Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by MosquesAndKebabs
Was only half serious

How long is the walk though? I've never done this before.
Can't recall off hand between the terminals but very manageable. Not DEL or BOM type (if you don't know, that's 4-5km on public roads)
Old Nov 21, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
The situation at Singapore was a bit abysmal.

When we got to the desk after picking up our bags, my name was on the list of reservations, but the guy said that it was not confirmed. There is no record on a missed call, text message or a voice mail on my phone and we were in-flight to Dubai and then onto Singapore, so it is quite possible that a call would not have made it to my phone in the first place anyway.

In lieu, they booked us a car on the spot, but it left a bit of a bitter taste. Why isn't there an option to confirm on the website and one has to speak to the car company directly (more challenging if it's in another country)?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 8:02 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by techie
The situation at Singapore was a bit abysmal.

When we got to the desk after picking up our bags, my name was on the list of reservations, but the guy said that it was not confirmed. There is no record on a missed call, text message or a voice mail on my phone and we were in-flight to Dubai and then onto Singapore, so it is quite possible that a call would not have made it to my phone in the first place anyway.

In lieu, they booked us a car on the spot, but it left a bit of a bitter taste. Why isn't there an option to confirm on the website and one has to speak to the car company directly (more challenging if it's in another country)?
I don't think they call to confirm your CD for destination arrival. I've never had a call to confirm arrivals. Only for departures. Not that I know the absolute ins and outs but I would imagine EK would confirm with the CD company if you are on the flight or not, so would sound as if this has been a failing on the EK side.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74
I don't think they call to confirm your CD for destination arrival. I've never had a call to confirm arrivals. Only for departures. Not that I know the absolute ins and outs but I would imagine EK would confirm with the CD company if you are on the flight or not, so would sound as if this has been a failing on the EK side.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
I've had confirmations in a few countries including SIN.

In May in SIN I called the CD company (thanks to the details on the CD thread) and changed the pick up from the MO to a friends house at a random address in SIN on the afternoon of departure.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:10 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by m3red
I've had confirmations in a few countries including SIN.

In May in SIN I called the CD company (thanks to the details on the CD thread) and changed the pick up from the MO to a friends house at a random address in SIN on the afternoon of departure.

But it the Op is talking about arrival pick up.

S
Old Nov 21, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Saltire74

Safe & Happy Travels

S
First time I have had to use EK CD, so not 100% on all the details either. Anyways, although CD companies in most/all countries are effectively subcontracted by EK, I treat them as part of EK, so EK definitely dropped a ball somewhere.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Hi, just noticed that Auckland was not part of the thread and thought I'd contribute given I've just completed my itinerary. It's a Holden Caprice 2015 / 2016 model similar to what's available in Melbourne. The local service provider is Corporate Cabs based in AKL.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 3:11 pm

Flying in J

The earliest I can book a chauffeur car is 5 hours before (online). We would like to go to the airport lounge much earlier (red eye departure). Is calling EK and asking the CSR to book it manually possible or an isue?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by laurava
The earliest I can book a chauffeur car is 5 hours before (online). We would like to go to the airport lounge much earlier (red eye departure). Is calling EK and asking the CSR to book it manually possible or an isue?
They can't force it in - but they can send an email to operations to request it.

It shouldn't be a problem, but I would call DXB instead of the local offices.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 1:44 am

Update: at SYD, just received an A8L, not an A8 (J Platinum).

Was on AKL-SYD and think I was the only person who received it!
Old Nov 28, 2016, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Update: at SYD, just received an A8L, not an A8 (J Platinum).

Was on AKL-SYD and think I was the only person who received it!
Thread updated.

Thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:55 am

Some friends are travelling to Brisbane. They are within 70 miles of Manchester airport on this side, but the limit in Brisbane is 60 km.Seems a bit unfair to limit it to 60km. Their destination is 80km from the airport. How rigid is the calculation? & how much would they be charged excess if they booked it?
Old Dec 1, 2016, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Katykat
Some friends are travelling to Brisbane. They are within 70 miles of Manchester airport on this side, but the limit in Brisbane is 60 km.Seems a bit unfair to limit it to 60km. Their destination is 80km from the airport. How rigid is the calculation? & how much would they be charged excess if they booked it?
Unfair because of the distance of their destination? It's based on local costs and average distances.

Extra cost depends on the city, I don't see it mentioned here:

http://www.emirates.com/za/english/f...eur-drive.aspx
Old Dec 1, 2016, 4:43 pm

Rome-Bangkok (via Dubai). Rome pickup worked very well, confirmed by text and phone call 48 hours prior. Bangkok arrival ( booked through the web)...no confirmation other than online, and no car on arrival. I was in a rush and couldn't be bothered searching, so just took a cab. Pretty unimpressed though.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Katykat
If you think that's harsh, I wonder what you think of the fact that QF-coded, EK-operated flights do not qualify for chauffeur drive, but EK-coded ones do.

Besides, where do you stop? Not all locations are created equal. Some places it's 70km and some it's 70 miles. For excess charges, you best be contacting the company that does it on EK's behalf at Brisbane.
Originally Posted by paolo64
Rome-Bangkok (via Dubai). Rome pickup worked very well, confirmed by text and phone call 48 hours prior. Bangkok arrival ( booked through the web)...no confirmation other than online, and no car on arrival. I was in a rush and couldn't be bothered searching, so just took a cab. Pretty unimpressed though.
When you say "no car on arrival", did you go to a dedicated desk at BKK or were you expecting someone to stand with the other pax in arrivals with a clipboard/sign with your name on it?

Last edited by techie; Dec 1, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.