Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 First Class Seating

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
If the plane doesn't have a CRC then either 1A or 1K usually, if the plane has a CRC then none
Do they ever block out middle seats? It always seems like middle seats are blocked out.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by S.R

No ottoman in EK F, and no way for 2 people to dine in the same suite. The E/F seats are your best best for being close to someone else, having a conversation etc. I don’t think 3E/F or 1E/F are that bad either.
I forgot youre right. I am thinking of Etihad’s F suite.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

Do they ever block out middle seats? It always seems like middle seats are blocked out.
Not that I've seen. They block seats for UMs (usually windows) and for pilot rest in which case they only sell 7 F seats to begin with
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Middles seats are not blocked.
Maybe, they were already chosen on each of your flights by couples.

Personnally, I prefer two window seats rather than two middle seats, as, window seats are larger (except 1A/K), and, you are not really seated next to each other anyway.
Last time, we flew A/E, as access is much easier.
But if you need to see each other, then E/F is mandatory.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by ioto1902

Personnally, I prefer two window seats rather than two middle seats, as, window seats are larger (except 1A/K), and, you are not really seated next to each other anyway.
Just strange because on one of my A380 F lights all the middle seats were taken and were in row 2.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by ioto1902

Perhaps you can talk to Mrs. QRC for me. What I "prefer" and what I end up with are two different things when traveling with her...I *guess* I could choose the window-side singles, but I'm afraid I may finish the flight in search of a new spouse if I go this route....

Just strange because on one of my A380 F lights all the middle seats were taken and were in row 2.

I'm not an EK expert, but this is my experience too. On my last flight last week, all middle seats were unable to select a day before the flight (I didn't want them anyway) and only 4K was available. Rows 2-4 middles all un-selectable on the seat map. 2 and 3E/F looked occupied, while 4E/F were green color and un-selectable, whatever that means (block?). I thought wow we have a full flight or at least 11/14 with just 3 open (4E, F, K). Got onboard, only 2 out of the 6 middle seats were occupied (2F and 3E), and the cabin was 8/14.

Last edited by QRC3288; Jul 8, 2018 at 4:53 am
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by QRC3288
I'm not an EK expert, but this is my experience too. On my last flight last week, all middle seats were unable to select a day before the flight (I didn't want them anyway) and only 4K was available. Rows 2-4 middles all un-selectable on the seat map. 2 and 3E/F looked occupied, while 4E/F were green color and un-selectable, whatever that means (block?). I thought wow we have a full flight or at least 11/14 with just 3 open (4E, F, K). Got onboard, only 2 out of the 6 middle seats were occupied (2F and 3E), and the cabin was 8/14.
Yeah, I think it has something to do with babies and the bassinet being in the middle. Not sure why. But I asked them that question and that was the response I got.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:51 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK

Yeah, I think it has something to do with babies and the bassinet being in the middle. Not sure why. But I asked them that question and that was the response I got.
That was the response I also got once. But they then happily opened up an E/F pair for me.
Lesson I learned a few times (ans also in J): if the seat you want appears to be blocked (white cross on blue background in Expert Flyer), just call and ask for it. Does not work every time, but in my experience more often than not.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:22 am

Programs: QFF Silver/ OW Sapphire
Am flying DXB-MEL on Saturday and am currently in 4A... The only other window is 4K

It's either row 4 or rows 2-4 in one of the middle seats - what are everyone's thoughts? Watching the review videos 4A / 4K looks very close to galley so feeling unsure about that... Am travelling alone.

TIA
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:32 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by tristar8
Am flying DXB-MEL on Saturday and am currently in 4A... The only other window is 4K

It's either row 4 or rows 2-4 in one of the middle seats - what are everyone's thoughts? Watching the review videos 4A / 4K looks very close to galley so feeling unsure about that... Am travelling alone.

TIA
Ear plugs and eyeshades for when you want to sleep and a nice window view for when you’re awake. I don’t think I would forego a window seat if those were the only ones available. Would possibly go for a Centre if it was only 1A or K available.

S
Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
I will take a window seat over a middle seat anyday.
I find the middle suites a bit claustrophobic during the day but fine at night .

There is a reason why they have put virtual windows on their latest F
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:46 am

Middle seat further forward. There's nothing to see out the window most of the time anyway.
ukdoctor likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Not that I've seen. They block seats for UMs (usually windows) and for pilot rest in which case they only sell 7 F seats to begin with
2/E/F are blocked on my flight back from MRU as they were earlier this year. Its a codeshare with air Mauritius so think that's why they do it.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:19 pm
-DSH-

Programs: BDDC Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, EK Plat
I read through this thread and 1A/1K are typically not recommended as the suite feels more cramped - but is this because of the lack of storage space or is the seat itself different? I can deal with the lack of storage space, as I can always ask the crew to stow my bag once I recline to bed. Is the seat/bed itself shorter than other suites? I'm tall so this to me matters most.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by 777-9X
I read through this thread and 1A/1K are typically not recommended as the suite feels more cramped - but is this because of the lack of storage space or is the seat itself different? I can deal with the lack of storage space, as I can always ask the crew to stow my bag once I recline to bed. Is the seat/bed itself shorter than other suites? I'm tall so this to me matters most.
The seat is the same. The cramped feel is due to the curvature of the plane body as it starts to narrow down, mostly noticed overhead IIRC but probably impinging slightly on storage space too.
NWplatinum likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.