Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Also Tristar (I think).
Not sure about LGW anymore, but LHR uses Tristar for sure, the text that comes when the chauffeur is outside is always from Tristar.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by murtaza12
Not sure about LGW anymore, but LHR uses Tristar for sure, the text that comes when the chauffeur is outside is always from Tristar.
Hunter turns gamekeeper for me then, as I used to drive a red Volvo for Tristar, taking Virgin's pax around and about. Next week I shall be driven by them.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:04 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by botham
Hunter turns gamekeeper for me then, as I used to drive a red Volvo for Tristar, taking Virgin's pax around and about. Next week I shall be driven by them.
Maybe... Some of the LHR flights are Carey
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Tipping

Is it standard practice to tip these chauffeurs? It wasn't when I was doing the job!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:25 pm

Is it standard practice to tip these chauffeurs? It wasn't when I was doing the job!
No, don't open up that can of worms again, please!!!

Do what you like, and let's leave it at that
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
True , You don't want to be rude ,but you don't want to start a trend of drivers expecting $$
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: A-Club Platinum, Emirates Platinum, Aegean Gold
This morning arriving into Dubai in First was offered a Volvo to take me home, of course this was politely declined and I told them I would wait a few minutes for the Merc.

The look on the guys face was priceless when I told him I would rather wait a few minutes for a better car.

What has Dubai done to me, before I arrived I was happy in a local taxi, now it has to be an E class as a minimum...haha
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: Skywards (Platinum) / British Airways EC (Silver) / Alfursan (Silver)
Originally Posted by Antdenatale
This morning arriving into Dubai in First was offered a Volvo to take me home, of course this was politely declined and I told them I would wait a few minutes for the Merc.

The look on the guys face was priceless when I told him I would rather wait a few minutes for a better car.

What has Dubai done to me, before I arrived I was happy in a local taxi, now it has to be an E class as a minimum...haha
Haha I know right, and I bet you look over at the S-Class mercs and think....where's my invitation for them.

The volvos are very tired though, there are a few new silver ones though.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Pull yourself together Antdenatale, and get a grip on life's priorities.

(What's that I hear you saying ....you already have .......??!!)

Oh, and another thing. Stop upsetting hard-working CD drivers at DXB
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:32 am

Programs: A-Club Platinum, Emirates Platinum, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Pull yourself together Antdenatale, and get a grip on life's priorities.

(What's that I hear you saying ....you already have .......??!!)

Oh, and another thing. Stop upsetting hard-working CD drivers at DXB
I was tired and had to stop myself from saying 'I am traveling First and a Platinum and you want me to go in a Volvo?'

Perhaps I need to travel with some other airlines for a while for me to appreciate what I have!

@strike - You get the S class at LHR, being a big guy, I find the seats very uncomfortable and end up sitting side on for most of the journey.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I was tired and had to stop myself from saying 'I am traveling First and a Platinum and you want me to go in a Volvo?'

Perhaps I need to travel with some other airlines for a while for me to appreciate what I have!

Perhaps so ^

Although.......I suggest you might want to avoid Lufthansa ....just in case it leads to yet more first world problems/anxieties, as you wonder why EK don't match up to LH's car-to-aircraft service, dedicated personal airport assistant, exclusive F-only terminal ....etc etc ....

(best stop there in case I get accused of advertising ....)
Old Jan 10, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
The worst is when you troll through flyertalk and find out all these great things and when you get to the car its a C class, so you become unhappy and don't enjoy the journey as you know what you could of got .....
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: Skywards Gold

not much in it between the volvos and the mercs to be honest!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: Skywards (Platinum) / British Airways EC (Silver) / Alfursan (Silver)
@strike - You get the S class at LHR, being a big guy, I find the seats very uncomfortable and end up sitting side on for most of the journey.
There is a solution...and it might not need to be a bigger car

No way do you get an S-Class in London, Emirates pandering to southerners again XD
Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:09 am

I believe it's called "acclimatising" - soon you will be featured in the BA DYKWIA thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.