Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Wishlist for 2014 (Incl Route Rumours)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Wishlist for 2014 (Incl Route Rumours)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:21 am

AMS + GVA will switch from B77L to B77W from 01AUG > B77L goes to ORD
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by YYCspotter
EK is rumoured to be getting more landing slots in Canada this year. Announcement around August apparently. If true I would expect to see YYC and YVR - DXB in early 2015.
YYCDXB isn't going to happen. It is posturing by EK. The market is so insanely small, it's not even funny. More people travel between Montreal and the Middle East in a month than do all of Alberta and the Middle East in a year, and no amount of "oil traffic" is going to fix it.

I will caveat that by saying it would possibly happen if the bilateral talks result in an agreement essentially forcing it (e.g. You can add daily service to YYZ if you fly to YYC 3w or you can have 14 frequencies, but three must be used to YYC).

Last edited by MAH4546; Feb 24, 2014 at 11:45 am
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:36 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Patriots
Emirates has announced ORD starting August 5th. Using a 777-200LR. This route is daily.

EK235 DXB0945 – 1525ORD 77L D
EK236 ORD2035 – 1910+1DXB 77L D
Excellent news as far as I am concerned. May even get me back on board - am very curious as to what the fares ex USA (and ex ORD) will be to APAC.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 1:29 pm

Congrats to ORD. If it was a no brainier. But, I know for a fact that Miami is the next US destination for EK. Some many mentions.

Thierry Antinori, chief commercial officer said "The step after that will be to open new destinations between US and Dubai,” he added. The cities haven’t been decided, but Chicago, Boston and Miami are possible, he said. (He was talking about Milan and New York)

“It’s entirely possible that the likes of Boston, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Detroit and Denver will be on Emirates’ radar,” he added.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by eightblack
Excellent news as far as I am concerned. May even get me back on board - am very curious as to what the fares ex USA (and ex ORD) will be to APAC.
Great news! (about ORD, not about eightblack being back on EK-- just kidding!!)
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:01 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JTXC
..not about eightblack being back on EK-- just kidding!!)
He will be as soon as DEN is announced...
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jackiedada
not currently in plan
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:11 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
You may be right. It's funny how our travel patterns change. I spent most of last year wearing out the seat cushions on UA and AA between the US and Europe/Australia and I have to say, both airlines treated me like a real frequent flier.

Ok, so the frills weren't the same. But I had wifi on a lot of the flights, the AA lounges were better than average, Bose headphones on AA in J, more than decent IFE on UA, lie flats between the US and Australia, and more importantly, consistent recognition (even if it was automated). I was also able to redeem 14 system wide upgrades (8 on AA and 6 on UA) and with AA, was able to access the F lounges network wide. Even priority bag tagging is working consistently here in the US.

To be honest, I cant fault the service I received. Sure I miss ICE, I miss the 380 and I miss the frequent op up, but to be truthful with you all, a lot of it was like a lottery. You never knew what you were going to get until the day of travel. At least with the US carriers, there is a system in place for upgrades, and that system is transparent.

Are UA and AA even close to EK? Not by a long shot. But they both have stood the test of time with me at least. I've been with UA since 1996 and with AA only recently (3+ years) and that was because they went out of their way to status match me. As a result, I flew 250K BIS miles between both airlines in 2013.

When EK announce DEN and when they start rolling out of ORD, I may consider them. But a semi flat seat on a 777-200ER compared with a UA787 to Melbourne from LA or a new AA 777-300ER out of DFW to Europe, well, I might need to be well liquored up on Tanqueray and tonic before I considered it. As many might well speculate, it may all boil down to the dollars and sense.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by JTXC
Great news! (about ORD, not about eightblack being back on EK-- just kidding!!)
Lol!

Right, he will be there. He won't know for sure. He won't tell you about new USA routes. LAS & PHX soon to be announced.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:40 am

Programs: EK | DL | BA
Interesting nuggest of information from Tim in this WSJ article....

Mr. Clark said Emirates is also eyeing more flights from Dubai to North and South America that stop to pick up passengers and cargo at European airports.

Mr. Clark said the airline had been approached by airport officials in Germany, Spain, the U.K., Sweden and Denmark about the possibility of launching flights from there to third countries modeled on the Milan-New York route.

"There's been a great deal of interest [in these services]," he said, though he noted they weren't part of Emirates' core business model of funneling flights through Dubai.

Airlines for America, which has opposed such routes, said it would leave U.S. regulators to review any future applications from Emirates "as appropriate".
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...840542404.html
Old Mar 15, 2014, 11:58 am

I would not be surprised if EK launched KTM. FZ has been doing really well on their multiple daily flights to KTM, and I am aware that this is a market that provides a lot of interline connections to EK flights.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 12:39 pm

Isn't there a ban of widebodies at KTM?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:28 pm

Location: London, England, UK, Europe, The World, The Universe
Originally Posted by EK77W
Isn't there a ban of widebodies at KTM?
Only because of runway cracks. It may have already been lifted. If not, then I expect it will be soon.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Originally Posted by Face81
Interesting nuggest of information from Tim in this WSJ article....

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...840542404.html
Don't various open skies agreements allow EK to serve US 1-stop via Europe? We know it has been done via Germany and Italy so far.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: EK | DL | BA
Originally Posted by adambisi
Don't various open skies agreements allow EK to serve US 1-stop via Europe? We know it has been done via Germany and Italy so far.
I was referring to the declaration of interest from Denmark, Spain and Sweden for EK to offer trans Atlantic flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.