Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 6:51 pm

Programs: EK Gold
EK have a brand new fleet of E350 Hybrids for J class at BKK. The previous cars were woefully old and drab.
murtaza12 and Bouncingsouls like this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by jonzboy
EK have a brand new fleet of E350 Hybrids for J class at BKK. The previous cars were woefully old and drab.
What they use for F class passengers in Bangkok?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: EK Gold
Sorry I don't know, maybe someone more knowledgeable will chip in.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum, BA Bronze, And EK silver
Hi Guys

I am about to book to travel on EK from LHR to Kathmandu (Codesharing g with FZ) in J class with a 4 day stopover in DXB.

Am I entitled to be picked up at Dubai to the airport to connect on FZ to KTM ?

I just called a clueless agent who said yes I am! any experiences?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
Originally Posted by Kölner
What they use for F class passengers in Bangkok?
Mercedes E-class (old and new), bmw 5 series (old and new), bmw 7 series (old).
Emirates practically uses the same cars for business and first,
Kölner likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: LH HON; EK Plat; QR G; IC-RA; HH D; WoH Glob
Originally Posted by den3aah
Hi Guys

I am about to book to travel on EK from LHR to Kathmandu (Codesharing g with FZ) in J class with a 4 day stopover in DXB.

Am I entitled to be picked up at Dubai to the airport to connect on FZ to KTM ?

I just called a clueless agent who said yes I am! any experiences?
No Chauffeur Service between terminals at DXB. You will have to make the way by yourself (just follow the airside signs to the gates and there will be a transfer bus option).
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by malinche
No Chauffeur Service between terminals at DXB. You will have to make the way by yourself (just follow the airside signs to the gates and there will be a transfer bus option).
But this isn’t a transfer between terminals! Like I said, I’m stopping over in Dubai for four days and therefore would need to be picked up from downtown to the airport. According to the EK call centre, I would be picked up. But there isn’t info on the website to confirm this!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:24 am

But this isn’t a transfer between terminals! Like I said, I’m stopping over in Dubai for four days and therefore would need to be picked up from downtown to the airport. According to the EK call centre, I would be picked up. But there isn’t info on the website to confirm this!
Use the Website or Application and look under "My Booking" . There you can see if you have Chauffeur or not and can manage.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: Skywards Gold

CD is available when flying on a qualifying EK flight in J or F from DXB, you aren't, I don't think it'd work. They're still different airlines and FZ doesn't offer CD
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Kölner
Use the Website or Application and look under "My Booking" . There you can see if you have Chauffeur or not and can manage.

I just did and it shows as chauffeur being available! hence Why I am so confused!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:35 am

I just did and it shows as chauffeur being available! hence Why I am so confused!
Then I would book it and just see whether you get the confirmation call 24h before departure. If no call and no driver, then you can just get a cab/Uber/etc.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:55 pm

Question Re: chauffeur-pick up and transfers in DXB

Hi all
I am flying Saturday on EK in business and have booked my chauffeur pick up. But does EK or their contracted service provide email or phone me to confirm, or do I just hope they'll show up?

Also, on my return, I am stopping over in DXB for 21 hours. I have used the EK stopover program to book a hotel and there is a coach transfer to hotel included. Does anyone know how long it takes to get into downtown? I am wondering if the shared bus transfer will take forever b/c of all the stops and I should maybe skip it and take a taxi. I am arriving at 1pm.

thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:10 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Globetrottngal
Hi all
I am flying Saturday on EK in business and have booked my chauffeur pick up. But does EK or their contracted service provide email or phone me to confirm, or do I just hope they'll show up?

Also, on my return, I am stopping over in DXB for 21 hours. I have used the EK stopover program to book a hotel and there is a coach transfer to hotel included. Does anyone know how long it takes to get into downtown? I am wondering if the shared bus transfer will take forever b/c of all the stops and I should maybe skip it and take a taxi. I am arriving at 1pm.

thanks!
Not sure where you are starting from, but in most (if not all) places you will get a phone call from the CD service provider the day before departure to confirm the pick up. They usually also ask about the amount of luggage you have so they can send a bigger car if required.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Globetrottngal
Hi all

thanks!
If you're in J or F it's a chauffeur transfer in DXB not a shared coach. If in Y then coach but near airport and no stops. They should call a day before to confirm chauffeur but even if they don't they're quite reliable in showing up
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
DXB is the only place where they have not called me the day before . However my experience is limited to 4 UK airports/ DXB and 3 Indian airports.

Not sure if this is still the case as it has been well over 2 years since my last chauffeur pickup in DXB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.