Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: SL Matmid
Hmmm It seems that RJ are doing deals with SriLankan Airlines to Tel Aviv ?? In terms of codeshare. Is there anychance that EL-AL will be flying to CMB ?? It's an apparant rumor along with Virgin flying to TLV but that will be unlikely even though Richard Branson is in TLV almost every 2 weeks !
Old Apr 29, 2011, 9:27 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by clubman
ELAL, I have just read LY Insider's post over and over again, and would you mind explaining to me where exactly he/she asked the question in English too???
You are correct.

The request for feedback was posted only in Hebrew. There is absolutely nothing in the English text to indicate that El Al is soliciting input from readers of this forum concerning schedule changes.

I absolutely agree with you that it impolite to post something on FlyerTalk that the vast majority of the FTers, even those who frequent the El Al Matmid forum, are unable to read.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Hello LY Insider,

I think that the schedules of your flights is not bad at all, besides the 5AM flights which has awful timings (which is even worse in Fridays as some flights leave at 3AM or so). JFK is a destination that the schedule should be changed to. There are 2 daily flights to NYC which leave on 1AM. I, for example think that there is no need for 2 flights in that timing. You should move one of the flights to 6 or 7AM. That will allow the passengers to enjoy more flexible timings and maybe even better connections.

You should allow your passengers more options to connect to other airlines. You should start codeshare agreements with other airlines, and you should extend the current code-share agreements. Unfortunately, Novosibirsk is not good enough (for most of your customers). Maybe VS will be good for you and for us passengers.

You should improve your business class seats and make them as good as other airlines' business class. Your Platinum seats are old-fashioned and not comfortable, and most airlines replace seats like that with better seats. CO has better business class than yours. So does US, AC, BA, LX (which will soon upgrade it's aircrafts to TLV to A340 with new business class seats). Your Platinum seats are short, and they are not comfortable for those of us who are over 1.75 meters.

Yours, Gordo6.

BTW, I will soon update the main message with new changes and developments.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by gordo6
CO has better business class then yours. So does US, AC, BA, LX (which will soon upgrade it's aircrafts to TLV to A340 with new business class seat)
actually, all the airlines you mention have a better business product than LY's First, never mind Business.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:44 pm

Shabbat shalom. Sorry for writing in Hebrew. I didn't understand the forum etiquete. I am in no way asking for everyone's opinion on behalf of the company. I just wanted to see if anyone had any interesting ideas.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Jonathan Siva
Hmmm It seems that RJ are doing deals with SriLankan Airlines to Tel Aviv ?? In terms of codeshare. Is there anychance that EL-AL will be flying to CMB ?? It's an apparant rumor along with Virgin flying to TLV but that will be unlikely even though Richard Branson is in TLV almost every 2 weeks !
Where did you hear this? I didn't hear a rumors from VS is coming to TLV. Doesn't have a locals traffic rights. If there is a possibilities for VS is coming into TLV due to more competitions against BA, BD, LY, U2. It will have more toughest competitions against another carries who has already existed serice.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by N830MH
Where did you hear this? I didn't hear a rumors from VS is coming to TLV. Doesn't have a locals traffic rights. If there is a possibilities for VS is coming into TLV due to more competitions against BA, BD, LY, U2. It will have more toughest competitions against another carries who has already existed serice.
N830MH, today I realized what your username is from. I was in Madrid this morning and saw a lovely DL 767-400 heading to JFK with that registration number. I know that is way off topic for this thread but I thought it was interesting!
Old May 4, 2011, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by gordo6
Hello LY Insider,

I think that the schedules of your flights is not bad at all, besides the 5AM flights which has awful timings (which is even worse in Fridays as some flights leave at 3AM or so). JFK is a destination that the schedule should be changed to. There are 2 daily flights to NYC which leave on 1AM. I, for example think that there is no need for 2 flights in that timing. You should move one of the flights to 6 or 7AM. That will allow the passengers to enjoy more flexible timings and maybe even better connections.

You should allow your passengers more options to connect to other airlines. You should start codeshare agreements with other airlines, and you should extend the current code-share agreements. Unfortunately, Novosibirsk is not good enough (for most of your customers). Maybe VS will be good for you and for us passengers.

You should improve your business class seats and make them as good as other airlines' business class. Your Platinum seats are old-fashioned and not comfortable, and most airlines replace seats like that with better seats. CO has better business class than yours. So does US, AC, BA, LX (which will soon upgrade it's aircrafts to TLV to A340 with new business class seats). Your Platinum seats are short, and they are not comfortable for those of us who are over 1.75 meters.

Yours, Gordo6.

BTW, I will soon update the main message with new changes and developments.
I agree on many of your points. However, you mention 2 midnight flights to NYC. Are you referring to the JFK and the EWR one? If so, I think those are fine as is. Many NY-area pax use them, and one airport is convenient for some and the other for others. This allows more people, whether they're from NJ or Long Island (examples, not exclusive,) to take advantage of the midnight flight, which is ideal for many.

Originally Posted by N830MH
BD no longer flies to TLV.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:48 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Please DO NOT mess with the JFK night schedules.
001 is perfect.
002 is also great at 19:00 departure.
The only change I would maybe consider as better would be if the 007 were at 8:00 instead of 10:40. That would get us into JFK by Noon.
Old May 11, 2011, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
I'm in favor of changing LY011 departure time which is really not good. Maybe to 6AM or something like that + LY011 at 10:40AM. Or maybe the afternoon departure should move to EWR, as many of those who connect do so in JFK and not in EWR.

Then there should be:
Option 1
1AM- JFK (LY1) & EWR (LY27)
6AM - JFK (LY11)
11AM - JFK(LY7)

Option 2
1AM - JFK (LY1)
6AM - JFK
10AM - JFK
2PM - EWR

These options will allow your customers the best flexbility in flight times & connecting flights times.
Old May 27, 2011, 1:12 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
YNET (english) reporting that ELAL has signed a codeshare deal with sibirean airlines, and plan to introduce 9 new routes to TLV including including Kazan, Rostov, Perm Krai, Omsk, Sochi, Chelyabinsk and Samara.

The article doesn't mention when these routes will be started, and how many (if any) will actually be operated by Elal.
Old May 27, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by ELAL
YNET (english) reporting that ELAL has signed a codeshare deal with sibirean airlines, and plan to introduce 9 new routes to TLV including including Kazan, Rostov, Perm Krai, Omsk, Sochi, Chelyabinsk and Samara.

The article doesn't mention when these routes will be started, and how many (if any) will actually be operated by Elal.
i think you misread the article. S7 will provide codeshares onwards from OVB perhaps. There's no way there's anywhere near enough demand for nine new flights
Any chance LY could be trying to break into OW this way? Notwithstanding the problems of FAA categorization and RJ.
Old May 27, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by sds1493
i think you misread the article. S7 will provide codeshares onwards from OVB perhaps. There's no way there's anywhere near enough demand for nine new flights
Yuo, you're 100% right!
Old May 29, 2011, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by sds1493
Any chance LY could be trying to break into OW this way? Notwithstanding the problems of FAA categorization and RJ.
Wasn't this discussed a while back, both the codeshare with S7 and the possibility of trying to break into OW?

And what's the problem with RJ?
Old Jun 4, 2011, 7:13 pm

There is no problem with RJ. Some people think you can't be in an alliance with your neighbour as it offers no value to the alliance. Those people are clearly wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.