Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your Skywards Questions Answered

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:00 am

Hi

Can someone please tel me, im new with the skywards card. I wil be flying from CAPTE TOWN TO NEW YORK. Must I show my skywards card at check in or will it be on the system? And Booked a flight and my brother and i are going to europe so I added my skywards number to his booking? So I will earn extra miles from his flight? Can i do that?

Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:14 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Carel1992
Hi

Can someone please tel me, im new with the skywards card. I wil be flying from CAPTE TOWN TO NEW YORK. Must I show my skywards card at check in or will it be on the system? And Booked a flight and my brother and i are going to europe so I added my skywards number to his booking? So I will earn extra miles from his flight? Can i do that?

Thanks
If your skywards number was entered during the booking process(assuming that you bought the ticket directly from the Emirates website) , it should be on the system. You can confirm this on the e-ticket and at check in at the airport your skywards number will be on the boarding pass.

In case you don't know how to get your e ticket( for tickets booked by agents/ other online websites)

1. Go to emirates website >>>> manage booking
2. Enter your surname and booking reference
3. Click on the section which says e ticket.

In case your skywards number is not there you can add it and update your details in the manage your booking section.

You are not allowed to use your skywards number to anyone else's booking. Since you are travelling together it would not work anyway.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:31 am

Okay thanks!

But how do I remove the skywards number from my brothers bookin? I tried to go on manage booking but In can not remove it , i can just change the number?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Carel1992
But how do I remove the skywards number from my brothers bookin? I tried to go on manage booking but In can not remove it , i can just change the number?
Enrol him in Skywards via "Refer a Friend". That way you'll get a referral bonus when he first travels.

Once you have his number, enter it through Manage A Booking.
Old May 11, 2014, 7:03 am

Upgrade on a reward ticket

I am taking a reward ticket, business class, no first currently available. Is it possible to still use miles to upgrade flight class with a reward ticket, if the upgrade becomes available?

Thanks
Old May 11, 2014, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by hopkins1
I am taking a reward ticket, business class, no first currently available. Is it possible to still use miles to upgrade flight class with a reward ticket, if the upgrade becomes available?

Thanks
Do you have any status with emirates?
Old May 11, 2014, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Do you have any status with emirates?
Yep, Currently silver?
Old May 12, 2014, 2:23 pm

Yep, Currently silver?
I had booked a saver reward for mrsukdoctor ( was a companion fare offer booked in the same category as a saver reward, I had to buy a flex J ticket and had to pay only the taxes and fees for mrsukdoctor)

Managed to upgrade it to F using miles just now.

The reason I asked for your status is that since you are silver you can speak to the purser and try an on board upgrade as a last resort (if you are not able to upgrade before)
Old May 12, 2014, 3:53 pm

Can I ask how close to your flight date you are? I have a companion offer, but am opting on this occasion to use miles for a reward fare for myself and wife.
Old May 12, 2014, 3:53 pm

Can I ask how close to your flight date you are? I have a companion offer, but am opting on this occasion to use miles for a reward fare for myself and wife.
Old May 12, 2014, 5:16 pm

Its a few months away. When are you flying?
Old May 13, 2014, 1:14 pm

Its a few months away. When are you flying?
Not till October
Old May 14, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: EK Gold, QF
The reason I asked for your status is that since you are silver you can speak to the purser and try an on board upgrade as a last resort (if you are not able to upgrade before)
I might be wrong, but I think only Gold and Platinum can upgrade on board and not a feature a silver member can.

Also I have found any staff member can do so.
Old May 14, 2014, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by mushez
I might be wrong, but I think only Gold and Platinum can upgrade on board and not a feature a silver member can.

Also I have found any staff member can do so.

You are wrong. Silver and above can do an on board upgrade. You can ask any staff member but I have always noticed that they have to speak to their senior.

The exact wording is as follows

'Instant upgrades available at check-in for all members and on board for Silver, Gold and Platinum members'

http://www.emirates.com/english/Skyw...ing-miles.aspx
Old May 20, 2014, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I want to upgrade my brother through my miles. He is flying this afternoon and I won't be with him. He is on a group fare so Emirates told me to get his booking split so only he is on his PNR and then I would get the option via MMB to upgrade.

Did that but still can't see upgrade online and now Emirates are saying that this is only possible at check-in. I won't be with him so how would that work?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.