Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Chick-fil-A" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Chick-fil-A" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2008, 9:53 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Exclamation

Originally Posted by kipper
+1

I love their coffee caramel milkshake! Very yummy!

The only CFA near us, other than the one at the mall, is by Wegman's. Needless to say, I find myself in Wegman's anytime I'm craving CFA--kill two birds with one stone.
Ditto! I know this is about CFA, which I approve of, even though promotions are hard to find to reduce your dining out costs, but, hey, buy their coupon calendars! But, may I say.....oh, WEGMANS!!! Really good!!!!

SO, ^^ for CFA (and Wegmans!!).
Old Oct 10, 2008, 9:53 pm
DH

I like their chicken but they are too salty for my taste.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jan_believes
Ditto! I know this is about CFA, which I approve of, even though promotions are hard to find to reduce your dining out costs, but, hey, buy their coupon calendars! But, may I say.....oh, WEGMANS!!! Really good!!!!

SO, ^^ for CFA (and Wegmans!!).
We buy two of their calendars each year. They're great about using expired coupons.

I love Wegman's too.
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
I'm going to CFA tomorrow (Saturday) specifically because I usually have a craving on Sunday morning . . .
Old Oct 11, 2008, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by icurhere2
I'm going to CFA tomorrow (Saturday) specifically because I usually have a craving on Sunday morning . . .
That happens to you too? It usually happens to me!
Old Oct 11, 2008, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by kipper
That happens to you too? It usually happens to me!
And on that note, I'm think I'm off to drive to CFA for breakfast!
Old Oct 11, 2008, 5:57 am

Catman - haven't seen many posts from you in the last few years - good to see you back - where have you been napping?
Big fan of Chik Fil A. Waffle fries are OK but the sandwich is the best. The lemonade (diet and regular) also both rock.

TF
Old Oct 11, 2008, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1P, DL Gold, SPG Gold
I like the regular and grilled chicken sandwiches. I also like the waffle fries. Thanks to someone posting free calendars with coupons in Spam awhile back, I am trying some of the other menu items, too.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 8:05 am

Programs: DSM, USDM, BAEC, AAAdvan
Jeff Foxworthy once described their sandwiches as being so good that if you were to put a Chik-Fil-A sandwich on the top of your head, your tongue would beat your brains out to get to it.

I like Chik-Fil-A, and if the choice is them or another fast food place, I will pick them without a doubt. You will not find a more tasty chicken sandwich anywhere. Their lemonade and brownies are also worht stopping by just for one.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 9:14 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Interesting thread...and for many reasons.

It's an interesting company from the top down. They are only in 6% of the North American fast food market. No debt. All growth is financed from within. Better per unit sales than McD's and they are only open 6 days a week. 40 straight years of steady or growing sales. Went level in 80-81 but never a down year. Will be a 3 billion dollar company this year. Takes stewardship of all they have very seriously. Bold in the marketplace at a time when most retailers hold their fingers up to see which way the winds of opinion are blowing and choose their values accordingly. Is being very intentional about transitioning the company through the 3 generations (#1 being the founder) that are currently working for and leading it. So many other companies fail in this area. I could go on.

My family drives 16 miles one way no matter the price of gas to eat there at least 3 days a week.

I've eaten so many #1 Combos the last 5 years that I'm exploring the menu a bit these days and finding new things I like like the Wraps and the salads.

I frequent one in the DFW area (Waxahachie, TX) when traveling that is hands down the best customer service venue of ANY retail establishment I know of the in the entire U.S. If you are in the area check it out. It's pretty over the top and I pretty much like it that way.

^^^ to CFA!

One other thing. Don't judge it based only on the A Concourse version at ATL. That's run in a different vein than the mall or FSUs. Quality and selection are much better at the other two locales. Just fyi...
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:43 am

Mr. Kipper thinks their breakfast items are the best out of any fast food restaurant, so I surprised him this morning with breakfast from CFA. It met my CFA craving for a few days anyway!
Old Oct 11, 2008, 11:10 am

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
We usually get a nugget platter for our daughters' bday parties as do friends of ours...and they always get eaten up. One day I'm going to make a crack food list and CFA nuggets will probably be at number 1 or 2.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Duhey2
We usually get a nugget platter for our daughters' bday parties as do friends of ours...and they always get eaten up. One day I'm going to make a crack food list and CFA nuggets will probably be at number 1 or 2.
A crack food list? I think I need to make one of those!
Old Oct 11, 2008, 7:50 pm

I love CFA, especially their grilled chicken sandwich, waffle fries, some chicken nuggets, all washed down by a large cup of their lemonade. And I don't even care that they support a group of ultra-fanatical Christians, so as long as they maintain the secular boundry, I will always patronize them.

However, I am kinda jealous that Ford Motors delivered their very last 2007 Ford Taurus (the last one before they renamed the Ford Five-hundred the new 2008 Taurus) to Samuel Truett Cathy, direct from the assembly plant.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold

Last edited by silverthief2; Mar 17, 2024 at 12:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.