Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
Love it ! That would be so funny if they really did simply 'hire' a taxi for him.

"We made sure to get your very favourite, special blend whiskey in stock for you" said the hotel head barman ...... (which we just bought round the corner from the local Aldi/Lidl ......)
Happens much more often than you might think in the hospitality business
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Some people seem to be very picky about cars it must be said - I was talking to an outstation the other day about weird pax and she recently had an F pax who absolutely point blank refused to take the Mercedes provided by the chauffeur company because "it is the same as Business class". After a lot of argument, they arranged something for him and he was extremely happy - it was a very smart Toyota Camry...(I am pretty sure they went to one of the airport taxi operators and just hired it for him!)
Luckily nobody told him that Camry is the standard DXB taxi for the lower Y classes ...
Old Oct 11, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Obviously not !

But just out of sight of the image/status conscious bloke, they did take the precaution of putting a lovely big (and very temporary !) sticker on the outside of the Camry's rear passenger door saying ............ "Emirates First Class"
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:10 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Obviously not !

But just out of sight of the image/status conscious bloke, they did take the precaution of putting a lovely big (and very temporary !) sticker on the outside of the Camry's rear passenger door saying ............ "Emirates First Class"
The cars are somewhat cringeworthy in DXB plastered with Emirates First Class all over them.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nizar
Guys if you have a confirmed chauffeur reservation are you able to call up a few days before and request a car ?

It says (on this thread) for MEL that the cars are Holden Caprice or BMW 7-series or Mercedes Viano but last time I got a Chrysler 300C and want to avoid a repeat of that.

Cheers
The number for the EK office inside the airport is given in the OP.

+61 3 8318 6600
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:03 am

1st class should not go in MPV unless they request it.

There are a few business class passengers who make it known they hate MPV. Normally they are too stupid to realise that complaining makes the chance of getting one next time too higher unless Emirates say not to which is unlikely.

Moaning to a driver is about as much use as moaning to your spouse.

Last edited by randomguy1; Oct 13, 2015 at 9:54 am
Old Oct 15, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by randomguy1
1st class should not go in MPV unless they request it.
FYI
Speaking only for me, it's always a sedan. The only times I get a Viano, is when I inform them beforehand that I have many large luggages.
The only issue with Viano is that it is made in Spain. I'd much have confidence in german engineers
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Priority Club, HHonors
MXP Hotel to airport - Mercedes S class
JFK Airport to home - Cadillac Escalade
Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Unfortunately, chauffeur drive is not available for AS reward flights or indeed any partner redemptions apart from QF, see the Terms and Conditions here, point 4:
http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...onditions.aspx
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Has anyone had any luck getting a chauffeur (perhaps mid-trip) on a reward ticket?
So I just booked an AS award flight and the CD option is showing on my manage reservations page. But from what I'm reading, any CD booking I do would be cancelled? Is that correct?
Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Governator
So I just booked an AS award flight and the CD option is showing on my manage reservations page. But from what I'm reading, any CD booking I do would be cancelled? Is that correct?
Yes - it would most likely not be honored. However, no harm in filling it in just in case it slips through the net!
Old Oct 31, 2015, 12:55 pm

I'm also tempted to book a chauffeur. I understand it'll most likely be cancelled, but can someone tell me when this cancellation usually occurs? Days after the booking? Days before flight departure?
Old Oct 31, 2015, 12:59 pm

Note that at DXB, you may also get lucky by just showing up at the chauffeur drive desk with your F BP as the cars are pretty much lining up waiting - they aren't preassigned to passengers.
Any recent success stories doing this?
Old Oct 31, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I think just after the changes were introduced (ie no CD on Alaska awards) there might have been one or two chancers who struck lucky. But the staff know the drill now. Plus, they DO key your BP details into the system of course.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
I should have gone further. It would not accept my booking, just kept giving an error. So the website shows the default options but they must flag the reservation to block it.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Any recent success stories doing this?
Be grateful for cheap f rewards. Taxis in Dubai are cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.