Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 First Class Seating

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
The seat is the same. The cramped feel is due to the curvature of the plane body as it starts to narrow down, mostly noticed overhead IIRC but probably impinging slightly on storage space too.
I once sat in 1A and didn’t really feel any difference, but now I steer clear of it because of everyone’s advice.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, LH Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Priority Pass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by 777-9X
I read through this thread and 1A/1K are typically not recommended as the suite feels more cramped - but is this because of the lack of storage space or is the seat itself different? I can deal with the lack of storage space, as I can always ask the crew to stow my bag once I recline to bed. Is the seat/bed itself shorter than other suites? I'm tall so this to me matters most.
I'm 6'7" and have had no problems sleeping in 1A/1K, but for some reason, I just like the other rows better
Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:54 am

It should also be noted that 1A/K face the curtains to the lounging are and toilets, so they are more exposed to people going to - and especially returning from - the toilets.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
1A is marginally worse than 4A/K
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
On the other hand, any lingering doubts or concerns that one might have pre-booked the ‘wrong’ seat will evaporate completely if - once boarded - you are promptly informed by the visiting Purser that the entirety of the F cabin is at your disposal, and hence you may sit wherever you wish

Not a regular occurrence, admittedly ; but that’s precisely what happened to me last Friday evening when I flew EK in F for the relatively short trans-Tasman A380 leg CHC-SYD.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:19 pm
-DSH-

Programs: BDDC Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, EK Plat
Thank you, everyone!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 6:55 am

Hmm I quite enjoy 4A and 4K because they feel semi-isolated, and as a result, quite private.
I never noticed any issues with those seats.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:56 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Quite frankly I never found any problems with any of the F class seats!
Tanzguy and MarshyM like this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I think the row 4 is too far back for me, as the galley is there and row 1 is too close to the toilets. I prefer row 2.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: JAL JMB SAPPHIRE;Etihad guest Platinum; Hilton HHonors Diamond; IHG Platinum elite
Is there any variation of the first class seat on A380 ?
As I can see from the photo that the type of the touch panels are different some time .
Flat type and also the old slightly rounded type.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by karlwang87
Is there any variation of the first class seat on A380 ?
As I can see from the photo that the type of the touch panels are different some time .
Flat type and also the old slightly rounded type.
It depends on how old the aeroplane is. Unfortunately, the actual aeroplane used for your flight is only determined less than 24 hours before, and can still be changed much later than that for operational reasons. So on most routes there's no way of planning your flight based on aeroplane variant. Best to check via an app like Flightradar24 very close to your departure time. At least that will tell you what you will be on. The registration number of the aeroplane is the way you determine its age.

With the Emirates A380, there are basically 3 generations of ICE hardware, and for F cabins they are installed as follows;

A6-EDA to A6-EEE have the old system (1st generation ) F fitout with 23" screen and "rounded edges" type of touch panel.

A6-EEF to A6-EOO have 2nd generation F fitout with 27" screen.

A6-EOT to A6-EOW, A6-EOZ to A6-EUM, A6-EUR to A6-EUW and A6-EVB to A6-EVL (??? )have 3rd generation F fitout with 32" screen. Not sure if all units A6-EVB and later have F cabins, hence the question marks.

With the rest of the F cabin (seat, storage, lighting etc.), there isn't a lot of difference between any of the existing A380s.
PlaneSpeaking likes this.

Last edited by BadoRas; Jun 1, 2019 at 8:52 am
Old May 30, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by chanp
I think the row 4 is too far back for me, as the galley is there and row 1 is too close to the toilets. I prefer row 2.
I agree, that's always my preference too.
chanp likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by BadoRas
Definitely!
Old Jun 1, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by chanp
Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Definitely!
If you don't mind a slightly smaller suite at the feet and second window missing, I think Row 1 is a good choice. IME you aren't bothered much, if at all by the pax entering the shower / bathrooms due to the suite walls and positioning of the curtains.

I definitely prefer Row 1 to Row 4, put it that way. Overall I agree Row 2 is the best but I think Row 1 is underrated. If you aren't on a "maximize first class" flight, I would recommend Row 1 to anyone who is a regular in F, due to the relative quiet. Row 4 really can get noisy, I now have 3 flights back there and must admit I was disturbed in all 3.

The biggest "downside" to Row 1 on A388 is not having a second window and a slightly reduced suite width, especially at feet, which is less of an issue (ironically) if you pay for F and are don't mind all the cosmetic imperfections. Row 1 is really quiet which I value highly, moreso that a bit more width and an extra window.

Of course, I will choose Rows 2-3 if available, and/or middle seats if Mrs. QRC is accompanying me. I see some passengers get away with two window suites flying with the wife / husband. Suffice to say, Mrs. QRC is not cool with that at all. Middle seats when traveling together or I get hell. No damn clue what she is thinking......😂
Old Jun 2, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
With the Emirates A380, there are basically 3 generations of ICE hardware, and for F cabins they are installed as follows;

A6-EDA to A6-EEE have the old system (1st generation ) F fitout with 23" screen and "rounded edges" type of touch panel.

A6-EEF to A6-EOO have 2nd generation F fitout with 27" screen.

A6-EOT to A6-EOW, A6-EOZ to A6-EUM, A6-EUR to A6-EUW and A6-EVB to A6-EVL (??? )have 3rd generation F fitout with 32" screen. Not sure if all units A6-EVB and later have F cabins, hence the question marks.

With the rest of the F cabin (seat, storage, lighting etc.), there isn't a lot of difference between any of the existing A380s.
Which type does EK normally use on ULH routes such as to North America? I am hoping for a newer version for my flight next week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.