Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Auto upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Interesting seems we have trend with correlation with what EK state is when the function is disabled. I mentioned the following below in the thread above , so it seems that EK wait to the very last minute being 3 days/72hrs before going and upgrading people with miles who are waitlisted.
Sorry, very off-topic, but wasn't your signature another bottle of Dom?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Sorry, very off-topic, but wasn't your signature another bottle of Dom?
Haha it was , but had to change it after tasting ( more like drinking a whole bottle ) the delights of Krug one evening ! Dom is not bad by any stretch of the imagination , but for me currently Krug has the upper hand.
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:03 pm

So I called at check in time t-48 this morning.

no miles seats only full F ie flex plus.

anyone who says they always release miles seats at T-48 is wrong,
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:10 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by m3red
So I called at check in time t-48 this morning.

no miles seats only full F ie flex plus.

anyone who says they always release miles seats at T-48 is wrong,
I would have been most surprised if the 'always' release seats at T-48.
In the past, I have a few times followed a few routes on EF to get an idea when Z buckets seats were released and - if they were released at all - it was almost always more than T-48.
So I completely agree with your observation!
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
I would have been most surprised if the 'always' release seats at T-48.
In the past, I have a few times followed a few routes on EF to get an idea when Z buckets seats were released and - if they were released at all - it was almost always more than T-48.
So I completely agree with your observation!
Only 2 seats left now...on this route given my experience it will most likely a miles upgrade at the gate (if they haven't sold the seats).
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:35 am

Interesting having a little look at my booking on the website and thought i would take a look at if any upgrade space has opened up on the CPT-DXB-CPT sectors , nothing , but it was showing no upgrade space for the ADD-DXB sector either. This was strange as the EK App was showing space open on the ADD-DXB sector. So a good idea to have and check the app regularly as well.

EK Website

App

Last edited by Flame3601; Jan 10, 2018 at 10:42 am
Old Jan 12, 2018, 11:30 pm

Only 2 seats left now...on this route given my experience it will most likely a miles upgrade at the gate (if they haven't sold the seats).
upgrades processed at t-1 using miles
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:29 am

upgrades processed at t-1 using miles
T-1 hours , assuming at the gate or lounge ? If so that is ridiculous.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Flame3601
T-1 hours , assuming at the gate or lounge ? If so that is ridiculous.
I was still in the lounge when I noticed on EF that our seats had moved from j.

i then got the BPs from the lounge - if I was gold it would be annoying to miss out on the first lounge.
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold/ Hilton Honors Diamond
I'm waiting for the auto upgrade for a flight on 26th Jan, LGW - DXB J to F. The auto function is no longer there. I called EK and they said that since there are only 4 seats available in F the chance is slim (we need 2 seats)....but I went online and tried to book 8 seats And they are available. I don't believe anything anymore.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by UAEBANDIT
I'm waiting for the auto upgrade for a flight on 26th Jan, LGW - DXB J to F. The auto function is no longer there. I called EK and they said that since there are only 4 seats available in F the chance is slim (we need 2 seats)....but I went online and tried to book 8 seats And they are available. I don't believe anything anymore.
Check expert flyer to see availability and or view seat map for a rough guide.
UAEBANDIT likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:42 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

I had a quick look on EF:
All three LGW - DXB flights on 26/1 have lots of availability in all classes (F4 A4 is the highest ‘count’ one can get in F).
Seatmaps show 2 , 3 and 2 seats reserved respectively. We all know that seat maps only give a rough idea, but in my experience many F (and to a certain degree J) travellers reserve seats when booking.
I don’t understand why auto upgrade would have been disabled, I have never experienced that (but then it’s not something I have looked at a lot).
If I were you, I would pay $9.99 for an EF subscription for a month and set an alert. Also set an alert on the EK website.
If all else fails, try to upgrade at the airport (or, as you have gold Skywards status, on board).
FWIW, looking at award availability for the next week, only EK10 has availability for 3 out of 7 days. And - even more crude - looking at today’s seat maps also suggests EK10 has the best upgrade potential of the three flights (EK12, 16 and 10)

UAEBANDIT likes this.

Last edited by thijsseh; Jan 14, 2018 at 9:55 pm
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: Skywards Gold/ Hilton Honors Diamond
Thanks, yes I already looked at EF and saw only 2seats reserved. Problem is my son is silver so he can't get on board upgrade. I also feel that most people reserve their seats when traveling F class so I do feel hopeful. According to the EK rep I got my auto upgrade on the system before it was locked down, now it's just a case of wondering how many others are in the auto upgrade before me. They can't see/won't tell that info. Last month my husband was in the same situation flying DXB - Cai and he was adamant that he would only go F, we did the auto upgrade, then it locked down and then at the airport they were like "oh we're empty for sure you can upgrade".
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:55 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Thanks, yes I already looked at EF and saw only 2seats reserved. Problem is my son is silver so he can't get on board upgrade. I also feel that most people reserve their seats when traveling F class so I do feel hopeful. According to the EK rep I got my auto upgrade on the system before it was locked down, now it's just a case of wondering how many others are in the auto upgrade before me. They can't see/won't tell that info. Last month my husband was in the same situation flying DXB - Cai and he was adamant that he would only go F, we did the auto upgrade, then it locked down and then at the airport they were like "oh we're empty for sure you can upgrade".
As far as I’m aware, silvers can upgrade on board!
UAEBANDIT likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 4:29 am

Silver can upgrade on board
UAEBANDIT likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.