Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:27 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by EmileG
When booking the Chauffeur cars for business class online, it shows an option for me to book a car each for my wife and I who are traveling together. When I booked one car, I get the message: "1 of 2 cars booked." Since this is our first time on Emirates, I want to make sure I am booking the car correctly. I wanted to make sure there wasn't a translation problem here. Am I supposed to book a car for each person? We only need one car. Sorry, I am confused. Thanks for your help.
You are entitled for 1 car per person, that's why the 'booked 1 of 2 cars' is there. If you only need 1 car, then it's fine
Old Feb 16, 2016, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by Oztravellerleeds
Can anyone advise where the chauffeur will be located in Sydney airport please. We arrive at 7am local time.
Anyone help please
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:31 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Oztravellerleeds
Anyone help please
It was a while ago when I was there... but from what I remember, there was a guy with an Emirates board at arrivals. He then directs you to your driver.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by bgriff

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...award-tickets/
OMAAT wrote that he was able to get the chauffeur just by walking up to the chauffeur stand at DXB and presenting his F ticket. But that was a year ago. Does his still work? I fly on an AS award ticket EK F to DXB in 2 weeks and would love to take the Emirates car to my hotel. I don't have any hopes of it working at my next destination, though.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by EmileG
When booking the Chauffeur cars for business class online, it shows an option for me to book a car each for my wife and I who are traveling together. When I booked one car, I get the message: "1 of 2 cars booked." Since this is our first time on Emirates, I want to make sure I am booking the car correctly. I wanted to make sure there wasn't a translation problem here. Am I supposed to book a car for each person? We only need one car. Sorry, I am confused. Thanks for your help.

you basically qualify for two cars to pick you up , but if you think 1 car is enough for your needs ( baggage ) then your all set .....
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
OMAAT wrote that he was able to get the chauffeur just by walking up to the chauffeur stand at DXB and presenting his F ticket. But that was a year ago. Does his still work? I fly on an AS award ticket EK F to DXB in 2 weeks and would love to take the Emirates car to my hotel. I don't have any hopes of it working at my next destination, though.
you can try of course but you are not entitled to, last week one guy next time complaint loudly that he didnt get the car and that he flew F etc (was on an AS reward ticket in the end)
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:41 am

Well, I'm going to try but I won't complain if I don't get it. The question is, should I try to book it online first, or walk up to the stand without a reservation?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Well, I'm going to try but I won't complain if I don't get it. The question is, should I try to book it online first, or walk up to the stand without a reservation?
just try a go-show (have done this many times, EK ticket though), if you book it online it'll most certainly be auto cancelled from the system
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by kuroko
You are entitled for 1 car per person, that's why the 'booked 1 of 2 cars' is there. If you only need 1 car, then it's fine
Originally Posted by Flame3601
you basically qualify for two cars to pick you up , but if you think 1 car is enough for your needs ( baggage ) then your all set .....
Thank you both for the clarification. We look forward to our flights from JFK to MXP and return. First time on an A380 as well.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by kuroko
just try a go-show (have done this many times, EK ticket though), if you book it online it'll most certainly be auto cancelled from the system
The booking window doesn't appear for non-EK/QF tickets iirc so can't even do that!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
It was a while ago when I was there... but from what I remember, there was a guy with an Emirates board at arrivals. He then directs you to your driver.
Was there in September - as you exit arrivals there are several Chauffeurs holding EK branded signboards with F&J pax names written. Find your name and you'll find your chauffeur
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC silver, CX gold, FB ivory
My wife and I have snagged seats in J to DXB in a sale and we are travelling from LGW on the earlier flight leaving at 10am.

We would prefer to go down the night before and have a night in the Sofitel, then roll into the terminal the next morning in a leisurely fashion (the Sofitel is right next to the terminal).

Will the chauffeur service come the day before if we want or are we tied to going down early the morning of the flight?

Thanks for the advice!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:22 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by zanskar
My wife and I have snagged seats in J to DXB in a sale and we are travelling from LGW on the earlier flight leaving at 10am.

We would prefer to go down the night before and have a night in the Sofitel, then roll into the terminal the next morning in a leisurely fashion (the Sofitel is right next to the terminal).

Will the chauffeur service come the day before if we want or are we tied to going down early the morning of the flight?

Thanks for the advice!
No, you'd have to make your own way there unfortunately.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:28 am

Programs: BAEC silver, CX gold, FB ivory
Oh well thanks for the prompt reply anyway!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by zanskar

Thanks for the advice!
It happens, but whether it happens at LGW is another matter. I suggest you ask Emirates and if they say no, the car company.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.