Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
At DXB, if you want to be picked up later than 3h before, just select "Dubai - Garhoud and Rashidiya", and you can choose up to 2 hours before. They never check if the actual address is further.
This said, you have to know exactly what you are doing, because you won't be able to complain if you miss the flight.

I usually select "2h00 before" from Marina, when I go straight to the gate without stopping at the lounge.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
I can confirm that BKK has a Toyota Quantum in their disposal for large groups/pax's with lots of luggage. This was when travelling in J.

Also a little update. You may remember up-thread about how i was seeking info on if EK will switch my pick up point from Johannesburg to Cape Town , which is both inside South Africa , Bidvest the contractor was more then happy to pick me up in CPT instead of JNB , it seems that EK South Africa HQ also signed off on it as well ^. Really impressed me that , especially since my pick up time was at 7am.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Flame3601
I can confirm that BKK has a Toyota Quantum in their disposal for large groups/pax's with lots of luggage. This was when travelling in J.

Also a little update. You may remember up-thread about how i was seeking info on if EK will switch my pick up point from Johannesburg to Cape Town , which is both inside South Africa , Bidvest the contractor was more then happy to pick me up in CPT instead of JNB , it seems that EK South Africa HQ also signed off on it as well ^. Really impressed me that , especially since my pick up time was at 7am.
Wow! Now that is pretty awesome! So you were flying EK JNB-DXB with a positioning flight ex CPT and they agreed to pick you up in CPT? That's amazing
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Wow! Now that is pretty awesome! So you were flying EK JNB-DXB with a positioning flight ex CPT and they agreed to pick you up in CPT? That's amazing
Yeah exactly ! Only booked ex JNB-DXB as EK762 was operating a A380 out of JNB , and kinda wanted a change to the 777 on the CPT-DXB segment so just flew BA to JNB from CPT. Booked the JNB chauffeur service as if i was departing JNB normally, bidvest called and seemed happy to do it. Bidvest agent located in JNB said let me get EK to approve and we will sort it all out , 30 mins a call back saying all good what time can we pick you up ?

Bang on time 7am, a shiny C class outside my house !
Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:35 pm

. . . . Bidvest the contractor was more then happy to pick me up in CPT instead of JNB . . . .
It's a couple of years ago now, but when I was last there it was Avis in CPT. Has Bidvest taken over the service or do they just manage things and Avis still does the lifting?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
It's a couple of years ago now, but when I was last there it was Avis in CPT. Has Bidvest taken over the service or do they just manage things and Avis still does the lifting?
As far as I know it is a 100% bidvest run operation in CPT/JNB/DUR. Never had any Avis contractor in my 10 + years flying with EK.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:03 pm

As far as I know it is a 100% bidvest run operation in CPT/JNB/DUR. Never had any Avis contractor in my 10 + years flying with EK.
Avis were mentioned as little as 4 months ago in this very thread (for JNB).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...l#post28029072
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
Avis were mentioned as little as 4 months ago in this very thread (for JNB).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...l#post28029072
I've had Avis in JNB and Bidvest in CPT. I think they probably use both.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: Skywards
How can I tell if Chauffeur drive has been booked?

Hi,

Does anyone know if booking a chauffeur drive shows on your skywards account online? ( as in the same way as your travel itinerary )
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by springtime77
Hi,

Does anyone know if booking a chauffeur drive shows on your skywards account online? ( as in the same way as your travel itinerary )
Not that that i know of ? It will say if you have booked the CD service via MMB. If in doubt call EK.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: Skywards
Thankyou.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:58 pm

If you have Skywards app, just click on the CD link and it will confirm the basic details of your CD, or whether you are yet to book it.

One thing that catches a few people out is remembering to select the country flag of your cell phone number (i.e. Union Flag for +44). It's a little obtuse and kicks up an error if you forget to click it.

Also, if you want to amend the time if the CD booking, you have to cancel and then re-book the CD
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:44 am

I had an new Audi Q7 as a pick up on the way to MAN.

Still pcs.
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by m3red
I had an new Audi Q7 as a pick up on the way to MAN.

Still pcs.
Nice car, them there big Q7's !

Can remember getting one on arrival in Sydney - though some time ago, so don't know whether they're still using them over in Oz.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:48 am

Please can you help, a few questions about chauffeur drive

Hi, our holiday has come round really fast and we leave on Monday. As mentioned in another posting this is our first time flying Business Class and its all so new to us. Please could I ask you experts a few questions?

I understand that Emirates Chauffeur drive should contact us the day before (so assuming that will be sometime on Sunday) does the chauffeur company always phone? We are a bit worried in case they don`t phone and no one turns up to collect us. (our booking does say its confirmed)

When we arrive at Bangkok, will there be someone in the arrivals hall to pick us up or do they confirm this as well by phone?

We are then due to be picked up at our Singapore hotel 18 days later, would this be confirmed the day before as we don`t tend to use our phone much whilst abroad?

Sorry if we sound a bit paranoid that we are going to be stranded at every opportunity, just want to get the right information so we understand what happens at each stage.

Another question please which doesn`t relate to the car, can you tell us where the Emirates Lounge is at Terminal 1 in Manchester?

Thank you so much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.