Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates new routes (and changes) for 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates new routes (and changes) for 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, BA Executive Club Gold, AA Advantage Gold, VS Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by EK2010
Hi Emirates777,
Do u know if ALG is still programmed to be launched or not anymore ? Maybe for this year or 2011 ?
Thanx
It is on the Africa short-list alongside DKR so it could happen this year.

Rgds
Emirates777
Old Jan 17, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, BA Executive Club Gold, AA Advantage Gold, VS Flying Club Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingSerb
Hello Emirates777,

A quick question: there have been a lot of rumors in Serbian media recently that Emirates is expected to launch services between Belgrade (BEG) and Dubai. The UAE and Serbia have recently signed an open sky agreement.

Are these speculations founded? Shall we see a service to BEG in the foreseeable future? Thanks.
BEG will be on the network at some point but am not sure if it will happen in 2010.

Rgds
Emirates777
Old Jan 18, 2010, 4:50 am

Programs: SA Voyager, Ek Skywards
i find it quite weird that although EK operates 5 x daily flights into South Africa that not one of them (especially JNB) isnt an A380 route yet. Especially with the world cup coming up, it all seems abnormal as EK are the Airline sponsors for the world cup?

what are EK's plans for the world cup, will we see increased frequencies, any EK aircraft doing domestic rounds in SA during the tournament? with only 5 months to go one would think EK would have announced the changes by now
Old Jan 18, 2010, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by juzzy
i find it quite weird that although EK operates 5 x daily flights into South Africa that not one of them (especially JNB) isnt an A380 route yet. Especially with the world cup coming up, it all seems abnormal as EK are the Airline sponsors for the world cup?

what are EK's plans for the world cup, will we see increased frequencies, any EK aircraft doing domestic rounds in SA during the tournament? with only 5 months to go one would think EK would have announced the changes by now
You answered your question right there ! There is lots of frequency into South Africa hence no requirement to upgauge to A380 yet. I would expect one of the JNB flights to move to A380 in the next 12 months or so. I was expecting EK763/764 to upgrade to A380s in the 2010/11 operating plan however it has clearly been overtaken by China (PEK/PVG) routes. But nothing is set in stone and ultimately demand will dictate where aircraft are allocated so the schedule is always subject to change. And sponsorship of a World Cup doesnt determine an upgrade of a route to an A380.

The World Cup plan exists but will not necessarily be formally announced -- but there is a plan in place that involves basing some aircraft in South Africa operating some local sectors (all subject to government approval though). Upgrading DXB flights to JNB and CPT during the World Cup is under consideration but subject to availabilty of A380 aircraft from other scheduled routes. Recall the next A380 delivery is not until the end of June now -- so not ideal in terms of adding to World Cup flights. The most likely scenario is extra flights operated by B777-300ERs (both 2 and 3 class versions) to cope with the extra demand. I've heard that some of the MRU flights may also carry onward to South Africa during the World Cup but subject to government approval.

Rgds
Emirates777
Old Jan 18, 2010, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Emirates777
Some preliminary details of forthcoming A380 routes.

Effective 1 July 2010

EK003/004 DXB-LHR-DXB upgraded from B777-300ER to A380-800

Effective 1 September 2010

EK017/018 DXB-MAN-DXB upgraded from B777-300ER to A380-800. First class now offered on this flight.

Effective 31 October 2010

EK201/202 DXB-JFK-DXB upgraded from B777-300ER to A380-800. The whale jet returns to the Big Apple.
Its nice to see EK A380 has been reinstates back into JFK once again. I can't wait to see it. What is the specific schedules is that? Is that will be arrived by same-time from last year due to globalization economy. So the markets wasn't doing quite very well out of DXB-JFK for approximately in betweeen 5 or 6 months where A380 is being service in JFK for short-time.

