Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Nov 16, 2012, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: murtaza12

Full EK Fleet details link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...jaJsL6h_SKCB04 (with thanks to murtaza12)

Current fleet numbers:

A380 - 119 total
  • 28 equipped with Premium Economy. Retrofit to other frames in progress.
  • Typically, between 85 and 90 aircraft are in service at any given time.
B77W - 123 total
  • Premium Economy retrofit programme expected to start in Q2-Q3 2024.
B77L - 10 total
  • 9 aircraft in service. 1 stored at DWC due to lease/ownership issue.

A380 Retirements (2024):
None

B77W Retirements (2024):
None
Print Wikipost

The Emirates Fleet Guide

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2020, 10:27 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Brostman
And I am assuming that EK will not take delivery of any new 77W's any time soon, which would mean that the new F class suites will only be found within the existing 77W fleet that has the suites. And I am guessing ORD would not be a likely candidate for one of the new F suites planes... but like you said no way of predicting.

I would relish the chance to fly an EK A380, and I think my connecting through DXB either coming or going to Asia (SIN or HKG or PEK) are my best chances for an A380.... would you agree ORD likely won't get an A380 (even after the expansion at ORD, which should yield the necessary gate space for an A380)

I realize it is all speculation at this point... but I know many others here at FT are much more attuned these matters, so I appreciate informed speculation, even though it is only speculation.
EK has taken delivery of all their 77W on order as of 2018. The next 777 delivery will be the 777-9 if and when that happens. But they will have the new F.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 12:31 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Brostman
And I am assuming that EK will not take delivery of any new 77W's any time soon, which would mean that the new F class suites will only be found within the existing 77W fleet that has the suites. And I am guessing ORD would not be a likely candidate for one of the new F suites planes... but like you said no way of predicting.

I would relish the chance to fly an EK A380, and I think my connecting through DXB either coming or going to Asia (SIN or HKG or PEK) are my best chances for an A380.... would you agree ORD likely won't get an A380 (even after the expansion at ORD, which should yield the necessary gate space for an A380)

I realize it is all speculation at this point... but I know many others here at FT are much more attuned these matters, so I appreciate informed speculation, even though it is only speculation.
EK will get no more new 77W’s at all, the order has been completed. When the 777X arrives (uncertain when, especially now), they’ll have new F.

SIN, HKG and PEK all used to be A380 routes (although not 100% A380 if I remember correctly). I can’t speculate on ORD, unfortunately. I understand that currently JFK is operated with new F.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by thijsseh
EK will get no more new 77W’s at all, the order has been completed. When the 777X arrives (uncertain when, especially now), they’ll have new F.

SIN, HKG and PEK all used to be A380 routes (although not 100% A380 if I remember correctly). I can’t speculate on ORD, unfortunately. I understand that currently JFK is operated with new F.

Are we sure the new 777Xs will have F seats at all?

It's my understanding that the new 787s and A350s (if they ever arrive!) will not have F suites at all, and perhaps this new trend will find its way into the 777X as well. Tim Clark made the statement some months ago (see below for URL to his statement in ET). This is a very sad development and is a game changer for me.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...my-first-class
Old Sep 17, 2020, 12:03 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by BadoRas
Are we sure the new 777Xs will have F seats at all?

It's my understanding that the new 787s and A350s (if they ever arrive!) will not have F suites at all, and perhaps this new trend will find its way into the 777X as well. Tim Clark made the statement some months ago (see below for URL to his statement in ET). This is a very sad development and is a game changer for me.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...my-first-class
Sure? No!
But I think that on certain ‘premium’ routes the demand for F will be high and the ‘supply’ from other airlines limited enough to make it viable for EK to keep something which has definitely set them apart for many years.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 8:08 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum, BA Bronze, And EK silver
77W

Hi there

does anyone know the aircraft registration of the relatively new 77W with the updated business class cabin that is similar to the 77L, but not the game changer first class suits?

trying to figure out what’s flying to North America!!
Old Sep 17, 2020, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by den3aah
Hi there

does anyone know the aircraft registration of the relatively new 77W with the updated business class cabin that is similar to the 77L, but not the game changer first class suits?

A6-EPV onwards has the new J seat and A6-EQH on the new first suites. Surprisingly (to me anyway) these new J seats are almost 4 years old.
den3aah likes this.

Last edited by ft101; Sep 17, 2020 at 10:07 pm
Old Sep 17, 2020, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by den3aah
Hi there

From my monitoring the last few weeks, every destination is getting the new J regularly except BOS. JFK is getting new F (and J).
den3aah likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 6:54 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum, BA Bronze, And EK silver
Thanks guys! That's super helpful!

Cheers
Old Sep 20, 2020, 10:07 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Sure? No!
But I think that on certain ‘premium’ routes the demand for F will be high and the ‘supply’ from other airlines limited enough to make it viable for EK to keep something which has definitely set them apart for many years.

That's exactly what I'm hoping too.

East coast Australia is a heavy user of Emirates F and I'm hoping that they will continue to serve those cities with F-J-Y A380s for a while yet. At least until I'm routinely dribbling the soup down my pyjamas (not Emirates ones) in the nursing home!
thijsseh likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 1:46 am

Fleet updates (A380):

No changes have been made to A380 operations except for YYZ being switched to B777. The same thirteen aircraft are rotating between LHR, CDG, CAI, CAN and the most recently added destination, DME.

