Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The EK Wine Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
Dom Perignon rose 2005 on the EK149 DXB- AMS last Friday 😁
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Don't FAs get wine training? Lovely FA today but Sauvignon Blanc pronounced blank and Moet & Chandon pronounced Moett....
Mo-ett is the correct pronunciation
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Mo-ett is the correct pronunciation
Oh crap have I been saying it wrong all these years? I thought the t is silent !
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:00 pm

Oh crap have I been saying it wrong all these years? I thought the t is silent !
No, it's because of the diaeresis over the e - Claude Moët was Dutch, not French, so they use the Dutch pronunciation. "Mow-ett"

Sauvignon Blank though...
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
No, it's because of the diaeresis over the e - Claude Moët was Dutch, not French, so they use the Dutch pronunciation. "Mow-ett"

Sauvignon Blank though...
Yeah no ambiguity there also no printed wine list so she showed me on the Samsung phone, later on I asked for and received a printed one
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Is the Veuve 2008 gone? My flight (SFO-DXB) went from having it to not having it on the what's on my flight...
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:54 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Metanoia
Is the Veuve 2008 gone? My flight (SFO-DXB) went from having it to not having it on the what's on my flight...
It has gone from my upcoming travel too. I think it must have only been for August.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 4:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Killed a couple bottles of Dom Rose 2005 on EK138 recently! They need to keep this going!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
How accurate is EK's "what's on my flight" feature? I'm looking at my flight in F from JFK in late Nov. It seems like the red wine is better from ORD, BOS, SFO, LAX, IAD than JFK. Maybe it's just too early to tell? My F flight from CAN-DXB in August did not have the same wine list as the website.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by batmandds
How accurate is EK's "what's on my flight" feature? I'm looking at my flight in F from JFK in late Nov. It seems like the red wine is better from ORD, BOS, SFO, LAX, IAD than JFK. Maybe it's just too early to tell? My F flight from CAN-DXB in August did not have the same wine list as the website.
The wine list changes from flight to flight and isn't published in advance I thought? The dining menu is online, the wine list is printed separately though.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:56 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Usually the wine in J changes every 40 days or so. I've found it much more accurate recently, but then again I've done a lot of flying in September.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:52 pm

The wine list changes from flight to flight and isn't published in advance I thought? The dining menu is online, the wine list is printed separately though.
Online list is generally accurate- usually more on the F list that they don't publish and of course the F list has all the J wines on it too.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:57 am

Thanks for the info folks. The one that confuses me is that the Kapcsandy Cuvee 2011 seems to be on most of the US routes in F except for JFK. Surely this is a first world problem but everything I've had from that winery has been awesome.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by batmandds
Thanks for the info folks. The one that confuses me is that the Kapcsandy Cuvee 2011 seems to be on most of the US routes in F except for JFK. Surely this is a first world problem but everything I've had from that winery has been awesome.
It's still in the J lounge near the champagne bar as of a week ago, they had at least half a case there unopened in the display. Amazing wine, to be sure. And i think the lounge has the '12 which was an insane vintage for Napa.

Oh, and Amuse Bouche '12 is (still!) in the F lounge as well.

EDIT: The Kapcsandy in J lounge is the Endre, which is their "entry level" at $90 lol. It was in J in May SFO-DXB for a flash.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Metanoia
It's still in the J lounge near the champagne bar as of a week ago, they had at least half a case there unopened in the display. Amazing wine, to be sure. And i think the lounge has the '12 which was an insane vintage for Napa.

Oh, and Amuse Bouche '12 is (still!) in the F lounge as well.

EDIT: The Kapcsandy in J lounge is the Endre, which is their "entry level" at $90 lol. It was in J in May SFO-DXB for a flash.
Thank for the update! We have a few hours in the F lounge before heading to MLE so hopefully we can sample the Amuse Bouche '12. And keeping my fingers crossed for Kapcsandy 2011 or Solaia in the air

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.