Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Welcome to Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Skywards is the Frequent Flyer Programme (FFP) for Emirates Airlines. There are many ways of collecting and spending miles as well as attaining status within the membership programme and different levels of status bring with it certain benefits. Sometimes FFP's can be confusingand we all find ourselves with a question at times relating to membership or how to spend, how to collect, where to spend, where to collect, what benefits come with membership etc.

From the Emirates Skywards Web Page:

Make the Most of Every Mile with Emirates SkywardsOur award-winning frequent flyer programme costs nothing to join and will change the way you see the world forever. It’s simpler than ever before to apply and begin collecting more Miles more quickly in even more ways. Membership gives you the chance to earn and spend Miles with Emirates and a wide selection of partners, and also enhances your travel experience with benefits and services that make every trip more rewarding.
https://www.emirates.com/english/sky.../skywards.aspx

We have a quite a few experts on the forum, so if you find yourself stuck as how to make the most of your membership then please ask your Skywards questions here.

Here is the link to the 2015/2016 thread: Your Skywards Questions Answered 2015/2016

Safe & Happy Travels

Saltire74
EK Forum Ambassador
Print Wikipost

Your Emirates Skywards Questions Answered - 2017/2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:46 am

Options to use Skysurfers miles?

Hi All, I have about 11,000 EK miles in my account belonging to my son. These miles are coming up for expiration by the end of October. Are there any available options to use these miles? Seems like flight redemptions will not be possible for the low amount of miles, but wanted to check if anyone had any options that they're used in the past.

TIA,
nightan
Old Sep 13, 2018, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by nightan
Hi All, I have about 11,000 EK miles in my account belonging to my son. These miles are coming up for expiration by the end of October. Are there any available options to use these miles? Seems like flight redemptions will not be possible for the low amount of miles, but wanted to check if anyone had any options that they're used in the past.
Look at their Skywards partners and you might find something. Some low cost airlines, Budget car rental, hotels. There's The Emirates High Street for overpriced stuff or you can part pay another Emirates flight with them.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Miles upgrade

Hi. Trying to do miles upgrade MRU-MAN EK704/017 Saturday 30th Sept but as yet only MRU-DXB available. When I asked if I could book it now and still get the combined miles when/if DXB-MAN becomes available she said no, I would have to calculate it as separate miles. Sure I've heard they will give you the combined mileage should the second leg become available?
So is it worth holding on until the MAN leg becomes available?
Also my other half upgraded with miles MRU-DXB and they told him hes not entitled to lounge access in Mauritius. I thought no lounge access if you took a cash email offer. Sure we got lounge before with miles upgrades.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:05 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by daisymay2
Hi. Trying to do miles upgrade MRU-MAN EK704/017 Saturday 30th Sept but as yet only MRU-DXB available. When I asked if I could book it now and still get the combined miles when/if DXB-MAN becomes available she said no, I would have to calculate it as separate miles. Sure I've heard they will give you the combined mileage should the second leg become available?
Also my other half upgraded with miles MRU-DXB and they told him hes not entitled to lounge access in Mauritius. I thought no lounge access if you took a cash email offer. Sure we got lounge before with miles upgrades.
Yes - sounds like a dodgy agent. You can definitely get lounge access with miles upgrades.

And yes, you should be able to combine the awards at a later date if it becomes available.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
If it was a discounted miles uogupgr offer by e-mail then no lounge. Can combine later
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
If it was a discounted miles uogupgr offer by e-mail then no lounge. Can combine later
Straight miles upgrade offer not discounted so lounge should be available. Will ignore her. She even tried to tell us we cant do it over the phone (we needed to separate the PNR which is why I phoned this morning.)
Fingers crossed for upgrade. I havent done my upgrade yet just my other half's as the agent in Mauritius insisted I cannot combine them and if I wanted to book the MRU-DXB leg I would have to pay the miles for that leg and then the miles for DXB-MAN.

Thank you DYKWIA and Skywardhunter!
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:27 am

17 on 30th is busy...
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by m3red

17 on 30th is busy...
Thanks but still getting about 16 J seats available on 017 on 30th September with expertflyer?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:14 pm

Thanks but still getting about 16 J seats available on 017 on 30th September with expertflyer?
How so? EF doesn't indicate availability higher than 7 for J buckets for EK, seat map, as always, is not reliable. But also even if J isn't full, EK may offer discounted upgrades to pax and even op-up over a mileage upgrade, I had this happen to me ex BHX before because I wanted to wait until onboard to not have to pay excess APD
Old Sep 24, 2018, 9:48 pm

How so? EF doesn't indicate availability higher than 7 for J buckets for EK, seat map, as always, is not reliable. But also even if J isn't full, EK may offer discounted upgrades to pax and even op-up over a mileage upgrade, I had this happen to me ex BHX before because I wanted to wait until onboard to not have to pay excess APD
looks full close to full in y And f is busy too
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by m3red

looks full close to full in y And f is busy too

OK so what would you advise? Take the MRU-DXB upgrade now and forget about the DXB-MAN? If that should come up will EK combine the miles for me rather than have me pay two separate mileages?
Thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:54 am

Its OK! I got both upgrades so sorted!
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:56 am

OK so what would you advise? Take the MRU-DXB upgrade now and forget about the DXB-MAN? If that should come up will EK combine the miles for me rather than have me pay two separate mileages?
Thanks!
Can combine later
Its OK! I got both upgrades so sorted!
^
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Is there a (new) rule prohibiting mixed cabin awards? I'm 100% sure I was able to book mixed J/F awards in the past (and obviously pay the higher mileage amount for F for the whole itinerary), but several agents have been telling me that it's not possible and I'd need to book two separate awards which sounds ridiculous.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Is there a (new) rule prohibiting mixed cabin awards? I'm 100% sure I was able to book mixed J/F awards in the past (and obviously pay the higher mileage amount for F for the whole itinerary), but several agents have been telling me that it's not possible and I'd need to book two separate awards which sounds ridiculous.
never been possible unless one leg is a two-class, at least for revenue. Not totally sure for awards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.