Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Wishlist for 2014 (Incl Route Rumours)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Wishlist for 2014 (Incl Route Rumours)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:42 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by w00t
A bird whispered me IAH will switch to A380.
that'd be welcomed news!
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:34 pm

Unhappy

A bird whispered me IAH will switch to A380.
What about SFO, does anybody know? There have been a lot of rumours the flight is popular and that the A380 will be deployed there but so far nothing.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:37 pm

http://www.emirates247.com/news/gove...04-20-1.546302

Is that a sign of future route to Mexico?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:36 am

Programs: EK Platinum
Originally Posted by planespotterek
What about SFO, does anybody know? There have been a lot of rumours the flight is popular and that the A380 will be deployed there but so far nothing.
Yes, big bird is coming to SFO as well. It's official but not public yet.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:53 am

Yes, big bird is coming to SFO as well. It's official but not public yet.
When that will be officially announced and when is that service due to start?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:04 am

When that will be officially announced and when is that service due to start?
I've heard the second quarter of this year in a particular summer month, but nothing has materialized yet.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: EK | DL | BA
http://www.emirates247.com/news/gove...04-20-1.546302

Is that a sign of future route to Mexico?
Almost certainly, particularly with the language being used. I suspect it'll be a tag team flight, possibly even with somewhere like Miami!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by ZRHMD11
I guess following destinations will be added soon:

Ankara, Baku, Almaty, Surabaya, Denpasar, Medan, Nagoya, Chengdu, Rangoon, Mashaad, Helsinki, Brussels, Oslo, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, Malabo, Abuja, Pt.Harcourt, Maputo and Kinshasa.......
Hi, maputo will be Ek next routes??? Thanks for ant info
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by mseedat
Hi, maputo will be Ek next routes??? Thanks for ant info
Emirates is starting Chicago on August 1st.

For the US, I'm assuming next would be EWR or MIA

Emirates will start Budapest on October 27
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Patriots
Emirates is starting Chicago on August 1st.
Minor correction, its 5th Aug.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:04 pm

Tim Clark suggesting a 3rd daily to GLA may not be far away...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile...-gulf.24838790
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:26 pm

I really think EK is waiting to enter more US/Canadian/L. American markets once they get fifth freedom rights in Europe. Markets like DEN, YYC, and PHL, arguably even MIA probably don't have a large market that can sustain an 8000+ mile flight to DXB. Living near DEN I'd love to see a EK Dubai non-stop but that's highly unlikely. I can't see how it'd be sustainable. But routes to other destinations in Europe from these markets would be easily sustained, and I think that's what they're waiting for.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by jk88usa
I really think EK is waiting to enter more US/Canadian/L. American markets once they get fifth freedom rights in Europe. Markets like DEN, YYC, and PHL, arguably even MIA probably don't have a large market that can sustain an 8000+ mile flight to DXB. Living near DEN I'd love to see a EK Dubai non-stop but that's highly unlikely. I can't see how it'd be sustainable. But routes to other destinations in Europe from these markets would be easily sustained, and I think that's what they're waiting for.
EK already have fifth freedom rights from several EU nations including the UK and Spain. It's a matter of when, not if
Old Jul 25, 2014, 12:27 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by jk88usa
PHL and MIA sustain flights to DOH (albeit relatively new). No reason they can't sustain DXB non-stop. Europe stops are not necessary.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by MAH4546
PHL and MIA sustain flights to DOH (albeit relatively new). No reason they can't sustain DXB non-stop. Europe stops are not necessary.
Yea but I see it differently at PHL and MIA for QR than EK. QR and AA/US can offer codeshares and connections to the DOH flights where EK wouldn't be able to do that at all in PHL or MIA or in most other "smaller market" potential cities because they codeshare with much smaller airlines.

I'm not saying it can't work, but two large middle east airlines knocking on smaller markets makes me wonder if it'd really work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.