FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK sponsored Visa for DXB.Query???
View Single Post
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:10 pm
ukdoctor

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
EK sponsored Visa for DXB.Query???

I'm coming over to DXB in late june with my Mom and dad via EK. I have never been outside DXB airport before(though i have transited via DXB at least 50 times)

My passport is British, so I dont think I will have any issues for a visa on arrival in DXB. In fact i am planning to apply for egate access on my skywards gold card(if egate stiil works!! I have seen conflicting posts on the web about egate access being denied for non gulf residents even if you are on a visa on arrival /visa free type of passport)

I am planning ahead on what to do for my mom and dad. They are both on Indian passports. They are coming to DXB with me from the UK and will be going to India with me after 4 days in DXB. All travel is with EK via DXB.

I am planning to book a hotel for them and of course myself for our holiday in DXB and I am totally confused about what I should be doing!!!. I have posted a thread in the Travelling section of the FT forum !!!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/middl...hotel-one.html

I am planning to book hotel rooms in my name for a 4 day break in DXB.Will this be okay with EK??( if I am going to ask Ek to sponsor their visa)!!! or do I have to get my parents to book hotel rooms in DXB themselves. All 3 of us are travelling on different itineraries!!!

I tried contacting Ek several times and each agent had a different answer. I though i'll check if someone had a similar experience.