Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Chick-fil-A" thread

Old Oct 9, 08, 11:07 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

[b] Moderators... as with the Five Guys thread if it doesn't work pelase move it or delete it... do as you may. Have a MEOWY DAY! [b]

I'm not a fast food fan but if I'm in a place and see a Chick FIl A I will stop and enjoy (even if I'm stuffed.)

I love the chicken sandwiches and the lemon pies. The fries are not bad either.

I also find the funky and fun COW ads with "Eat more Chicken" slogans very clever. I try to get the calender every year for a friend who is into collecting everything bovine.

The negatives:

*Closed on Sunday (I know the reason but it's disappointing to get a Chick FIl a Craving and see the gate down.)
*Not enough locations. I wish they had Chick Fil A at a NON campus location in NYC. OR in Jersey City.
*It has COKE and not the superior PEPSI

Any Chick Fil A Fans out there?
Old Oct 9, 08, 11:21 am

Programs: AS, BA, AF, SPG and Tivo!
Originally Posted by Catman View Post
[b] Moderators... as with the Five Guys thread if it doesn't work pelase move it or delete it... do as you may. Have a MEOWY DAY! [b]

I'm not a fast food fan but if I'm in a place and see a Chick FIl A I will stop and enjoy (even if I'm stuffed.)

I love the chicken sandwiches and the lemon pies. The fries are not bad either.

I also find the funky and fun COW ads with "Eat more Chicken" slogans very clever. I try to get the calender every year for a friend who is into collecting everything bovine.

The negatives:

*Closed on Sunday (I know the reason but it's disappointing to get a Chick FIl a Craving and see the gate down.)
*Not enough locations. I wish they had Chick Fil A at a NON campus location in NYC. OR in Jersey City.
*It has COKE and not the superior PEPSI

Any Chick Fil A Fans out there?

:-:I love Chick-fil-A.:-:
Old Oct 9, 08, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I refuse to eat there. Following are just a small handful of snippets you can find from the most cursory of web searches.

The religious organizations to which Truett Cathy and Chick-fil-A have lent support include such groups as Focus on the Family... Chick-fil-A has promoted religious groups via toys and CDs included in children's meals... Aziz Latif, claims that he was training to become a franchise operator in November 2000 when he was fired because of his Muslim faith. According to Ajay Choudhary, his Houston-based lawyer, Latif says he lost his job "one day after he did not participate in a prayer to Jesus Christ." Choudhary notes that Latif, who started working at Chick-fil-A in 1994--which suggests that he felt okay about the place for six years--"received excellent performance evaluations, including one the week he was fired."...The parent company asks people who apply for an operator license to disclose marital status, number of dependents and involvement in “community, civic, social, church and/or professional organizations.

I could go on ad nauseam with citations, etc. of many many many items which makes we never ever want to eat at this venomous place, ever.
Old Oct 9, 08, 1:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
I used to eat there about once a week when I was in college in Saint Louis. There were a couple on campus which rocked^. I used to love their chicken sandwiches and waffle french fries. Unfortunately I do not get to eat there much anymore unless I happen to be traveling to cities that have them.
Old Oct 9, 08, 1:53 pm

All the more reason to eat there!
Old Oct 9, 08, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
I refuse to eat there. Following are just a small handful of snippets you can find from the most cursory of web searches.

The religious organizations to which Truett Cathy and Chick-fil-A have lent support include such groups as Focus on the Family... Chick-fil-A has promoted religious groups via toys and CDs included in children's meals... Aziz Latif, claims that he was training to become a franchise operator in November 2000 when he was fired because of his Muslim faith. According to Ajay Choudhary, his Houston-based lawyer, Latif says he lost his job "one day after he did not participate in a prayer to Jesus Christ." Choudhary notes that Latif, who started working at Chick-fil-A in 1994--which suggests that he felt okay about the place for six years--"received excellent performance evaluations, including one the week he was fired."...The parent company asks people who apply for an operator license to disclose marital status, number of dependents and involvement in “community, civic, social, church and/or professional organizations.

