Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai Connect / STPC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by kq747
In August I flew VCE-DXB-NBO and was offered and booked Dubai Connect even though we elected to use the afternoon flight to NBO as opposed to the morning flight i.e. we opted for a 17 hour layover vs an 11 hour layover so we could sleep properly and not have to wake up and hurry back to DXB even though the morning flight was available at booking (plus we saved $100 per ticket). As per the rules this technically should not happen but I'm not complaining
Well the shortest connection would also have been eligible, so that may have factored in... Either way EK has to give you STPC, they may have said f*** it, let them enjoy a few extra hours in the city...
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:42 am

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus
I have a 7 hr 45 min layover on a Wednesday. From 2:05pm to 9:50pm.

I am in Economy (Y).

Are there any freebies for such long transit for Y such as meals , transportation?

Any Emirates shuttles that take us around or should i just hire a taxi and go around?

According to advice in another thread, best to be back around 8:30?

Are these Emirates Stopover plans any good for such a layover?
http://www.emirates.com/english/dest...-stopover.aspx
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by saneman
Are there any freebies for such long transit for Y such as meals , transportation?
You get a meal voucher for a transit >4hrs but they can be difficult to find. I've not had one in a while but I believe the connections desk can provide them or there is (used to be at least) a counter at gate A24 or A25.

Stopover package seems like a waste considering you'd get about 4.5 hours of actual time to sleep at most. For less you can buy lounge access which for that length of layover I think is more suitable.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:03 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You get a meal voucher for a transit >4hrs but they can be difficult to find. I've not had one in a while but I believe the connections desk can provide them or there is (used to be at least) a counter at gate A24 or A25.

Stopover package seems like a waste considering you'd get about 4.5 hours of actual time to sleep at most. For less you can buy lounge access which for that length of layover I think is more suitable.
the meal voucher are now printed at check-in with the BP
Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by kuroko
the meal voucher are now printed at check-in with the BP
Ah, that's a much better system! It's been over 2 years since I had one, though surprised they now openly give them out, it used to always be a bit of a secret that you had to specifically know to search for
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:36 pm

STPC?

I have a trip coming up with Emirates flying business class that has a 9 hour overnight layover. I got the trip with awards miles. Do you know if Emirates offer STPC for awards ticket or only for revenue ticket only? Thank you for your help.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by asiantraveler
I have a trip coming up with Emirates flying business class that has a 9 hour overnight layover. I got the trip with awards miles. Do you know if Emirates offer STPC for awards ticket or only for revenue ticket only? Thank you for your help.
What is the routing? It depends if this is the fastest connection, also, is it an EK reward or from another partner?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:55 am

What is the routing? It depends if this is the fastest connection, also, is it an EK reward or from another partner?
It's ek 383 HKG - DXB 9 hrs overnight layover then ek 225 DXB - SFO. Partner award from AS miles. I don't think there's any faster connection to SFO.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:46 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver
It's ek 383 HKG - DXB 9 hrs overnight layover then ek 225 DXB - SFO. Partner award from AS miles. I don't think there's any faster connection to SFO.
There most definitely is
Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:06 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Unfortunately not as per the new rules, as you have a better connection EK381 which arrives into DXB at 5:35 am which gives a connection time of around 4 hours to EK225.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by jackiedada
Unfortunately not as per the new rules, as you have a better connection EK381 which arrives into DXB at 5:35 am which gives a connection time of around 4 hours to EK225.
anyway not possible on an AS reward ticket

I thought 'AS reward' would trigger an alarm on m3red's mobile but I guess he at the Bubbalicious
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
anyway not possible on an AS reward ticket
Oh yes, missed that....
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:37 pm

Thank you. So I need to find a hotel or sleep at the airport.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:49 pm

Does anyone know what hotel Emirates will put me in using Dubai connect? I am flying business.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:04 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Does anyone know what hotel Emirates will put me in using Dubai connect? I am flying business.
Usually the Le Meridien Dubai. Right opposite the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.