But Moet went ahead and released the '08 grand vintage (and EK is serving it in the J lounge champagne bar)?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Metanoia
Guess the '08 is a bit too stiff right now? I've had a few '08s from growers and they all have screaming acidity. But Moet went ahead and released the '08 grand vintage (and EK is serving it in the J lounge champagne bar)?
Dom Perignon is releasing the 08 after the 09 and in more limited numbers. I doubt you'll see the 08 on EK. There was no 07 released.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 2:23 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by klausa
Still was 2006 DP on my recent flight.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:32 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Any J travelling plebs care to comment on the 08 Veuve? I missed my chance.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla
Any J travelling plebs care to comment on the 08 Veuve? I missed my chance.
I missed it too, they pulled it at the end of August SFO-DXB
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:33 pm

Anyone noticed that they are not serving Moet Rose (or Veuve Rose) in J alongside the brut ex-DXB anymore? It used to be a nice treat, but with all the cost cutting...
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Anyone noticed that they are not serving Moet Rose (or Veuve Rose) in J alongside the brut ex-DXB anymore? It used to be a nice treat, but with all the cost cutting...
I think that was just a limited edition/time deal. Came and went.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:26 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
2008 Veuve is back on between DXB-EU for the next few weeks in J.

I'm not blown away, but it does have a note of earthy complexity that you don't get with the NV. It is nice to have a vintage in J for a change.

On another note, is Woodford Reserve available in the DXB F lounge?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Travelled from CHC to SYD last night and was the only pax in F. The DP was still the 2006. I also had a glass of the Levantine Hills 2015 chardonnay which was superb. Had a glass of the Clarendon Hills Australis (shiraz) from 2004 which was a little disappounting - still quite closed. It may have benefited from the carafe and a longer flight!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: LH HON; EK Plat; QR G; IC-RA; HH D; WoH Glob
Thanks for all the good information in here! I'll be travelling DXB-MCO next week. Curious whether the onboard wines, especially the Kapcsandy, and the DP Rose will live up to their acclaim.

I was wondering whether somebody has any information about the wines I could expect in the F lounge in DXB?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.