I am looking forward to see A380 will be next announced service out of DXB. I'm pretty confident where A380 have need to be improved the RR engines to get more extra range can be reachable nonstop DXB-SFO/LAX.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:10 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meli Platinum
Originally Posted by jarino
Time to start the 2010 thread. Did EK announce any new route for 2010 so far?
Yes, EK starts to fly to Madrid, the only Spanish destination on 2nd August 2010 with A330 in 3 class configuration.
It was high time they start flying to Spain, as SIngapore flies to BCN , Qatar to MAD and in April to BCN and Thai to MAD.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:08 am

Hi everybody!

I just found this forum, it's great!

Emirates777, I see that you are very familiar with internal EK-infos...

Could you tell me please that Budapest, Hungary is either on the shortlist for some of the coming years or because of the very proximity of Vienna, Austria already served, an EK-flight is just a non-sense?... Or maybe a stopover service via the new Prague-route? Something, anything?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 20, 2010, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by zerozol
Hi everybody!

I just found this forum, it's great!

Emirates777, I see that you are very familiar with internal EK-infos...

Could you tell me please that Budapest, Hungary is either on the shortlist for some of the coming years or because of the very proximity of Vienna, Austria already served, an EK-flight is just a non-sense?... Or maybe a stopover service via the new Prague-route? Something, anything?

Thanks in advance!
Haven't heard anything about Budapest in the coming years.

Rgds
Emirates777
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:27 am

Haven't heard anything about Budapest in the coming years.

Rgds
Emirates777
Thank you very much, that's what I thought as well...

Z
Old Jan 26, 2010, 4:24 am

PRG Flight

Hello Emirates 777, I am wondering if it is already known which of A330-243s will be schedulled for Prague or is it too early yet? If I am not mistaken there are ten A330-200 in two class config in the fleet. Do all of them have the same product on board or are there difference? (Have seen some corporate pics from November and it seems the J-cl. was refurbished on A330s, perhaps also Y-cl.???) Could you please shed some light on what's actual status?

Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 26, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: SQ SPPS, EK I/O, CX DM, SU Plat, Hyatt DM, IC RA Plat, HH DM, AMX Cent
You are not incorrect.

Rgds
Emirates777
Hi EK777

Hehehe. Am in Kiev today.

Like always you will have to do the breaking news.

Let the local election's turnmoil be over first.

Safe Flying

EGT
Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, DL, LH
Hi Emirates777,

Any thoughts on new services to the Americas? EZE, MEX, MIA, IAD, DFW, ORD?
Old Jan 27, 2010, 2:47 pm

Small update to the 2010/2011 operating plan:

EK135/136 DXB-VCE-DXB will now be sold as 3-class when it upgrades to A340-300 effective 31 October 2010. As a result First class now offered on the route.

Rgds
Emirates777
Old Jan 27, 2010, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by vopoce
Hello Emirates 777, I am wondering if it is already known which of A330-243s will be schedulled for Prague or is it too early yet? If I am not mistaken there are ten A330-200 in two class config in the fleet. Do all of them have the same product on board or are there difference? (Have seen some corporate pics from November and it seems the J-cl. was refurbished on A330s, perhaps also Y-cl.???) Could you please shed some light on what's actual status?

Thanks a lot!
There is no plan to allocate any specific 2-class A332s to the PRG route. Yes the entire A332 fleet is being progressively refurbished -- but these are soft upgrades to the F and J offerings. Emirates plan to also upgrade the IFE on the A332 and A343 because it has now been decided to keep the A332/A343 until A350s arrive. The plan to order A333s as a stop gap has been shelved.

Rgds
Emirates777
Old Jan 27, 2010, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by AAPlat4Life
Hi Emirates777,

Any thoughts on new services to the Americas? EZE, MEX, MIA, IAD, DFW, ORD?
There will be some in the 2011/12 operating plan. All the cities you mention are in the long-term plan. Add SEA, BOS and GIG to the list. And subject to government approval YVR and YYC.

Rgds
Emirates777

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.