FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Chick-fil-A" thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 9, 2008, 12:55 pm
Danger Man

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I refuse to eat there. Following are just a small handful of snippets you can find from the most cursory of web searches.

The religious organizations to which Truett Cathy and Chick-fil-A have lent support include such groups as Focus on the Family... Chick-fil-A has promoted religious groups via toys and CDs included in children's meals... Aziz Latif, claims that he was training to become a franchise operator in November 2000 when he was fired because of his Muslim faith. According to Ajay Choudhary, his Houston-based lawyer, Latif says he lost his job "one day after he did not participate in a prayer to Jesus Christ." Choudhary notes that Latif, who started working at Chick-fil-A in 1994--which suggests that he felt okay about the place for six years--"received excellent performance evaluations, including one the week he was fired."...The parent company asks people who apply for an operator license to disclose marital status, number of dependents and involvement in “community, civic, social, church and/or professional organizations.

I could go on ad nauseam with citations, etc. of many many many items which makes we never ever want to eat at this venomous place, ever.
Besides the excellent food, I now know of even better reasons to eat there. It is good that at least some Christians stand up for their beliefs. I for one do not believe what Latif said.