Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 2:17 pm

Yup, 100 driven miles which would get me in on EY rather than EK's 70 mile radius !
Old May 14, 2016, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAworldwide
Oh that is interesting.

I just this evening booked for DXB-MCT tomorrow morning and I got the same message in my booking on line (for arrival into Muscat). But I didn't know about chauffeur drive in MCT and on previous flights I didn't see it offered (it may have slipped my mind because I always rent a car in Muscat).

So, perhaps some kind of IT bug....?
Most likely an IT bug.

My booking for ISB-DXB showed Chauffeur Drive availability in ISB, which is also wrong since there is no Chauffeur service anywhere in Pakistan.
The error message seems to show up on all bookings.

Also, as another member mentioned, the only destination in ME with CD is DOH.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:57 am

Chauffer drive in KL ? Er no, I don't think so !

EK018 - MANMAN,Manchester to DXBDXB,Dubai
1 of 1 cars booked for dropoff to Manchester International Airport for your flight.
Unfortunately it’s now too late to make changes to your Chauffeur-drive booking. Please get in touch with us(Opens a new window) for help.

EK346 - DXBDXB,Dubai to KULKUL,Kuala Lumpur
0 of 1 cars booked for pickup from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to your location in Kuala Lumpur.
The Chauffeur-drive service must be booked in advance and unfortunately it’s now too late to add a Chauffeur-drive booking to your itinerary.

EK373 - BKKBKK,Bangkok to DXBDXB,Dubai
1 of 1 cars booked for dropoff to Suvarnabhumi International Airport for your flight.

EK021 - DXBDXB,Dubai to MANMAN,Manchester
1 of 1 cars booked for pickup from Manchester International Airport to your location in Manchester.
Old May 20, 2016, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tezzer
Chauffer drive in KL ? Er no, I don't think so !

EK018 - MANMAN,Manchester to DXBDXB,Dubai
1 of 1 cars booked for dropoff to Manchester International Airport for your flight.
Unfortunately it’s now too late to make changes to your Chauffeur-drive booking. Please get in touch with us(Opens a new window) for help.

EK346 - DXBDXB,Dubai to KULKUL,Kuala Lumpur
0 of 1 cars booked for pickup from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to your location in Kuala Lumpur.
The Chauffeur-drive service must be booked in advance and unfortunately it’s now too late to add a Chauffeur-drive booking to your itinerary.

EK373 - BKKBKK,Bangkok to DXBDXB,Dubai
1 of 1 cars booked for dropoff to Suvarnabhumi International Airport for your flight.

EK021 - DXBDXB,Dubai to MANMAN,Manchester
1 of 1 cars booked for pickup from Manchester International Airport to your location in Manchester.
Yup, definitely an IT glitch from EK's side.

There was a brilliantly written theory posted a few pages back about why there is no CD service in KUL.
Old May 20, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: EK Plat, IHG Amb Spire
I haven't seen this mentioned but for the past month or so (6 trips to and from the DXB airport), as a Plat, I've been getting the First Class cars even when travelling in business. A couple of the drivers had said that Plats in Business get the First Class cars.
Old May 20, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
RedDxb : Have never achieved Plat (and on current projections, am unlikely to do so), but it sounds like a sensible-enough policy to me that you should get F category cars, even if only (?) at DXB where the extensive fleet enables this.

It can however sometimes come down to demand and availability, and I have on the odd occasion been given an F car when travelling J, and indeed vice-versa. Never really bothers me either way, simply because I've always regarded the CD service as simply a convenient, hassle-free means of getting to/from airport and home/hotel.
Old May 28, 2016, 8:35 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, UA Gold
Does EK Chauffeur service to JFK usually call to confirm? I am flying out of JFK at midday tomorrow and my airport pickup shows as being booked on the Emirates site but I have yet to receive a confirmation phone call.

Thanks!
Old May 28, 2016, 9:27 am
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by same0717
Does EK Chauffeur service to JFK usually call to confirm? I am flying out of JFK at midday tomorrow and my airport pickup shows as being booked on the Emirates site but I have yet to receive a confirmation phone call.

Thanks!
Yes, you should be receiving the call sometime today. If not by tonight give Boston Coach (company who handles EK CD in NY) a call, and asked to be transferred to the emirates desk.
Boston Coach Phone Number: 800-672-7676
Old May 30, 2016, 5:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
First time using the chauffeur serice. I'm currently in Taipei, Taiwan and will be flying out of here. When putting in the address for pick up, should I put in the chinese address or the english version of the chinese address?
Old May 30, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by RedDxb
I haven't seen this mentioned but for the past month or so (6 trips to and from the DXB airport), as a Plat, I've been getting the First Class cars even when travelling in business. A couple of the drivers had said that Plats in Business get the First Class cars.
I've had this getting picked up but on the way back got the J car.
Old May 30, 2016, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by bhsu21
First time using the chauffeur serice. I'm currently in Taipei, Taiwan and will be flying out of here. When putting in the address for pick up, should I put in the chinese address or the english version of the chinese address?
Whatever you feel comfortable with but I'd probably go for the English version in case the IT system throws a fit - it will get sent to the local outstation for processing anyway, and they will all be bilingual.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Whatever you feel comfortable with but I'd probably go for the English version in case the IT system throws a fit - it will get sent to the local outstation for processing anyway, and they will all be bilingual.
Thank you!
Old Jun 4, 2016, 1:32 pm

Hi. We're a family of 4 travelling from MAN. We'll all have a large bag each. Should we ask for 2 cars and ask for a people carrier when the CD provider calls to confirm, or just go with the 1 car and hope there's a big enough one available? Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by reillyp1968
Hi. We're a family of 4 travelling from MAN. We'll all have a large bag each. Should we ask for 2 cars and ask for a people carrier when the CD provider calls to confirm, or just go with the 1 car and hope there's a big enough one available? Thanks
4 people in a normal estate or saloon car is not going to be that comfortable - ask them for a Viano.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
4 people in a normal estate or saloon car is not going to be that comfortable - ask them for a Viano.
I like the viano, they are nice, blacked out windows, used for transporting boy bands around!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.