Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by murtaza12
1) Drop off from airport to destination in the city usually doesn't warrant a text message from the company.
As for pickup, the chauffeur company will either call or text him, and yes, not having a local number isn't an issue. As long as his roaming is enabled and he's able to receive calls/texts on that number.

2) Directly with the chauffeur company? Probably not. You can email EK for confirmation or message them on Twitter. In my experience, once I called in about chauffeur pickup in DXB and the guy emailed a copy of the chauffeur confirmation to the email address on file for the booking.

3) Drivers usually don't mind so yes, you can hop in.

4) Not really sure about that, someone else may be able to comment. Your dad's name will probably be on the sign though.

I've got the link to the Chauffeur Drive thread in my signature, first post should have a local number in Prague that you can call.
Thank you very much for the quick response!
murtaza12 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by suziemay
Seems like OP is sorted, so figured I'd post my own questions here. Booked my dad on Emirates J as a treat (KUL>DXB>PRG) but have never flown it myself and we are flying from different locations so I'm a bit of a nervous nelly at the moment.

1) If my dad's cell is not local (i.e., Malaysian cell), will he still get a phone-call/text confirmation for his Prague pick-up/drop-off?

2) Is there a way to confirm with the company via email (rather than call)? I'm nervous about things getting lost in translation over the phone

3) On the way back, would I be able to hop into the car with my dad to the airport (I'm on a different flight) or would they take issue with this? I'm actually considering just booking a car with the hotel for ~30 Euros just to avoid the coordination but seems silly to turn down a free car. But I also don't want to run into any issues with getting to the airport to catch our flights.

4)*one more question! At Arrivals, the sign they hold up will clearly be noted that they are from Emirates, right?

Thanks in advance!
The sign is usually red with an Emirates logo at the top, at least everywhere I've seen it, haven't been to PRG
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:16 am

Wanted to thank you all so much for all your help and advice before our flights.

Everything went perfectly, the four Chauffeur pick ups were great, especially the ones in the UK we had the same driver both ways and he was so lovely and we were picked up in a huge car in Singapore...felt like royalty.

The flights were amazing, loved everything about them . Well worth every penny they cost us. Would hate to travel in economy again... and will only ever want to travel on an A380 in the future

Thank you all once again you were brilliant
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
The sign is usually red with an Emirates logo at the top, at least everywhere I've seen it, haven't been to PRG
Thank you! ^

OP: Glad to hear everything worked out perfectly for you! Hoping for the same for my Dad, except he only gets the service in PRG and not in KUL
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:18 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Got a Volkswagen transporter 'bus' in CPT today.
Driver apologised and told me that the CD requirements were very hectic at the moment and they had to beg / borrow whatever cars they could get to satisfy demand. There was indeed an army of Emirates drivers in arrivals (EK770)
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Got a Volkswagen transporter 'bus' in CPT today.
Driver apologised and told me that the CD requirements were very hectic at the moment and they had to beg / borrow whatever cars they could get to satisfy demand. There was indeed an army of Emirates drivers in arrivals (EK770)
Not a luxury car but does the trick, how was the flight with your ribs? No op-up to F?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:54 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Not a luxury car but does the trick, how was the flight with your ribs? No op-up to F?
The flight was fine (got 10K which was ok). We faffed around for almost an hour and a half on the ground in DXB. They opened all the overhead bins and we all had to point out our own luggage. Caught up a bit but still 45 mins late into CPT.
The ribs are still a bit sore but getting better. Thanks for asking!
Unfortunately no op up. There was even an empty seat in J.

On the AMS/DXB leg I had 26B, which is 'the seat from hell'. Just in front of the bar (fortunately it was not a MAN flight &#128540 and the B seats feel really cramped and uncomfortable. And we parked right at the end of the airport so a reaaaaally long bus ride. Then EK 770 was parked virtually next to where we had come from 2 hours earlier. 😡 I feel I covered more mileage bussing and walking in DXB today than actually flying. So no fears for the do on Friday.....
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I usually tip the driver around 40-50 AED whenever I arrive in DXB, however considering you're flying to BKK, somebody else may be able to shed some light on what is an appropriate amount for the driver.

Have a safe flight.
Cheers
It costs 100 AED to get from the airport to the Palm 25/30 min journey. That is also including the airport start fee or 25 AED. The return is 75 AED. How far are you travelling to tip 50 AED?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
I usually tip the driver around 40-50 AED whenever I arrive in DXB, however considering you're flying to BKK, somebody else may be able to shed some light on what is an appropriate amount for the driver.

Have a safe flight.
Cheers
In Bangkok THB100 is a reasonable tip, unless you are going to Pattaya, Hua Hin etc.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:51 am

As a refugee from Etihad to Emirates does anybody know which chauffeur company Emirates use in BKK, contact number would be useful. I realise that arrival will not be an issue but would like to have their details for my BKK departure just in case. Thanks.

I believe that they use PCS at MAN so I have their number.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:32 am

Hope it goes will for your Dad, we loved it.

We flew Air Malaysia as our internal flights..wasn`t quite the same!!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by mjmal51
As a refugee from Etihad to Emirates does anybody know which chauffeur company Emirates use in BKK, contact number would be useful. I realise that arrival will not be an issue but would like to have their details for my BKK departure just in case. Thanks.

From the Wiki :-

Destination: BKK (Bangkok, Thailand)
Cabin: J (Business Class)
Vehicle(s): Mercedes Benz C-Class / Mercedes Benz E-Class / Toyota Quantum / HiAce (on request for large groups, extra baggage etc)
Cabin: F (First Class)
Vehicle(s): BMW 7 Series / Mercedes Benz E-Class / BMW 5 Series
-Reservations/Call Center: +66 2 787 3387
-Airport Office: +66 2 134 2910 12
-Mileage: 60 km from BKK
mjmal51 and murtaza12 like this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:09 am

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Originally Posted by mjmal51

I don't know the contact details but can say they called us the day before departure and turned up on time. Good service. Mercedes on arrival and BMW 7 series on departure.
mjmal51 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: Emirates - Skywards Silver
Do Emirates not supply Chauffer cars for business passengers at Hong Kong?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by Electricman
Do Emirates not supply Chauffer cars for business passengers at Hong Kong?
No, First Class only and not on BKK-HKG itineraries.

The webpage:

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...auffeur-drive/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.