Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Chick-fil-A" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AA 1MM, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
*Heterosexual Christian
I think it's safe to assume that homosexual nonbelievers (or whoever) place equal value on a day off.

I don't see CFA ever changing their "closed on Sundays" principle. They've got as much business as they can handle the other 6 days of the week. I've never been to a CFA that wasn't packed, at any time of the day. The busier ones have the double drive throughs and still have cars backed up to the street.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by thedoorchick
I think it's safe to assume that homosexual nonbelievers (or whoever) place equal value on a day off.
Yes, but they probably won't be hired at CFA unless they are good liars.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I don't know about anyone else, but the only day I really crave Chik-Fil-A is on Sundays.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've never set foot in this mysterious chain. What's so great about it?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Nothing.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:22 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
The first time I had the stuff, it tasted okay but was quite salty and made
me sick. The second time it tasted okay but was quite salty. There hasn't
been a third time.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:38 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
*Heterosexual Christian
I worked ad Chic Fil A when I was a teenager and was never asked if I was either heterosexual or a Christian. I'm only one of the two.

I quit after a few years over a 25 cent rasie they gave the new hires without upping the existing employees pay. Wow I'm getting old...
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I don't know about anyone else, but the only day I really crave Chik-Fil-A is on Sundays.
Me too. I stayed away from them for a long time because of the founder's philosophy but eventually tried it. I was raised as a conservative Christian so I figured I could fake it when they asked me to take the religious test before ordering. The food was actually pretty good. It was a nice break from the typical greasy burgers (which I really like). I was glad to see that they had different entrees from most other places. I go in now and get the same thing everytime, chicken sandwich, carrot & raisin salad and diet lemonade (where else can you get that?).

Now I'm hungry. I think I'll go to the one across the street from my house and get lunch.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:49 am

I know a Muslim kid who works at Chick-Fil-A. His mom wears a hijab and is a flight attendant for US Airways.

Chick-Fil-A claims to do more business in 6 days than many do in 7 so I doubt they will expand their hours. As much as I like an on-demand world I notice a start contrast between working hours in the US and Europe and can't say it's always a bad thing to not work 60 hours a week and have everything open 24/7
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
What's so great about it?
Waffle fries. The chicken sandwiches themselves are ok and seem pricey.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:44 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
They are a bit cheaper then McDonalds.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Actually, this thread has reminded me that I have two CFA free-sandwich coupons somewhere in my car - time to clean out the glovebox
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
We've found a way around that--I usually pick up breakfast from there on Saturdays, and Mr. Kipper reheats it in the toaster oven on Sunday morning. Not the best, but it gets us around the "closed on Sundays" issue.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
They didn't invent chicken, but they did invent the chicken sandwich! (Or their own advertising claims, anyway.)

Actually, up until a few years ago, I hardly went there. I do find their chicken strips and chicken sandwiches to be the best I've ever had at a fast food place. They also have a lot of specials and coupons, so you can eat cheap.

I don't see a lot of bible thumpers there, and wish they were open on Sunday, but hey, they can do what they want.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
The nuggets and chicken sandwiches are to die for. Can't get any better than their waffle fries. Always receive top notch service from the people at my nearby location including them bringing my order to my table with a smile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.