EasyJet refunds

Old Aug 22, 2020, 7:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by AHC96
Anyone else having this problem: EasyJet cancelled my flight and I requested a refund right away. They then sent an email saying it was being processed, to then receive an email saying I am not entitled to a refund because they I requested and they sent me a voucher (Which I didn't request, and they didn't send). Today, about 2 weeks after the emails, I receive a voucher from EasyJet.

I decided to dispute the charge with American Express and hopefully get my money back.
Make certain that you include a copy of the refund request with your chargeback. The key to quick turns for chargebacks is to properly document them. That also prevents the carrier from effectively asserting that you requested a voucher (which, if true, would be a proper reason to deny your refund).
Old Aug 22, 2020, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by TBD
Probably a case of one hand not talking to the other. Unfortunate, but probably common among many airlines.
Filing flight schedules/fares/etc is really cumbersome. It's entirely possible the process to file June 2021 flights was approved and started a long time ago before the decision to drop these flights.

Regarding easyJet holding your money - I'm sorry, but I'm not too sympathetic here. easyJet has plenty of time to find another route and you should have known that booking a mid-2021 flight right now carries significant risk.
As of 17th August, EasyJet know my flight will not be operating in June 2021.

The closest alternative route they will be able to offer me is from Manchester.
For a number of reasons, Manchester is not practical for us.
But more to the point, it isn't the route we booked!

You are entitled to your opinion, but I really don't see how it is reasonable for EasyJet to hang onto my money for a further 10 months!
Old Aug 22, 2020, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Often1
Make certain that you include a copy of the refund request with your chargeback. The key to quick turns for chargebacks is to properly document them. That also prevents the carrier from effectively asserting that you requested a voucher (which, if true, would be a proper reason to deny your refund).
I read somewhere else about EasyJet claiming a customer had requested a voucher. That is why I am a little bit reluctant to request a refund until the flight is formally cancelled.
I don't want the agent to reply and say your not entitled to a refund, but here is a voucher instead!
Old Sep 13, 2020, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Executive Club
We accepted a voucher in lieu of a cash refund from Ryanair for cancelled flights to Portugal in August. Under consumer law I know we could have pursued a cash refund but I deliberately chose not to. I fly 9-10 times a year (mainly with Ryanair because they serve the destinations I need) and I have a lot of sympathy for airlines right now. Other public transport sectors in the UK and abroad have received Government support but most commercial airlines haven't received anything. If the low cost scheduled airlines go out of business that will cause bigger issues for me so I'm not going to chase them for 100 for a couple of flights when I know I will travel with them again. I do understand though that this isn't a view shared by everyone and a lot of people absolutely need the money back.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
A lesson for me here. I had an EasyJet flight booked in April which was cancelled. Because I knew Id need to fly again later this year I took a voucher and then when my plans were finalised I rebooked for October. The October flight was subsequently cancelled last week so I used the online refund form to request what I thought would be a cash refund.

The refund came back as another voucher, because that was the original form of payment used for the booking - correct, it would seem, as per their own rules - but frustrating as I could have got the cash back at the first cancellation. So any further cancellations I will simply be asking for my money back.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA exec club, Flying Blue, VFC, IHG Rewards, EasyJet Plus
Morning all

I just thought I'd post here that, after almost 17 months after my original post, I have finally received my refund!

Cheers
TT
Old Dec 20, 2021, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC
I wish to cancel some UK-France-UK flights under their Protection Promise due to the current restrictions, am I being stupid in that I can not find the correct section on to do this online?
Old Dec 22, 2021, 8:04 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Originally Posted by noniron
I wish to cancel some UK-France-UK flights under their Protection Promise due to the current restrictions, am I being stupid in that I can not find the correct section on to do this online?
I am having exactly the same issue.
The claim is under their 'Travel Restriction Protection' promise (links via https://www.easyjet.com/en/pledge).
My understanding is that, as a UK resident and citizen, being not allowed to enter FR, DE, etc then the Easyjet refund option kicks in.

It then states one must contact their Customer Services team .... from that point I really can't deduce the options; so anyone out there with knowledge of the inner workings of Easyjet please flag the options / methods.

I don't even see a phone number, or a working link to the promised "online request form".
Old Dec 24, 2021, 6:23 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Update: I followed up again via the Easyjet number 0330-5515-151 as the various e-routes and responses were not looking promising and hopelessly generic.

Datapoint - After a rather painful menu trail I got through to an agent and she was able to process my 'Travel Restriction Protection' claim for a refund against my EZY flight. It would seem she was able to tell at her end whether the booking qualified or not and then process the request and put it into a refund within 7-days queue. My flight UK to Germany qualified (as I was sure it would as I am not eligible to travel to Germany under their present restrictions). She said I'd likely receive the refund within 7 days. It turned out my return flight (separate booking) was eligible too.
All told around a 20 minute call and in my case worth the 0330- costs and slight difficulties hearing and communicating with the call centre.
Tobias-UK likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.