Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The EK Wine Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by m3red

the ducru 85 was better than the 86, the amuse Bouche wins - the best wine I’ve had on EK along with the pavilion rouge Margaux
The Margaux is on the list for my flight to LGW on Monday - looking forward to trying it, though not usually a friend of Margaux wines.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:35 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by XXTSGR

The Margaux is on the list for my flight to LGW on Monday - looking forward to trying it, though not usually a friend of Margaux wines.

Had it out of LGW on Sunday. Loved it!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh

Had it out of LGW on Sunday. Loved it!
Thanks! Will give it a (good) try.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:27 am

Thanks! Will give it a (good) try.
The Ducru IS on my flight and the purser kindly opened a bottle straight after TO. Enjoyed carafe with my main and now a second one before dessert - v v palatable indeed!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: Skywards Gold

The Ducru IS on my flight and the purser kindly opened a bottle straight after TO. Enjoyed carafe with my main and now a second one before dessert - v v palatable indeed!
Needs an hour plus of decanting but agree it was great
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:59 am

So the Margaux IS on EK009 today. However, I did actually get the chance to sample it (rather extensively...) in the F lounge in Concourse A last night. Overall, it is a great wine, no doubt, and one that I enjoyed both on its own and with my steak meal. However, personally, I find that it lacks the depth of the Ducru and is a bit flat on (my) palate. But then, I generally prefer very full-bodied wines, and SA-ones for that matter, so have asked the purser to prepare a carafe of the Porseleinberg Syrah 2014 for me to sample later. I do really like the 'normal' Boekenhoutskloof Syrah (m3red - one that you like as well, isn't it?), so excited to try this one as well.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:15 am

So the Margaux IS on EK009 today. However, I did actually get the chance to sample it (rather extensively...) in the F lounge in Concourse A last night. Overall, it is a great wine, no doubt, and one that I enjoyed both on its own and with my steak meal. However, personally, I find that it lacks the depth of the Ducru and is a bit flat on (my) palate. But then, I generally prefer very full-bodied wines, and SA-ones for that matter, so have asked the purser to prepare a carafe of the Porseleinberg Syrah 2014 for me to sample later. I do really like the 'normal' Boekenhoutskloof Syrah (m3red - one that you like as well, isn't it?), so excited to try this one as well.
yes I love the boekenhoutskloof Syrah - about 3 years ago I bought the entire les clos stock 😂

Quite into my ridge (napa) wines at the moment
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Quite into my ridge (napa) wines at the moment
I'm guessing only Monte Bello for you

Last edited by Metanoia; Feb 26, 2018 at 9:56 am Reason: grammatical clarity
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Metanoia
I'm guessing only Monte Bello for you
gyserville or lydotte springs mon/tues wed thurs amuse bouche/monte bello /lynche bages / opus maybe fri/sat
sydtogla likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:07 pm

gyserville or lydotte springs mon/tues wed thurs amuse bouche/monte bello /lynche bages / opus maybe fri/sat
Not sure how anyone could cope with such a busy schedule - particularly on top of work 😂
Old Mar 11, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat

Ahh, so the ridge zins are your “weekday wines”! I don’t blame you they are good and relatively affordable.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Metanoia

Ahh, so the ridge zins are your “weekday wines”! I don’t blame you they are good and relatively affordable.
well 170/180aed a bottle in les clos - much cheaper than going out!
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Moët en Chandon Grand Vintage 2009 onboard this month and April in J on a few of my flights this month.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
There doesn't appear to be a vodka thread..

Absolute in the gatwick lounge instead of grey goose, shocking!
Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:57 am

Dom Perignon P2 2000 is onboard certain flights next month (thankfully my flight to Geneva)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.