Reload this Page >

Have you eaten at IKEA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you eaten at IKEA?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2008, 9:35 am

For those of you who like Ikea food, you can look forward to A LOT MORE of it. With the worl economy slowing down, Ikea is apparently looking for other areas to maintain their growth and apparently they plan to DOUBLE sales of in-store food.

I noticed the other day in my local Ikea that they seem to be piping food smells into the register line area. Hmmm.....
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA_MP, SPG
Food at Ikea? I never tried that ... might as well visit them one day!
Old Jul 20, 2008, 9:42 pm

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
The lines in the Elizabeth , NJ location .. the cafe is always packed.. it bad enough the lines are long to check out , I don't think I'll wait another hour ( 1 cashier for 100 people in line)for a small meal.
Old Aug 10, 2008, 11:40 pm

If you have a full day of shopping to do there, then you'll be glad to sit down and rest your feet while you snack on something that is "OK' food. Remember this is not a fine dining restaurant.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 7:34 pm

yes. i have. but normally i just get like a cone or a cinamon roll or something. i don't have the time to sit and eat. but i would like to...
Old Aug 13, 2008, 8:26 am

the meatballs are quite tasty, as is the ligonberry drink. It is so sweet that sometimes I mix it 50/50 with h20 to moderate the taste.

I agree with the above posters that its a good place to eat if already shopping at Ikea, but not necessarily a place to drive more than a couple miles to eat at.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 8:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Lufthansa Miles & More, Flying Blue, Hyatt Gold Passport
I never eat at Ikea at home in Sweden, but when I am abroad and I am missing Swedish food it's nice to sometimes go there, have a meal and stock up on marabou.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 9:09 am

mm mm good food.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Some friends lived near an Ikea in Northern Virginia and said the food was great and they needed to go anyway. I really didn't see the attraction, it was just like a cafeteria!
Old Aug 16, 2008, 3:13 pm

I'm not ashamed to admit eating at Ikea every chance I get, which is not very often as the closest one is a 4 hour flight away!

I love their Swedish platter with salmon and herring and the shrimp sandwich is great too!

The meatballs are really bad though.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
The local IKEA is actually not a bad place to sit for a couple of hours and get some work done if, like me, you work better with consumer 'white noise.' I don't do it often, but 2-3 times/year I'll stop in if I need to do some shopping, and then buy a soft drink and a dessert or some meatballs and sit with my notebook and work.

The only thing I hate are the little drink glasses. I lose momentum if I have to keep on getting up for a refill. I wish they were at least 16 oz.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 10:25 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, HHonors Diamond
Just went to the brand new Ikea in Red Hook, Brooklyn yesterday. Took the free water taxi there and then completely pigged out! Meatballs with mashed potatoes, chicken wrap, some Swedish almond cake, lingenberry juice..and then post-shopping, a diet pepsi. In my defense, I was starved and hung over from the night before, so I needed to pad the stomach.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Of course I had the "mellan köttbullar" plate at IKEA when I was vacationing in Sweden. Lots of meatballs, boiled potatoes, cream sauce, ligon jam, bread, salad, soft drink AND coffee for about $9. Not bad for Swedish standards. Soft-serve ice cream (dispensed by a very cool machine) for about $1.50 is great, too. However, the pizza they were serving looks absolutely hideous.

Very sad that there isn't one in Denver. We wouldn't have to lug back 10 pounds of Löfbergs Lilla kaffe everytime we visit.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA Nothing, SPG Gold
I have to say, the food is almost better than the furniture...
Old Aug 21, 2008, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by gemster
I have to say, the food is almost better than the furniture...
That's not hard.

That said, the cinnamon rolls are pretty good, and at $1 or so are a much better deal than the not-significantly-better-but-much-pricier ones at Cinnabon.

But you can't buy the Ikea ones at the airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.