Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Wishlist for 2014 (Incl Route Rumours)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Wishlist for 2014 (Incl Route Rumours)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:23 am

Programs: EK Skywards, JL Mileage Bank
Dreaming the impossible dream...

If this really is a wish list...
DXB - LBA
A380 comes back to NRT
Chauffeur service at NRT
Emirates doesn't cut tier miles on most Y tickets later this year.

Back in the real world more chance of porkers aviating to LBA than EK, and the rest equally likely ... I'll just dream on.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by EK77W
Isn't there a ban of widebodies at KTM?
Originally Posted by diontd
Only because of runway cracks. It may have already been lifted. If not, then I expect it will be soon.
I know there was a ban, (or maybe still is) but TG flies 772s to KTM. Even EY used to fly 332s to KTM on their afternoon flight. KTM is one of the primary FZ feeds to EK, and once FZ moves to DWC, it may be difficult for EK and FZ to maintain their ease of transfers.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Per ch-aviation:

EK already codeshare with TP so it may not be far-fetched for LIS-GIG.

Emirates (EK, Dubai Int'l) would develop Spain into its Latin American hub should bilateral talks between the United Arab Emirates and Spain give it the opportunity to do so. Airline country general manager, Fernando Suárez de Góngora, told tourism portal Preferente that the proposal would make sense and has strong potential.

"Although there is a lot of supply, I don't believe the market has yet been saturated. While we are waiting for our respective governments to finalize the bilateral agreements, the fact of the matter is, we see very strong potential here," he said referencing the possibility of Emirates securing 5th Freedom flights.

The airline has already commenced Milan Malpensa to New York JFK services with other potential transatlantic flights said to include: Dubai Int'l to Buenos Aires Ezeiza via Madrid Barajas and Dubai to Rio de Janeiro Int'l via Lisbon.

South America is fast becoming a focal point for the Gulf region's three biggest carriers: Emirates, Etihad and Qatar Airways (QR, Doha Int'l).

Local rival Etihad Airways (EY, Abu Dhabi Int'l) has already alluded to plans to establish partnerships with South American carriers in a bid to secure a foothold on the continent. Whether this will involve the acquisition of any equity stakes is currently unknown.

Turkish Airlines (TK, Istanbul Atatürk) has already begun its search for its own South American hub with Montevideo and Santo Domingo Las Américas having been considered thus far.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 5:27 am

Programs: EK | DL | BA
A sign that ATL is next on EK's hit list???

Emirates SkyCargo to launch freighter flights to Atlanta

By Kelly Yamanouchi

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Emirates SkyCargo will launch service to Atlanta, with weekly freighter flights starting April 6, Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport officials announced Thursday.

Emirates will be the 11th cargo carrier to serve Atlanta.

The service on Boeing 777 cargo aircraft between Atlanta and Dubai is expected to generate $6 million in economic impact annually in metro Atlanta, airport officials said. Cargo flights strengthen trade and help create jobs throughout the region, according to the Metro Atlanta Chamber.

http://www.ajc.com/news/business/emi...ts-to-a/nfMd8/
Old Mar 28, 2014, 9:03 am

Anyone have ideas of CANADA / UAE are going to have further talks on expansion of rights? Wife starting new job and will take her to Dubai from YYZ one week every month starting in September.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 1:04 pm

Wink LOL

Originally Posted by Face81
A sign that ATL is next on EK's hit list???

Emirates SkyCargo to launch freighter flights to Atlanta

By Kelly Yamanouchi

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Emirates SkyCargo will launch service to Atlanta, with weekly freighter flights starting April 6, Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport officials announced Thursday.

Emirates will be the 11th cargo carrier to serve Atlanta.

The service on Boeing 777 cargo aircraft between Atlanta and Dubai is expected to generate $6 million in economic impact annually in metro Atlanta, airport officials said. Cargo flights strengthen trade and help create jobs throughout the region, according to the Metro Atlanta Chamber.

http://www.ajc.com/news/business/emi...ts-to-a/nfMd8/
LMAO! That's doesn't mean anything. Emirates SkyCargo (Operated by Atlas Air) has been serving MIA for years. Yet no PAX service to MIA.

Just because they launch cargo services to ATL doesn't mean PAX will be launched too.

Last edited by Patriots; Mar 28, 2014 at 1:10 pm
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Wallace99
Anyone have ideas of CANADA / UAE are going to have further talks on expansion of rights? Wife starting new job and will take her to Dubai from YYZ one week every month starting in September.
No news yet. Lucky her getting to become a super-commuter!
Old Mar 28, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I wish EK would start JVI-DXB with an A380 ... eh maybe EWR works too.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:36 pm

Folks on airliners.net say DFW will get an EK A380. As an announcement is to be set soon If true, Emirates will have an available 777-200LR. I guess this might give MIA the green light.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Patriots
Folks on airliners.net say DFW will get an EK A380. As an announcement is to be set soon If true, Emirates will have an available 777-200LR. I guess this might give MIA the green light.
MIA will need at least 1.5 77Ls in the rotation.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by NOIR
MIA will need at least 1.5 77Ls in the rotation.
Are you implying DFWDXB (a longer route) needs less frames than MIADXB?

A 77L off DFWDXB means EK will have the additional 77L frames to add an ULH rotation to Miami, Atlanta, Sydney or wherever else it would like.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:52 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Are you implying DFWDXB (a longer route) needs less frames than MIADXB?

A 77L off DFWDXB means EK will have the additional 77L frames to add an ULH rotation to Miami, Atlanta, Sydney or wherever else it would like.
I guess he was just responding to the statement below. Read that as "available 777-200LR frames to switch from DFW to MIA".

Originally Posted by Patriots
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by MAH4546
A 77L off DFWDXB means EK will have the additional 77L frames to add an ULH rotation
... or not, as EK has been known to also deploy ULH equipment on routes where it does not really need the range.

If EK wanted to start an additional ULH route with 77L equipment, I would not need to wait for that equipment to come off the DFW route. It could just take it off the SEZ, LYS or HND routes.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:21 am

Was referring to the 77L DFW airframe. I don't think a single 77L is enough for a MIA service a lone.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by NOIR
Was referring to the 77L DFW airframe. I don't think a single 77L is enough for a MIA service a lone.
Of course, and neither for DFW. That's what the OP implied that the airframes servicing DFW can now service MIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.