Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 First Class Seating

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: Platinum : Amex | Gold : EK Bonvoy Carlson Hilton
I've sat on 4K & 1K and the difference is minimal... I couldn't complain, I was oped-up
Old Dec 7, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
Originally Posted by danblar
Out of curiosity, how many people here have brought another person into the shower? After all, there is a stated 2 person max limit - so I assumed it's encouraged
LOL. Where there is a will there will always be a way & this is true at least in this case & I can vouch for it personally & am sure that there are many others too.

Although depends on the length & timing of the flight along with the the occupancy in the F cabin & obviously u can not take it for granted. Its there to be taken but take nicely & gently & always pretend that this did not happen

Let us know then
Old Dec 7, 2013, 7:49 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Thanh Viet
I've sat on 4K & 1K and the difference is minimal... I couldn't complain, I was oped-up
One should never complain after an op up.

So to clarify:

1A had 2 windows instead of 3 or 1 window instead of 2?

Does the narrow fuselage impact on your space that you use, such as the seat or is it just the cabin narrowing?

My questions relate to EK407 which I imagine most people sleep when they board. I'm going to sleep for the second half of the flight and want to make sure there's no light disturbing me from the curtain. I imagine there's not that much noise from the bar?
Old Dec 7, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Does the narrow fuselage impact on your space that you use, such as the seat or is it just the cabin narrowing?
Not its not very significant, mainly perceptual.
I imagine there's not that much noise from the bar?
The F bar is typically deserted, except for crew chatting occassionally there.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 9:58 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Thanks. How many windows does 1A have? How many does 2A have?
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:58 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
2A definitely has 3. My guess is that 1A has 2 - not sure as never have taken row 1 on A380 F.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 12:24 am

Thanks. I think I'll stick with 1A. With a 22:25 departure I figure everyone will be asleep.

My main concern is noise and light pollution but you've convinced me not to worry!

Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 1:21 am

Thanks. I think I'll stick with 1A. With a 22:25 departure I figure everyone will be asleep.

My main concern is noise and light pollution but you've convinced me not to worry!

Thanks.
Get the doors closed, get the eye shades and earplugs deployed. Bliss. I know, I did it to KUL on Saturday.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 1:32 am

Thanks gents. For other pax's use I took some screenshots from the Google Maps of the A380 at http://www.emirates.com/au/english/f...ates_a380.aspx

This shows 3A with 3windows:

This is 1A with only 2 windows and the narrowing fuselage (mainly at head height)

Old Dec 9, 2013, 5:23 am

Programs: Platinum : Amex | Gold : EK Bonvoy Carlson Hilton
The difference between 1K and 4K was that next to the screen on 4K the gap from the round baffle to the fuselage is obstructed with a spacer and in 1K there's no spacer. You might also loose a bit for your luggage storage at the bottom.

As previously mentioned, earplugs & googles, door closed and you won't be bothered by the FA nor the passengers.
Old May 12, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
F on the 380 travelling with the missus

1EF or 2EF ???

Would have taken 2K if I was alone.
Old May 12, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: EK Blue :-( BAEC
1 E/F was fine for us, looked exactly the same as 2 E/F. Closer to showers and toilet and 1st class bar area but the foot traffic was minimal and not noticeable with the suite being 'roomy'. Maybe I was too busy drinking Dom
Old May 12, 2014, 11:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I recommend going behind to the J bar and hang out for a bit ........ It's lively there and fun. The F bar is a dud........ it's more like a shelf with drinks.
Old May 13, 2014, 12:16 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by safari_7
I recommend going behind to the J bar and hang out for a bit ........ It's lively there and fun. The F bar is a dud........ it's more like a shelf with drinks.
I've never seen anyone there.
Old May 13, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by safari_7
Nice drinks mind Never seen the point of the F 'bar' - beside the toilets and an ill -judged pace backwards and you fall down the stairs..

If you go to the J bar they will bring the posh drinks to you if you ask

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.