Wiki Posts
Search

Auto upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by extramileage
Leaving the MIL in Y, right?
Hopefully yes , but she will be with her daughter aka my wife.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Hopefully yes , but she will be with her daughter aka my wife.
Wouldn't it be better for marital harmony to let the MIL set in J and you and wifey sit in Y?
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Wouldn't it be better for marital harmony to let the MIL set in J and you and wifey sit in Y?
Well if I was only traveling with the wife/family then I wouldn't consider upgrading myself with cash/miles unless all can join me up top. My wife is fine being left with the MILFH ( Mother In law from hell ) and I did say if a op-up/upgrade with miles or cheeky cash upgarde pops up I'm taking it as we all know we both don't do well in closed compact spaces together for long or short periods of time. So sitting side to side isn't gunna be ideal so to say 😂. 2J seats left on EK770 so very very unlikely, sadly.

On a side note i have discovered and thus answered my question above about how long the auto-upgarde offers extends to. The answer is 72hrs before your flight departs ,then the auto-upgarde feature is disabled.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:10 am

Has anyone actually been upgraded using this in advance of their flight ie before check in?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by m3red
Has anyone actually been upgraded using this in advance of their flight ie before check in?
Never, i reckon it is also a cheeky way to gauge how many people want upgrade and might be swayed with cash offers first ?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: EK Gold
Admittedly this was over 6 months ago, however.....
I was on the same flight as a friend. I had selected auto-upgrade & he hadn't.
He received a discounted upgrade offer via email T-48.
Needless to say I wasn't too pleased. Haven't really had any faith in it since.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by nmc980
Admittedly this was over 6 months ago, however.....
I was on the same flight as a friend. I had selected auto-upgrade & he hadn't.
He received a discounted upgrade offer via email T-48.
Needless to say I wasn't too pleased. Haven't really had any faith in it since.
this is j to f but I think it’s a waste of time...

the reality is is an argument at t-48 with EK that there is space and they won’t release the seats
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
I have, J-F on EK500, on a relatively empty F (50% occupancy of the F cabin), as recent as 2 months back. This is how the confo comes:

Dear Mr x

Booking reference: N****N

We are pleased to confirm your upgrade reward booking with Emirates*. A total of 19,500 Skywards Miles has been deducted from your account**.

To view your updated Miles balance, please log in and visit your statement page. To review your reservation details, please visit Manage a booking.

We wish you a pleasant journey.

*Please note: rewards cannot be sold.
**If you have not authorised this transaction, please call your nearest Emirates Contact Centre immediately.

Best regards,

Emirates Skywards
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by jackiedada
I have, J-F on EK500, on a relatively empty F (50% occupancy of the F cabin), as recent as 2 months back. This is how the confo comes:

Dear Mr x

Booking reference: N****N

We are pleased to confirm your upgrade reward booking with Emirates*. A total of 19,500 Skywards Miles has been deducted from your account**.

To view your updated Miles balance, please log in and visit your statement page. To review your reservation details, please visit Manage a booking.

We wish you a pleasant journey.

*Please note: rewards cannot be sold.
**If you have not authorised this transaction, please call your nearest Emirates Contact Centre immediately.

Best regards,

Emirates Skywards
thanks - how far in advance was this?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I selected auto upgrade for a flight from JNB to LIS from Y to J. I got auto upgraded on the DXB to LIS sector a few days before flight. I then received an email suggesting I pay to upgrade JNB to DXB sector. I did not have enough miles to upgrade each sector individually (nor would I want to) but had had enough to upgrade both legs in one go.

I called EK in US and the agent cancelled the auto upgrade and reimbursed me my miles. She then upgraded me on both sectors at the reduced rate when upgrading both sectors simultaneously.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold

thanks - how far in advance was this?
It was 3 days prior to the flight if I recall correctly.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Think it was three days for me as well.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by cargueiro
Think it was three days for me as well.
Originally Posted by jackiedada
It was 3 days prior to the flight if I recall correctly.
Interesting seems we have trend with correlation with what EK state is when the function is disabled. I mentioned the following below in the thread above , so it seems that EK wait to the very last minute being 3 days/72hrs before going and upgrading people with miles who are waitlisted.
On a side note i have discovered and thus answered my question above about how long the auto-upgarde offers extends to. The answer is 72hrs before your flight departs ,then the auto-upgarde feature is disabled.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Flame3601
Interesting seems we have trend with correlation with what EK state is when the function is disabled. I mentioned the following below in the thread above , so it seems that EK wait to the very last minute being 3 days/72hrs before going and upgrading people with miles who are waitlisted.
flights still got seats in F and auto upgrade has now been switched off (no option to see it on mmb).

I’ll call EK tomorrow at check in but I guess it’s pointless and we’ll have to wait until the gate...
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:32 am

flights still got seats in F and auto upgrade has now been switched off (no option to see it on mmb).

I’ll call EK tomorrow at check in but I guess it’s pointless and we’ll have to wait until the gate...
Ugh the amount of times i hear that now , i just wish they would make up there minds T-72hrs before hand. Best of luck thou !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.