Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by moe8555
I was under the impression that the pass is valid for all flights in the network, is it not?
Apparently it is. I called them about it the other day. The problem is that the taxes are really high. A "free" ticket to London R/T from TLV was over $400. Maybe worth it if the schedules were better but as is, I can fly Easyjet nonstop R/T for less than the taxes on Atlas with the stop and save the $3,500 subscription for some nice food to take with me on the plane. If I flew more to other lower tax destinations it might make more sense.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by travel agent
how come all other airlines are operating as usual from / to VDA?
These are only partial closures, I.e. in several hours each days, and this just happened to affect Ryanair the most (which anyway is the biggest carrier there)
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by NYTA
Apparently it is. I called them about it the other day. The problem is that the taxes are really high. A "free" ticket to London R/T from TLV was over $400. Maybe worth it if the schedules were better but as is, I can fly Easyjet nonstop R/T for less than the taxes on Atlas with the stop and save the $3,500 subscription for some nice food to take with me on the plane. If I flew more to other lower tax destinations it might make more sense.

Yeah London taxes are brutal. But they have a pretty vast network, so you would only need to make 3-4 flights to at least break even. And at least it's real business class...

But having just booked LTN-TLV myself with an exit row seat for only $200 - completely understand.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by moe8555
Yeah London taxes are brutal. But they have a pretty vast network, so you would only need to make 3-4 flights to at least break even. And at least it's real business class...

But having just booked LTN-TLV myself with an exit row seat for only $200 - completely understand.
If they had been smart about it they would have made it officially an upgrade to business so that pax pay the tax on coach seats rather than business which I suppose is much higher.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: A3*G
air Transat is adding a 3`rd weekly flight between YUL - TLV for next summer, will AC follow?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:15 am

ELAL is going to announce later this week a new codeshare agreement with TAP Portugal. Not yet sure of the details.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Wizz Air new route Timisoara to TLV

https://seenews.com/news/wizz-air-la...el-aviv-589752

Twice-weekly flights from Timisoara on Mondays and Fridays.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 5:06 am

ELAL is going to announce later this week a new codeshare agreement with TAP Portugal. Not yet sure of the details.
the TLV website is showing already for the last few day a TAP flight number for most LY flights to Europe.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:35 am

the TLV website is showing already for the last few day a TAP flight number for most LY flights to Europe.
I wonder if that means it's possible to get *A credit on LY by booking the LY flights through TAP? That would make flying LY to Europe much more palatable for me. I suspect the announcement will be that TAP is going to inaugurate a Lisbon-TLV flight then connecting with South America but that's just speculation.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I wonder if that means it's possible to get *A credit on LY by booking the LY flights through TAP? That would make flying LY to Europe much more palatable for me. I suspect the announcement will be that TAP is going to inaugurate a Lisbon-TLV flight then connecting with South America but that's just speculation.
Likely not because generally *A credits based on the operating carrier, not marketing carrier. So you could if you were crediting to TP but not to others.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:35 pm

LATAM announced today that they intend to add 3x weekly flights to Tel Aviv by the end of 2018. Subject to regulatory approval, the airline plans to operate the flight from Santiago to Buenos Aires to Tel Aviv. Presumably the airline will use a 787 to operate the route.
The flight will cover a distance of ~8,200 miles, including the ~1,600 miles between Santiago and Sao Paulo, and the 6,600 miles between Sao Paulo and Tel Aviv. Interestingly the stop in Sao Paulo adds one mile compared to the direct air distance of the route. When the route launches, it will be the only nonstop flight between South America and Israel.

Interestingly just a couple of months ago Aerolineas Argentinas and EL AL announced a new codeshare agreement. As part of this, EL AL will codeshare on Aerolineas Argentinas’ flights between Buenos Aires and Spain, and Aerolineas Argentinas will codeshare on EL AL’s flights between Spain and Tel Aviv. So that didn’t really add any new link that wasn’t there before, but at least made the process of ticketing and traveling on such a reservation easier.
It has been great to see LATAM’s recent longhaul expansion, as they just added new flights to both Boston and Rome, and now we should see a link to Tel Aviv as well.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:07 pm

LATAM announced today that they intend to add 3x weekly flights to Tel Aviv by the end of 2018. Subject to regulatory approval, the airline plans to operate the flight from Santiago to Buenos Aires to Tel Aviv. Presumably the airline will use a 787 to operate the route.
The flight will cover a distance of ~8,200 miles, including the ~1,600 miles between Santiago and Sao Paulo, and the 6,600 miles between Sao Paulo and Tel Aviv. Interestingly the stop in Sao Paulo adds one mile compared to the direct air distance of the route. When the route launches, it will be the only nonstop flight between South America and Israel.
So, is it Buenos Aires or Sao Paulo?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by RedChili
So, is it Buenos Aires or Sao Paulo?
As per the article I saw, São Paulo.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 11:59 pm

GRU would seem more likely as it is much shorter and better for connections. EZE nonstop would be a very long route indeed.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: SPG Gold
STN-TLV flights on a 747-400

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news17...LogicAir.shtml

If you dont mind flying inside a cardboard box, that is.

New Stansted-Tel Aviv cargo service via Frankfurt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.