Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:56 pm

Another one whose chauffeur drive booking details have vanished from Manage a Booking. Mine was following an upgraded flight and was updated a couple of days ago.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: Qantas Plat
Chauffeur booking shows up if you email the itinerary.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: QF, EK
Originally Posted by pushka
My chauffeur trip booked on Qantas award in January has disappeared from MMB in the EK site. It was there yesterday and it told me I had only 1 of 2 trips booked. Today nada.
I also wondered about this. I too have a rewards J flight on EK metal booked through QFF. I booked the CD service on the inbound flight, and that still shows on QF site. However, like you it has disappeared on MMB on the EK website.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: QANTAS, Oneworld
Originally Posted by M.Wilson
However, like you it has disappeared on MMB on the EK website.
Select the email itinerary option on the Emirates web site and the CDs should show up on the emailed document..
M.Wilson likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Completely forgot about the changes and the EK agent said they can't add chauffeur when I called up yesterday. Is there anyway around it?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:10 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Completely forgot about the changes and the EK agent said they can't add chauffeur when I called up yesterday. Is there anyway around it?
No, as stated on the previous page :-

"Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades. This extends to replacement Chauffeur-drive reservations for any flight re-booked after 1 March 2019. Chauffeur-drive reservations completed prior to 1 March 2019 in conjunction with flights after 1 March 2019 will not be impacted."

You had to make your CD reservation before 1st March.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by RealityBites
Select the email itinerary option on the Emirates web site and the CDs should show up on the emailed document..
Just hope they show up on whatever system does the bookings.

I'll find out shortly.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Although the official cutoff time is indeed 48 hours, I have once been able to organise a pick up with less than 24 hours notice in AMS by contacting the provider directly (the number having been supplied by the EK call centre). The provider told me they could organise this up to T-12 when the list would become ‘final’.
Most likely this will not work everywhere, but it might be worth callin EK when you are ‘in a pickle’.
Same experience for ZRH.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Hi all,
I'm planning to take MEL - SIN flight and apparently it arrive on midnight.
Any chance to defer the Chauffeur Drive couple of hours so I can spend more time at the airport ?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:06 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Hi all,
Any chance to defer the Chauffeur Drive couple of hours so I can spend more time at the airport ?
No, generally speaking you have little or no influence on the timing of the CD on arrival. The driver will be waiting for you and will expect to leave more or less immediately (you may want to visit an ATM or an airport shop quickly and that is ok in my experience).
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:10 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Hi all,
Only in DXB
kaizen7 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:59 am
nwe

Programs: Skywards Gold
Got a return trip DXB-MCO then as there's no direct flight on Tuesday 12 I'm flying MCO-JFK with Jetblue then onto DXB in business.

Is there anyway to get chauffeur drive in MCO for my Jetblue flight given that its on one ticket?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: Some
Not hugely familiar with Chauffeur Drive as a recent defector to EK. Does F class typically get a better car than J class or is it just completely random? Seems from post 1 that in some places there used to be a difference and in some places there isn't - is that still the case?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:10 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Not hugely familiar with Chauffeur Drive as a recent defector to EK. Does F class typically get a better car than J class or is it just completely random? Seems from post 1 that in some places there used to be a difference and in some places there isn't - is that still the case?
Pretty much the same. At DXB you're supposed to get a better car, but at outstations it's a bit random.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: Qantas Plat
Originally Posted by thijsseh

No, generally speaking you have little or no influence on the timing of the CD on arrival. The driver will be waiting for you and will expect to leave more or less immediately (you may want to visit an ATM or an airport shop quickly and that is ok in my experience).
I think there is a way. In Singapore you have to go to a booth after immigration and only then is the car booked for you. And it’s a very busy booth.

When departing I was travelling in F and a beautiful Maybach arrived for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.