I could go on ad nauseam with citations, etc. of many many many items which makes we never ever want to eat at this venomous place, ever.
Besides the excellent food, I now know of even better reasons to eat there. It is good that at least some Christians stand up for their beliefs. I for one do not believe what Latif said.
Old Oct 9, 08, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Danger Man View Post
Besides the excellent food, I now know of even better reasons to eat there. It is good that at least some Christians stand up for their beliefs. I for one do not believe what Latif said.
And I don't want not even a centavo of my money going to Focus on the Family, a stated "charity" of the place. Scary that "Focus on the Family" CDs show up in the happymeal equivalent, to probably many unsuspecting parents. But you are more than welcome to eat there, all you like. I'm not suggesting you don't. I am, however, explaining to Catman, why I am not a fan.
Old Oct 9, 08, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Catman View Post

The negatives:

1>*Closed on Sunday (I know the reason but it's disappointing to get a Chick FIl a Craving and see the gate down.)
2>*Not enough locations. I wish they had Chick Fil A at a NON campus location in NYC. OR in Jersey City.
3>*It has COKE and not the superior PEPSI

4>Any Chick Fil A Fans out there?
1. I know the feeling but I respect the values. I know of many businesses that are closed on Saturday for similar reasons. I have been to trade shows where certain booths were roped off on Saturday. Good for them!
2. You are correct. They are growing though.
3. If they changed to Pepsi they would lose an awful lot of business. Case in point. Pepsico bought Pizza Hut, LJS, Taco Bell and KFC to force them all to sell Pepsi nationwide. Studies showed that they started losing market share after this change. Pepsico sold all of these to YUM brands which started switching them back to Coke in selected markets and sales began increasing again. Now for the health answer: Coke has 12 teaspoons of sugar per can, Pepsi has 16 teaspoons of sugar per can. How many teaspoons of sugar do you put in your coffee?
4. Absolutely, everyone I know loves Chic-Fil-A!
Old Oct 9, 08, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
My mouth is watering at the mere discussion of Chic-Fil-A. Does that answer your question?

I used to eat there 3-4 times a week back in high school..it showed, but it was worth it. I only get to have CFA once every few months these days, however I'd be there a lot more if they had some locations in NYC. I caught myself running to catch a flight at ATL a few weeks ago because I took too long waiting in line to get some CFA during my layover.
Old Oct 9, 08, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by Danger Man View Post
Now for the health answer: Coke has 12 teaspoons of sugar per can, Pepsi has 16 teaspoons of sugar per can. How many teaspoons of sugar do you put in your coffee?
What???

Most places with waffle fries are a-ok in my book.

Likewise there are organizations that I don't want a penny of my money going to. I think everyone should learn from Focus on the Family. You are entitled to your own opinion. I don't think any parent goes into a Chic-Fil-A without knowing it is a Christian Based business, to do so would be pretty ignorant. I also can't imagine a parent having a problem with the items that are in the Kid's Meals at CFA. But if a parent did have a problem with it, they should have paid attention to what they were getting. CFA does offer everyone the opportunity to exchange for another desert or prize. Would these also be the same parents that allow their children to watch MTV with their anti family shows?
Old Oct 9, 08, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
And I don't want not even a centavo of my money going to Focus on the Family, a stated "charity" of the place.
Then don't fly on UA, DL, NW, AA. Don't drink Coca Cola or Dr Pepper. Don't bank with Bank of America or Citibank. Don't eat at Longhorn, Steak and Ale, Wendy's, Waffle House or Chili's. There are more than you think.
Old Oct 9, 08, 2:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

While I hate the religion involved in the corporate, I do know where to find chik-fil-a at ATL (gate A10) and have gone from Terminal D to A and back again to grab a sandwich. Yum, yum, yum!
Old Oct 9, 08, 2:19 pm

Back on topic: I love Chic-Fil-A.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: