Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your Skywards Questions Answered

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:09 pm
m27

Originally Posted by jackiedada
Depends on how the flight is doing - if there is unsold inventory, then typically D inventory availability starts to come through 3-4 days before the actual flight. A lot of the time people have had D inventory open up just 24 hours before the flight. If the J cabin is relatively unsold, you should be in good shape. I wouldn't pay much attention to current EF availability though as you are several months away from your flight...
thanks for the quick and helpful reply
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:07 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, SPG Platinum
Hello,
is it possible to book 2 pax on the same pnr, but one is travelling in J and one in Y?

Thank you
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by lamalta
Hello,
is it possible to book 2 pax on the same pnr, but one is travelling in J and one in Y?

Thank you
I don't think so.

You could book separately and then join the PNR

Does it really matter? I've split bookings with my wife where we both wanted to upgrade using our own skywards points...
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:19 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Was reading about 'on the day' upgrades that you don't get the chauffeur cars to and from airport.

Managed to upgrade my booking Econ to business last night (well, within 24 hours of next flight) but am able to choose a car to pick me up here in Dubai? It's all booked and confirmed.

Only thing I can't see is an option to book a car once I get to BHX later today, would I be able to get one there when I get off?

I thought it would either be an all or nothing process, not just half.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 12:15 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by RichL
Only thing I can't see is an option to book a car once I get to BHX later today, would I be able to get one there when I get off?
Call the UK call center - they may be able to help
Old Sep 22, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by m3red
I don't think so.

You could book separately and then join the PNR

Does it really matter? I've split bookings with my wife where we both wanted to upgrade using our own skywards points...
I always join the PNR when travelling with mrsukdoctor. This is so that If I get op'd up she also would get op'd up.

If I get op'd up to J and if she has to stay in J then I'll be in trouble .
Old Sep 22, 2013, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by m3red
I've split bookings with my wife where we both wanted to upgrade using our own skywards points...
Do you have to split the booking to each upgrade using your own miles? Can't the person who doesn't have the booking against their name just go to MMB, put in the lead passengers surname and the booking reference, and then upgrade themselves? Like you do if you are upgrading someone else on a booking you aren't on.

I've never needed to do the former, but I would have thought that would have been possible. Interested to know if it isn't though.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 3:06 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by LE4603
Do you have to split the booking to each upgrade using your own miles? Can't the person who doesn't have the booking against their name just go to MMB, put in the lead passengers surname and the booking reference, and then upgrade themselves? Like you do if you are upgrading someone else on a booking you aren't on.

I've never needed to do the former, but I would have thought that would have been possible. Interested to know if it isn't though.
You have to upgrade everyone on a pnr if you want to do it online. Otherwise the only option is to call EK and they can do it manually
Old Sep 23, 2013, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
You have to upgrade everyone on a pnr if you want to do it online. Otherwise the only option is to call EK and they can do it manually
Ah ok, that's good to know, Cheers
Old Sep 23, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Greetings all from a first-time poster !

Have been lurking on the forum for some weeks, and have found it to be very useful, both by way of general interest and also as a veritable mine of information on various specifics. There are - without doubt - some impressively knowledgeable & experienced flyers here ..... !

Am looking for clarification please on Skywards mileage entitlement when using Arabian Airpass flights.

On making some initial enquiries re the airpass a little while ago, I was told by the EK call centre (in MAN) that such flights are definitely eligible for miles. However, when making a subsequent call on a different topic, I happened to be routed to the DXB contact centre and so took the opportunity to double-check. "No, sorry, Airpass flights do NOT accrue miles I'm afraid" is what I was told (firmly albeit very courteously, I have to say...)

So ..... I'm confused - not least because I feel sure I have read somewhere within the small print T&C's for Skywards membership that all EK coded flights - "including special fares" - are eligible for miles.

I plan to make use of the Airpass to fly DXB-AMM-DXB, as part of a much bigger trip from LGW-CHC and back to LGW. Will most likely book the AMM sectors in J class, whilst for all the long haul sectors (already booked & ticketed) I have shelled out hard-earned cash on F class throughout, as a little treat for myself.

In a former life I spent a few years living & working in the Gulf, based Bahrain. My job necessitated frequent travel (mainly to Africa, Asia and meetings at HQ in London) and and hence spent many, many hours on GF - as well as on several other carriers, including EK. However, this upcoming trip (November) will be my first experience of EK for quite some time. I am mostly encouraged by the comments I read here, although having 'known' the airline right from its birth I also get the impression that perhaps not all the changes have been for the better .........

Last edited by subject2load; Sep 23, 2013 at 9:09 am Reason: omission
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
Am looking for clarification please on Skywards mileage entitlement when using Arabian Airpass flights.
Welcome to the EK forum.

The Arabian Airpass program has now expired, although when in existence I'm sure it did offer mileage accrual.

See here for information on the UK site:

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/d...scover_me.aspx
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:27 am

Thanks for your welcome to the forum and response to my query.

If, as you say, mileage accrual does (did ...?) apply to Arabian Airpass sectors, then that's what I was hoping to hear.

Re the Airpass itself ..... I do believe it is in fact alive & well, given that :

1. The support centre in MAN was ready & willing to book flights for me DXB-AMM-DXB at the special Airpass rate (the only reason I did not go ahead was because I was unsure of the exact dates for my Jordan visit at that point)

2. There is what appears to be a live link on the EK site re Airpass here, and within the T&C's it refers to the "the final date for issuance of the Airpass" as March 31st 2014
http://www.emirates.com/english/offe...082976_1082598

Any further thoughts/clarification welcome.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:40 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by subject2load
Thanks for your welcome to the forum and response to my query.

If, as you say, mileage accrual does (did ...?) apply to Arabian Airpass sectors, then that's what I was hoping to hear.

Re the Airpass itself ..... I do believe it is in fact alive & well, given that :

1. The support centre in MAN was ready & willing to book flights for me DXB-AMM-DXB at the special Airpass rate (the only reason I did not go ahead was because I was unsure of the exact dates for my Jordan visit at that point)

2. There is what appears to be a live link on the EK site re Airpass here, and within the T&C's it refers to the "the final date for issuance of the Airpass" as March 31st 2014
http://www.emirates.com/english/offe...082976_1082598

Any further thoughts/clarification welcome.

You will find everything you need re Arabian Airpass in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...n-airpass.html

To answer your question, yes you will earn miles based on your international sector fare.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 8:02 am

Many thanks for the link + clarification ^
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:15 pm

A couple of follow-up queries please, which I don't believe are covered in the link above :

1. Would a trip DXB-AMM-DXB booked in J on the Airpass be eligible for chauffeur service (ie. for the DXB 'ends' .... I understand chauffeur-drive does not operate in AMM anyway)?

2. Would I be entitled to lounge access at both airports ?

And I think I know the answer to this next one, but perhaps someone can just confirm my suspicions .....! ...........

I recently received my MBNA-Emirates credit card, which apparently allows a one-off discount of £150 against an EK flight booked in J or F (once an initial purchase has been made with the card). Presumably this offer would not extend to a flight booked under the Arabian Airpass ...... ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.