Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

Foreign airline crews not spending nights in Israel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Foreign airline crews not spending nights in Israel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2006, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by apirchik
The police officers at immigration are not well known for their great intelligence
I do agree with you. IMHO they did or did not like my gay purpose of the trip.......
Old Jul 28, 2006, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
the police aren't exactly the best.. they are however, better than here...

did you explain the gay purpose of your trip?

At least they let you into the country, Lebanon generally doesn't let in people with Israeli stamps on passports because they are at war (not this war but since '48)
Old Jul 28, 2006, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by holtju2
It does not make me a terrorist if I had visited BEY in January (I had really nice gay time there and lots of xxx). Questioning if I had plans to visit Syria in the future was purely academic I guess.
You're obviously right, and I don't doubt that you had a run-in with an idiot. That said, I don't think any of them wants to be the one who accidentally let someone in the country who obviously shouldn't have gotten in.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Returning to the original idea...

Let me know if you (the royal you...) would prefer that I had just start a new thread for this....the AA crowd would go nuts, but it didn't seem worthwhile since we've already talked about this general issue some....

So, I've got this trip coming up that I'm hoping to take from the midwest United States (I may have some flexibility to leave through the other airlines' hubs depending on a bunch of factors) to TLV in mid-September. As a I think I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm worried that my colleague (i.e. not a Hebrew-speaking Israel nut...) may choose not to travel, or that my company may cancel us from going.

It gets complicated because I've apparently got a choice of buying a 2-for-1 Amex Platinum Biz-Class ticket at their 'full fare', which I assume is refundable, but for which I'll have to travel on the same itinerary. If we go this way, I won't be able to add any days to my trip, but I assume (I'll obviously check) that we'll at least be able to refund the ticket if we have to cancel.

If I can get two biz-class tickets on any carrier (my preferences will be LY, LH, CO, and maybe DL) for less than the Amex 2-for-1 price--which appears pretty easy at this point since the Amex price is inflated over the normal 'full fare' biz--I can choose to do that instead.

The tricky part is that the two biz class tix on any other carrier are almost certain to be non-refundable tickets.

My question for those of you who have a lot more experience traveling back and forth to TLV than I do is this -
        Old Aug 5, 2006, 4:16 pm

any iscount bf?i found ac for 1048.00 ow,last week

o.k.it looks like no discounts out there but as i state di found a noce discount last week on air canada.btw,i know alot of peole who would come if the pric ewas riht,but i guess they wont lower the price for everyone because of these people.does anyone know of a cheap buisnes sfare out there?i would like to do a r/t to the sates .btw if co is 50% full no need to fly buisness as you can probably get a row for yourself.what i tend to do is offer somone 100.00 to find himself anothe rseat and virtually always i get my three seats if ther eare alot of empty seats and i wasnt one of the lucky one to get a three seater
        Old Aug 5, 2006, 5:10 pm
        FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
        Originally Posted by zeeman
        o.k.it looks like no discounts out there but as i state di found a noce discount last week on air canada.btw,i know alot of peole who would come if the pric ewas riht,but i guess they wont lower the price for everyone because of these people.does anyone know of a cheap buisnes sfare out there?i would like to do a r/t to the sates .btw if co is 50% full no need to fly buisness as you can probably get a row for yourself.what i tend to do is offer somone 100.00 to find himself anothe rseat and virtually always i get my three seats if ther eare alot of empty seats and i wasnt one of the lucky one to get a three seater
        No offence zeeman, but your post is almost impossible to read.
        Why do people not edit their posts before sending them?
        A little bit of proof reading, and use of word speller are recommended.
        Old Aug 5, 2006, 5:37 pm
        FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
        Originally Posted by clubman
        No offence zeeman, but your post is almost impossible to read.
        Why do people not edit their posts before sending them?
        A little bit of proof reading, and use of word speller are recommended.
        My spelling tends to end like Zeeman's when I am drunk as a skunk !
        Perhaps this was the case here too ?
        Old Aug 9, 2006, 9:37 am

I got balls

Originally Posted by entropy
        eh.. less אוחצ'ואי flight attendants taking up cute Israeli guys at the clubs

as expected the europeans have no balls.
        I fly for an airline but think my private life is more important than anything else , got a family and kids to feed , shame on your comment !It shows you do not have any respect for anyone, for any crew who serve you on the plane and take care of you during hours . Safety is non negotiable !
        Do you have the balls to go and join Tsahal in South Lebannon ?
        Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:28 am
        Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
        Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
        Originally Posted by fly33
        I fly for an airline but think my private life is more important than anything else , got a family and kids to feed , shame on your comment !It shows you do not have any respect for anyone, for any crew who serve you on the plane and take care of you during hours . Safety is non negotiable !
        There is no safety issue flying into TLV at this time. That was the point of the thread.

Don't want this thread moving to OMNI but remember that lots of the folks responding on this thread do in fact serve in the reserves and some of them are likely currently deployed.
        Old Aug 9, 2006, 11:32 am
        FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
        Tel Aviv is safe. I have responsiblity to my lab. The only combat position I am qualified for is in the tank brigades. but by the time my training is done the combat will be over.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.