Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Wishlist for 2014 (Incl Route Rumours)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:21 am

Maputo on the radar

"We're looking at Mozambique," said Clark.
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/emira...ts-566880.html
Old Oct 7, 2014, 4:50 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
I've heared last week that EK is planning a DXB-EZE-SCL-EZE-DXB route. Similar to what GIG has now with EZE. But the EZE-DXB would be non-stop.
Can anyone confirm if this is true or just vague information?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG

Would love Gaborone to be able to cut out going via Joburg.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
Expansion to Europe has been good this year with BRU, OSL, BUD, KBP, ... But still some cities to be exploited I think: HEL, baltics (TLL, RIX, VNO). I would have said a second destination in Ukraine but seen the situation there...
In the Americas I'm guessing MEX or some carribean islands? Hawai as mentioned of course.
Is EK already flying to KIN? Should be good business as well.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by gorbatzjov
Expansion to Europe has been good this year with BRU, OSL, BUD, KBP, ... But still some cities to be exploited I think: HEL, baltics (TLL, RIX, VNO). I would have said a second destination in Ukraine but seen the situation there...
In the Americas I'm guessing MEX or some carribean islands? Hawai as mentioned of course.
Is EK already flying to KIN? Should be good business as well.
KBP only lasted a few months. EK announced quite quickly after launching the route that they would stop in August because of lack of business then stopped a couple of weeks before that using MH370 as an excuse. Fly Dubai and Air Arabia still serve it though.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Expand the North of LA and Central America (PTY,BOG,MEX,CCS, etc) via LIS, In fact just create a mini-hub in LIS, expand the codeshares with TP to help feed it, and get TAAG in the mix for good measure.
LIS to go 6x daily, 5 of those for the 5th freedom + OPO daily to start
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:10 am

UAE airlines hope to fly to more destinations in Germany

UAE aviation authorities plan to ask their German counterparts to allow the emirate’s airlines to fly to more destinations there.

This follows a German request last month that the two countries review their air services agreement.

Saif Al Suwaidi, director general of the General Civil Aviation Authority in the UAE, said the desire is twofold: to add destinations in Germany for UAE-originated flights, and to add destinations in third countries via Germany for UAE-originated flights.

The latter are what is known as “fifth freedom” flights, in which an airline is allowed to fly to two foreign countries on a route that originates on its home soil. An example would be Dubai-Frankfurt-Copenhagen.

Regarding new destinations, Mr Al Suwaidi said Berlin is the “most important” city to add to UAE carriers’ itineraries.

Currently, UAE carriers fly to German cities including Duesseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Munich.

In October, airberlin said that German authorities refused to give permission for 34 codeshare flights with Etihad this winter, which the two airlines have challenged.

“I think commercial competition is behind this request from the German side to review the air service agreement,” said Mr Al Suwaidi. “We are talking with the German side to at least approve this schedule [between Etihad and airberlin].”

He also said that he thinks that the Germans want to review the “fair competition clause” of the air services agreement.

“We don’t mind doing that. We think that our operators were fairly competing with their operators,” said Mr Al Suwaidi.

However, he suggested that there is no point for the UAE to discuss fair competition with Germany alone, since it is already discussing the topic with the European Union.

In March, we will be discussing “the fair competition clause” between the GCC and EU. This clause will be applicable for individual states such as the UAE and Germany, he said.

Mr Al Suwaidi said the UAE wants to add more frequencies in Italy and France.
http://www.thenational.ae/business/a...ons-in-germany
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:30 am

I would be very surprised if Germany were to actually agree to expand the BASA to grant EK and EY more access. I rather expect the German side to be pushing for the opposite.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
Third daily flight for BHX?

Yes-I know there are always rumours on extra flights from UK airports but the chatter this time seems more based on fact than wishful thinking.
http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airpo...m-6-a-132.html
90%+ load factor and mostly full cargo loads on the twice daily flights could be the encouragement for a third daily flight. There is probably also a demand for a 3 class aircraft, with some locals currently travelling to MAN/LHR.
One of their 3 class A330's would fit the bill but I doubt there are any left on European routes.
SS
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:24 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

Probably change one of the 2 class 777s to a 3 class, and move the 2 class to a morning departure. I doubt they'd introduce an A330 onto an existing route (with the poor J class).

So, 3x777 flights per day initially.

Then maybe an A380 in the future (is the runway extension complete yet?).
Old Dec 10, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Probably change one of the 2 class 777s to a 3 class, and move the 2 class to a morning departure. I doubt they'd introduce an A330 onto an existing route (with the poor J class).

So, 3x777 flights per day initially.

Then maybe an A380 in the future (is the runway extension complete yet?).
I'm sure they'll go 3 x 77w before putting a 380 on like MAN
Old Dec 10, 2014, 6:38 am

I think they are in the process of retiring the A330s anyway - all the new A380s are ULH ones and we all know where they are being sent...
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
(is the runway extension complete yet?)
Yep, finished a few months age.
A380 as a substitute would not fit the cargo needs so 3x777 with one of them 3 class seems a good option.
Ss
Old Dec 31, 2014, 11:29 am

2015 thread?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Patriots
2015 thread?
Did you look?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...e-rumours.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.