Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 First Class Seating

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by QRC3288
thanks, I just did that. Indeed 1A is open. I just switched. So it seems like some of the seats are indeed blocked not necessarily occupied.

The complaints I've read above for 1A - perhaps slightly more cramped, missing a window - don't bother me. I really just want quiet.
I have been in 4K a couple of times. Didn't feel it was any noisier than rows 2/3. Besides easy to reach the galley if you need anyting and first one to get off the flight. I would probably take row 4 over row 1 but then I sleep quite OK on flights. See if you can get 2A as they block it for UM.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by jackiedada
I have been in 4K a couple of times. Didn't feel it was any noisier than rows 2/3. Besides easy to reach the galley if you need anyting and first one to get off the flight. I would probably take row 4 over row 1 but then I sleep quite OK on flights. See if you can get 2A as they block it for UM.
Thank you. I've only ever sat in windows row 2-3 on the A380, and the middles. Is there any way row 1 A/K less private/louder than 4A/K? I'm really just concerned with any potential noise and privacy. Don't mind the rest.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:48 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Thank you. I've only ever sat in windows row 2-3 on the A380, and the middles. Is there any way row 1 A/K less private/louder than 4A/K? I'm really just concerned with any potential noise and privacy. Don't mind the rest.
In row 4, you would potentially have 'galley noise' and the 'traffic' of FA's walking to the front to serve the 6 passengers that could sit in front of you. The toilet behind 3K is not used a lot as most people seem to use the front bathrooms (even if not showering).
In row 1, you would have the traffic of the passengers going to said bathrooms, plus to the 'bar' area at the top of the stairs (which I have never seen to be used as a bar). From 1A/K (assuming the door is open), you can see that area (although it is usually blocked by a curtain).

Disclaimer: I have only been in row 2/3 (and usually fly J and not F ) so have no practical experience with either.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by jackiedada
I have to say that the one time I was forced to take 4K, the galley noise was significant. There is the occasional really loud thump as things are thrown into the lockers directly behind the seat, and I was woken up twice by that. I always go for 2A or 2K - never had an issue with them. 3A and 3K are also good. I would suggest avoiding row 4 if possible.

Last edited by BadoRas; Apr 24, 2019 at 6:56 am
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
thanks, I just did that. Indeed 1A is open. I just switched. So it seems like some of the seats are indeed blocked not necessarily occupied.

The complaints I've read above for 1A - perhaps slightly more cramped, missing a window - don't bother me. I really just want quiet.
👍

1A and 2A tend to get blocked for possible UMs.

I would always choose 2 or 3 A/K over 1A/K - but of those options you have at the moment, 1A will definitely be the most private and quiet one.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by XXTSGR
(...)
1A and 2A tend to get blocked for possible UMs.
(...)
Why would they do that ?
It's easier to supervise if UM are seated close to the galley. No ?
And 1A/K are closer to the stairs. It may be dangerous.
Or, is it because 1A/K are smaller than the others ?

Sorry for the first world (class) questions ...
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:54 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by ioto1902
Why would they do that ?
It's easier to supervise if UM are seated close to the galley. No ?
And 1A/K are closer to the stairs. It may be dangerous.
Or, is it because 1A/K are smaller than the others ?

Sorry for the first world (class) questions ...
I can tell you one thing: if I were the parent of a UM, he / she would not fly F! That’s a privilege that has to be earned the hard way.....
Apart from that (very personal) remark: who has ever seen a UM in F? Or even in J? I’m sure it happens, but when some time ago I called and asked to be seated in a ‘UM reserved’ seat in J, I was quite happy to take the chance to be moved if a UM actually showed up. That did not happen. For the record, it was 9 A/B on a 77W.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh

I can tell you one thing: if I were the parent of a UM, he / she would not fly F! That’s a privilege that has to be earned the hard way.....
Apart from that (very personal) remark: who has ever seen a UM in F? Or even in J? I’m sure it happens, but when some time ago I called and asked to be seated in a ‘UM reserved’ seat in J, I was quite happy to take the chance to be moved if a UM actually showed up. That did not happen. For the record, it was 9 A/B on a 77W.
I've been a UM in J (Not in EK)
thijsseh likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 4:16 am

There have been a couple of articles online and on social lately about celebrity parents flying in F/J and putting their kids in Y.
Most of the comments related to cabin crew being forced to act as guardians while parents enjoy champagne and Caviar up in F
Old Jun 16, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
I can only compare 2A and 1K.

With 1K I found the missing window a bit of a shame, and I was irritated by the traffic through the curtain of people going to the toilets. It felt far less private than 2A - taking into account earlier comments about noise I think that I would prefer a seat in row 4 over row 1.

It really doesn’t get more first-world than this
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by dsched
There have been a couple of articles online and on social lately about celebrity parents flying in F/J and putting their kids in Y.
Most of the comments related to cabin crew being forced to act as guardians while parents enjoy champagne and Caviar up in F
I prefer having them in Y.
Inevitably, they get bored in F without apreciating the comfort.
Several months ago, a family of 4 was travelling. Guess what ? The two sisters (probably around 5 or 6) ended up in the same suite playing dolls.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:08 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I've been a UM in J (Not in EK)
Long before the ‘19K routine’ started......
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh

Long before the ‘19K routine’ started......
More like 43A on an SAA A346
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Several months ago, a family of 4 was travelling. Guess what ? The two sisters (probably around 5 or 6) ended up in the same suite playing dolls.
To me, that seems a perfect solution. They're close enough for the parents to parent them, and not dump that responsibility off on cabin crew. Playing dolls also means that they're not running around screaming. How could one possibly improve on that scenario?

When I was a lad, my parents always believed that the children should be with them. That meant, of course, that we were taught and expected to observe the same behavioral norms that they did, ate at the same restaurants, etc. I really liked it and thought that it was a sound approach.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Thanks for the replies. I stuck with 1A for the flight I was asking about, and will (hopefully remember to) report back in a week after I fly. I've got 3 A380 flights in the next few weeks so should have plenty of time to ponder such highly-important things.... My other two flights are 2K.

Curious if the curtains are more annoying than the potential for a little noise in the back. I figure I'll be flying a decent amount of EK going forward so may as well scope it out.

(​​​​​a litle OT, but each ex-HKG flight I've taken the 77W for the first sector, and I must admit I prefer that bird to the A380. I don't use the bar at the back of the A380 and the shower is lovely but not something I need every flight. Just on certain ones. The 77W seems to have a higher ceiling and suite walls. I've sat I row 2 each time on that plane. I'm not sure if this preference for 77W over A380 F is a popular opinion or not around these parts)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.