EK sponsored Visa for DXB.Query???

Old Jan 17, 12, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
EK sponsored Visa for DXB.Query???

I'm coming over to DXB in late june with my Mom and dad via EK. I have never been outside DXB airport before(though i have transited via DXB at least 50 times)

My passport is British, so I dont think I will have any issues for a visa on arrival in DXB. In fact i am planning to apply for egate access on my skywards gold card(if egate stiil works!! I have seen conflicting posts on the web about egate access being denied for non gulf residents even if you are on a visa on arrival /visa free type of passport)

I am planning ahead on what to do for my mom and dad. They are both on Indian passports. They are coming to DXB with me from the UK and will be going to India with me after 4 days in DXB. All travel is with EK via DXB.

I am planning to book a hotel for them and of course myself for our holiday in DXB and I am totally confused about what I should be doing!!!. I have posted a thread in the Travelling section of the FT forum !!!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middl...hotel-one.html

I am planning to book hotel rooms in my name for a 4 day break in DXB.Will this be okay with EK??( if I am going to ask Ek to sponsor their visa)!!! or do I have to get my parents to book hotel rooms in DXB themselves. All 3 of us are travelling on different itineraries!!!

I tried contacting Ek several times and each agent had a different answer. I though i'll check if someone had a similar experience.
Old Jan 17, 12, 3:52 pm

The online visa application system simply asks for the name of a hotel, but this is not noted on the visa itself or in the UAE immigration computers.

Nothing to worry about at all. I frequently travel where blocks of 3-4 rooms are all booked in a single name and never once had UAE immigration even care beyond asking "which hotel you stay in?" at the control desk.
Old Jan 18, 12, 12:39 am

Programs: EY Plat, EK Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ukdoctor View Post
In fact i am planning to apply for egate access on my skywards gold card(if egate stiil works!! I have seen conflicting posts on the web about egate access being denied for non gulf residents even if you are on a visa on arrival /visa free type of passport)
A college of mine tried to get egate access added to his gold card and was a non-resident and was told it was not possible . Only residents can apply for egate.

He travels UK - Australia frequently but only recently has had a need to exit at Dubai - to meet with me!
Old Jan 18, 12, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by dubaiblue View Post
A college of mine tried to get egate access added to his gold card and was a non-resident and was told it was not possible . Only residents can apply for egate.

He travels UK - Australia frequently but only recently has had a need to exit at Dubai - to meet with me!
There is conflicting info on the Internet regarding this. Some people have got it and some have been refused. I'll try anyway.
Old Jan 18, 12, 2:02 am

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum; SPG Platinum
Hotel bookings are irrelevant while applying for a UAE visa thru EK.
Since all 3 will be on different itineraries, you will have to have 2 different applications (your parents' PNR). The visa should be issued in a couple of days.
I've done his multiple times.

Search this Thread