Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:02 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Contrast
Just wondering if Emirates plan on introducing a chauffeur service with their new EDI flight?

Given that GLA has the service, I would assume they will, but I haven't read anything official from EK.
All current UK flights have CD, so I don't see EDI being any different. The STN CD details were confirmed quite late, so it's probably the same for EDI.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:59 pm

Emirates Chauffeur Drive

Decided to try the limo this year. Have booked it for two passengers to Manchester from Scarborough. Extra charge of £75 each way but customer relations tell me there will be a £50 each way deduction as two people are traveling and we won't be using the two other offered cars as we'll be helicopting at destination. However, they refused to put this in writing! It also seems that confirmation of the limo involves getting a phone call 24 hours before pick up and again nothing in writing except the booking which is not good for my nervous system. Is this service 100% reliable? Has anyone had a bad experience?
Have to say that when you have a trip riding on a car turning up one expects a little more reassurance such as one has with the tickets.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
You should receive email confirmation of booking and be able to see it in MMB and in the app. However it is very reliable
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Have never had a problem with the chauffeur drive. Have always received the phone call in advance to confirm and, if for some reason you don't, will have time to contact Emirates to re confirm. Let your nervous system relax and enjoy the flight!
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:50 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by dwugson
Have never had a problem with the chauffeur drive. Have always received the phone call in advance to confirm and, if for some reason you don't, will have time to contact Emirates to re confirm. Let your nervous system relax and enjoy the flight!
Same here. At the (admittedly few) destinations where I have used the CD (CPT/LHR/LGW/AMS), they have always called the previous day - or the same day recently when I booked very late (see post #1151 ). In AMS they charged me the full excess distance (even though we had only used 1 out of 2 cars), but it was totally worth the money!

BTW: No confirmation for a car from the airport to your final destination of course... Depending on the station you will find a row of drivers with name signs (AMS/CPT), a desk where you report and they call your driver (LGW) or a 'lounge' where you can sit down and wait for your driver to appear (after a few minutes - LHR). Of course there may be different arrangements (DXB for instance), but these are the ones I know.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Gold. Hilton Gold, EK Platinum
[Is this service 100% reliable? Has anyone had a bad experience?
Have to say that when you have a trip riding on a car turning up one expects a little more reassurance such as one has with the tickets.[/QUOTE]

I would say 90% reliable! There has always been contact the day before to confirm pick-up time, even when they forgot to send a driver to take me from my home in the English Lakes to NCL!
They were kind enough to phone 10 minutes before the scheduled time to inform me that it had just been noticed that the driver had not booked on the system. Ended up using a local taxi, though either Emirates or the limo firm must have picked up the bill as my local account was not charged.
Also on returning in First to MAN from SYD I was put in a taxi home from the airport. It makes me laugh when I see the list on this forum of up market Volvos, Merc's and BMWs supposed to be on offer!
Have admit there has, so far, never been any problem or disappointment in vehicle at any overseas airport.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:59 am

Thanks for the info guys, 10% chance of no transport is, frankly, not good enough when you've 18K riding on it. Turns the car hire into a Betfair punt which is not a habit of mine. Can anyone supply a direct phone contact number for whoever runs the UK MAN outfit?
Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by meditek
Thanks for the info guys, 10% chance of no transport is, frankly, not good enough when you've 18K riding on it. Turns the car hire into a Betfair punt which is not a habit of mine. Can anyone supply a direct phone contact number for whoever runs the UK MAN outfit?
Thanks.
Hahaha. Really, chill. It's extremely reliable. Else book a cab.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Hahaha. Really, chill. It's extremely reliable. Else book a cab.
Hoho, maybe I should book a camel. This whole system is delightfully vague by modern standards; the more so when Emirates Customer Relations won't put their promises into print!
When you're just off 80 handling possible screw ups is not high on one's to do list.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:39 pm

Hoho, maybe I should book a camel. This whole system is delightfully vague by modern standards; the more so when Emirates Customer Relations won't put their promises into print!
When you're just off 80 handling possible screw ups is not high on one's to do list.
What's vague about it? You book it, they phone you the day before to confirm, and they drive you to the airport. The booking can be seen in Manage My Booking.

If you're that worried, try the ever reliable Scarborough to MAN Transpennine Express
flying_pig likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:24 am

Thanks.
I seem to remember a post on this thread back in March(?) that Addison Lee have now taken over CD duties for Manchester.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by mjmal51
I seem to remember a post on this thread back in March(?) that Addison Lee have now taken over CD duties for Manchester.
AL were mentioned but according to this Tristar now provide the service,

http://www.thechauffeur.com/tristar-wins-emirates-manchester-contract/

Try contacting them

Edit - it appears Tristar are part of Addison Lee

http://www.tristarworldwide.com/

My next flight from MAN using the Emirates chauffeur is not until Nov.

Last edited by mjmal51; Aug 2, 2018 at 5:58 am
Old Aug 2, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: WN A+ Preffered CP, DL SK GOld, AA Gold
3 months ago, I posted in this thread. Quick recap. Booked LAX/JNB in J and returned from DAR to LAX in J as well. When I booked the reservation in October 2017, my residence in SAN was covered for the Chauffeur service. Received emaill confirmations from EK and plans were set. 2 days before departure, I received 2 more emails, one from EK to check in and another from the car service would pick me up at the appointed time. On the day of departure, 3 hours before my pick up time, I got a 3rd email stating that my residence was no longer covered and that I now owe 230.00. I did an online chat and then called EK and was told by both agents that EK has the right to change their terms at any time. When I arrived at LAX, i talked to the agents at the EK Lounge and after about an hour of them on the phone with someone else, they advised me that the change was made in March of 2018. They sent the changes to Skyward members via email. Since I was using a codeshare partner to accumulate mileage, I didn't get the email. Upon return, I sent EK a letter and someone from here was kind enough to provide the EK chart at the time of my booking showing my residence was covered. 2 months later, EK finally responded. They are not taking any responsibility but as a Gesture of Good Will, they offering to reimburse me 50% of my costs in the form of a check.

Before i respond back to EK, I 'd like the thoughts of the board. Fair or unfair?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:35 am

I'm happier now I have put a backup plan in place. Good thing about backup plans is that when in place you never
need them but, if not,you wish you had. Seems Winston Vickers (above) had a bad experience.
I'll give Tristar (unfortunate handle- are they based in Staines) a buzz but expect the usual UK rap on the knuckles when I do!
My feeling is DYKWIA that if I had to rely on a phone call to confirm my flight with no online check in
then I would fly with someone that took away chance and avoid the stress.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:21 pm

My feeling is DYKWIA that if I had to rely on a phone call to confirm my flight with no online check in
then I would fly with someone that took away chance and avoid the stress.

As I said previously, you can confirm the booking in the Manage My Booking part of the website. It shows if you've got a car booked, and the pick up time (and I think it now has the address). The phone call the day before is a courtesy call (like you get from restaurants).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.