Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai Connect / STPC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2016, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Normally it's the Le Meridien Dubai. Right opposite the airport.
I just traveled F Class LAX to SAW with a whopping 22 hour layover in DXB. I received vouchers for Le Meridien at LAX. This was my 3rd time at Le Meridien, the other two were while traveling in Business Class. Maybe a coincidence, but the actual room assigned was the nicest of the 3. It was ground floor level, with a little sitting area outside the sliding glass door.

The other 2 rooms were nice but were 2 floor level.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by ukdave0
I just traveled F Class LAX to SAW with a whopping 22 hour layover in DXB. I received vouchers for Le Meridien at LAX. This was my 3rd time at Le Meridien, the other two were while traveling in Business Class. Maybe a coincidence, but the actual room assigned was the nicest of the 3. It was ground floor level, with a little sitting area outside the sliding glass door.

The other 2 rooms were nice but were 2 floor level.
We're u in the royal section of Le meridien or the emirates section? I found the Emirates section to be tired and in need of updating.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
Hi All, Flying next sunday BDL-IAD-DXB-BAH on a ticket my company booked for me. Apparently its Dubai Connect eligible. I'm flying in Y and half 8h 20m layover at DXB. Where do I pick up the voucher? I'm guessing it has to be at IAD can I do it at the gate or do I have to go out to the ticket counter? Also do they tell you how long to allow to get back to the airport? Any recent updates as to what hotel they are using for Y? Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2016, 3:33 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by patriots68
Hi All, Flying next sunday BDL-IAD-DXB-BAH on a ticket my company booked for me. Apparently its Dubai Connect eligible. I'm flying in Y and half 8h 20m layover at DXB. Where do I pick up the voucher? I'm guessing it has to be at IAD can I do it at the gate or do I have to go out to the ticket counter? Also do they tell you how long to allow to get back to the airport? Any recent updates as to what hotel they are using for Y? Thanks
Without checking, I doubt vey much there is a DXB-BAH connection that is eligible for Dubai Connect.

If it was, then I'd ask at the IAD ticket desk. Failing that, then at DXB when you arrive.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 3:16 am

Has anyone used Dubai connect when flying first? I did NOT like the old wing of the le meridien that they put me in when I flew business. If they do that again I think I will just enjoy the first class lounge in Dubai. Any advice?
Old Mar 13, 2016, 4:30 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Has anyone used Dubai connect when flying first? I did NOT like the old wing of the le meridien that they put me in when I flew business. If they do that again I think I will just enjoy the first class lounge in Dubai. Any advice?
What exactly are you expecting? The Le Meridien is perfectly reasonable, if a little old. The rooms are clean, you get a proper bed, and you get dinner/breakfast. You also have the option of numerous bars/restaurants in the area.

There have been repots of EK using other hotels (JW Marriott Marquis), but I think this is only when the Le Meridien is full. The JW is also about 30 minutes drive from the airport.

How long is your stopover?
Old Mar 13, 2016, 5:00 am

My stopover is 8.5 hours....

The le Meridien is old and smells so strongly of smoke that it turned me off. Yes I like the fact that there is a decent bed but am thinking that the sleeping areas in the F lounge are just as nice?

I guess its the smoke smell that turned me off and the fact that the Emirates wing was separate from the rest of the hotel, the ceiling were low and stank of smoke....the room didn't just the hallways....
Old Mar 13, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: Skywards
I like the fact that there is a decent bed but am thinking that the sleeping areas in the F lounge are just as nice?
you kidding, right?
Old Mar 13, 2016, 6:17 am

Yes I like the fact that there is a decent bed but am thinking that the sleeping areas in the F lounge are just as nice?
HA HA HA

I would recommend getting the STPC hotel and if it's intolerable, move to another room in the property, or return to the airport for the airport hotel and ask EK for a goodwill gesture towards the costs.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
My stopover is 8.5 hours....

The le Meridien is old and smells so strongly of smoke that it turned me off. Yes I like the fact that there is a decent bed but am thinking that the sleeping areas in the F lounge are just as nice?

I guess its the smoke smell that turned me off and the fact that the Emirates wing was separate from the rest of the hotel, the ceiling were low and stank of smoke....the room didn't just the hallways....
It was probably a bad luck.
I am very sensitive to smoke smell since I quit heavy smoking 20 years ago.
Meridien rooms were fine. Did you ask to change for a non-smoking room ?
Old Mar 13, 2016, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by ioto1902
It was probably a bad luck.
I am very sensitive to smoke smell since I quit heavy smoking 20 years ago.
Meridien rooms were fine. Did you ask to change for a non-smoking room ?
I did request a non smoking room, and it was...but the hallways etc had that smoke smell....if you know what I mean. I booked it we will see I guess I will get the same Emirates wing room but if it's better than the lounge then it makes sense.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 5:26 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
I did request a non smoking room, and it was...but the hallways etc had that smoke smell....if you know what I mean. I booked it we will see I guess I will get the same Emirates wing room but if it's better than the lounge then it makes sense.
Yes, I know what you mean.

Having a room for yourself and lying on a couch in a public lounge are not the same thing.
The other big difference is that the lounge has no pool ... yet
Old May 8, 2016, 6:56 pm

Dubai connect

I will be flying with Emirates for the first time in a few months. I will be flying from the US to Maldives and on the way home we have a 12 1/2 hour layover. I spoke to someone at Emirates and they said I do qualify for a hotel and we are booked at Capthorne. I have a couple of questions on how this works.

Where do I check in a Dubai airport to get to tell hotel? Is there a desk to go to?

I was told since I'm a US citizen that I don't need to apply for a Visa. Do I just go through immigration and will i get some type of visa paperwork?

We plan on going to the hotel and drop our bags and go do a 4 hour city tour. After the tour we plan on going back to the hotel and take a nap for a while before our long flight
Home. Is it a problem that we leave the hotel for a tour? Does the hotel care that we are not in the room for part of our layover?
Old May 8, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
In the arrivals hall, before immigration, on the far right hand side, you will find the Dubai Connect desk (you cant miss it, its huge). They will issue you a voucher and give you details about how to get to the hotel etc.

As a US citizen you do not need a visa. Your passport will simply be stamped and you will be waived through as a tourist.

When you check in to the hotel, youre free to do whatever you want for the duration of your stay, you're effectively treated as a normal tourist/guest as in any other city.
Old May 8, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Just to add to what modularmayhem has said; they may give you the coupons when you check-in for the flight at the airport in MLE in which case you just go straight to immigration, walk through baggage claim area and exit to the arrivals area and follow the signs to transit hotel (millenium copthorne). The desk agent should let you know when the shuttle arrives which will take you straight to the hotel. The hotel will tell you what time they expect you to check out by so factor that in to your city tour and nap timing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.