Some A380 aircraft have been ferried back from DWC storage to DXB, these are mostly A6-EOx and A6-EUx aircraft. These aircraft are not returning to service. I saw A6-EOR and A6-EUE in mid-September parked at Concourse A with their engine covers re-installed as they would be at DWC.

A6-EOR can be seen here.

Fleet updates (B777):

September was a great month for the -200LR fleet. The four remaining aircraft, A6-EWC, A6-EWE, A6-EWD and A6-EWG returned from DWC and returned to service.

Many of the A6-EGx series are having heavy maintenance checks around this time, and are out of service. A6-EGN was pulled out of service on 27th August, and returned to service this morning.

Boeing 777-31HER (A6-EBR) which was damaged in April 2020 after a collision with British Airways Airbus A350-1000 (G-XWBA) was parked at Concourse C for many months, it was towed to the Engineering Hangar on 13th August for maintenance and replacement of the horizontal stabilizer. It is expected to return to service soon and will retire next August, after it's 15 year lease expires.

Retirements (B777):

Boeing 777-36NER (A6-EBC) which was pulled out of service in February and unfortunately did not make the cut for Air Atlanta Icelandic, has been ferried to Spain for long-term storage by GECAS with it's new (temporary) registration, OE-IHY.

Boeing 777-36NER (A6-EBE) which was retired just a month after EBC has also been taken over by GECAS and assigned temporary registration, OE-ILS.
DYKWIA, thijsseh, ZRHMD11 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
Originally Posted by ZRHMD11
A380 A6-EDB seems to be the first A380 to leave Emirates fleet....she is in all white livery outside EK maintenance area in DXB.
She was scheduled to leave in September anyway, but Covid-19 changed everything.
Originally Posted by ngfan
Sad news indeed. Have fond memories of this bird. Had my first A380 flight ever on it during EK's second ever A380 rotation flight from DXB to SYD two days after inaugural in early Feb 2009. Departure in DXB was delayed for three hrs after front steering broke down while taxiing to the active. Was towed back into stand, no deplaning while waiting for the fix. Didn't bother, as being in First Class, more time to down another bottle of Dom in the meantime in 3A . My first ever shower experience on FL360 during landfall over Australia. Bliss.
A6-EDB flew into early retirement to its nursing home at Tarbes last Tuesday: A6-EDB retirement flight as EK 2689 on FR24
Old Oct 30, 2020, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Any idea which US routes are operating with new J in November?

Is LAX really operating with angle flats?

​​​​​

​​​​​
Old Oct 31, 2020, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Any idea which US routes are operating with new J in November?

Is LAX really operating with angle flats?
​​​​​
It's been new J seats (lie flat) on a regular basis for LAX. Most routes get new J aside from BOS of late
Old Oct 31, 2020, 3:15 am

Fleet updates (B777):

At the time of writing this post, 7 out of 130 B77Ws are not operating.
A6-EBU, A6-ECL, A6-ECM, A6-ECX, A6-ENE, A6-ENW and A6-EPN.

All -200LRs are operating.

Boeing 777-31HER (A6-EGZ) had its passenger evacuation slide deployed from the L4 door at HKG on 2nd October, however this did not delay the flight and it returned to DXB on time.

Boeing 777-31HER (A6-EBR) finally returned to service on 5th October after having its horizontal stabilizer damaged in April 2020 by a taxiing British Airways A35K.

While not relevant to the passenger fleet, Boeing 777-F1H (A6-EFF) encountered a technical issue while performing a cargo flight from KWI - DXB on 27th September. It returned to DXB on the 1st of October at an altitude of ~9,000 ft and was towed straight to Engineering. It has not been active since.

Retirement (B777):

Boeing 777-36NER (A6-EBE) was ferried to CQM in Spain in all white livery with its new GECAS registration, OE-ILS.

Boeing 777-36NER (A6-EBG) has completed EOL maintenance at DXB and is also in all white livery with GECAS registration, OE-ILT. It will be ferried to CQM in November.

The other GECAS leased frames due to retire this month seem to have been extended, A6-EBI and A6-EBJ are still flying. However, the Wiki says A6-ECL is due to retire in December, and it hasn't flown since 3rd October so this frame could be on a 12 year lease as opposed to 15 year leases like most other GECAS frames. All speculation at this point however. I'm not sure whether it's out for maintenance, or it's EOL.

Retirement (A380):

I'm sure nobody wanted to hear this, and it has already been posted in this thread, but the first A380 to be retired, A6-EDB was parked in all white livery outside Engineering for months and on 27th October it was ferried to LDE. It is unclear at this time whether it's going for scrap or long-term storage.
Saltire74 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 6:21 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kq747
It's been new J seats (lie flat) on a regular basis for LAX. Most routes get new J aside from BOS of late
Thank you for the info. The seat maps show 2-3-2 for LAX in November. Is this just an error?

Want to make sure I don't get 16hrs of angle flats before transferring amex points
​​​​
​​​

​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.