Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Bacon [merged threads]

Bacon [merged threads]

Old Dec 30, 10, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Million Mile Flyer
So far, Hormel Black Label is the winner though I wish it was just a bit thicker sliced. I still have 2 brands yet to try out of the 8.
Old Dec 30, 10, 2:19 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by braslvr View Post
So far, Hormel Black Label is the winner though I wish it was just a bit thicker sliced. I still have 2 brands yet to try out of the 8.
I'm usually a thin-sliced bacon fan, but we tried some thick-sliced Wright Brand Maple-flavored Bacon last week and it was the best thick-sliced bacon I've ever eaten. We cooked it in the oven on a baking pan with a drip rack at 350F for 45 minutes. Turned out great for us.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 30, 10, 2:30 pm

You all are making me hungry! In the current issue of "Men's Health" (I think that was the name) magazine, thye rate the best bacon - all of which you must get by mail order. ON a trip to Philadelphia, we went to dinner at Barclay Prime - in Rittenhouse Square - and they actually had bacon as an appetizer...6 nice thick slices served on a small white plate. Yum!
Old Dec 30, 10, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker View Post
I'm usually a thin-sliced bacon fan, but we tried some thick-sliced Wright Brand Maple-flavored Bacon last week and it was the best thick-sliced bacon I've ever eaten. We cooked it in the oven on a baking pan with a drip rack at 350F for 45 minutes. Turned out great for us.
My wife often cooks bacon that way too, except at 425F for 25-30 min. I can't handle maple or other flavors in my bacon though. Just hickory smoke and salt please. Many of the higher priced dry cured brands like Fletcher's would be excellent, but they often add different seasonings or spices to their cure which IMO don't belong there.
Old Dec 31, 10, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PRO/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Amtrak Select
One of my favorite breakfasts used to be a plain bagel sliced in half, then fried in skillet with butter until it was slightly blackened, then topped with about six strips of bacon. Horrible for you, but absolutely delicious.
Old Dec 31, 10, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

im more of a melt-in-your-mouth pork belly person. too good.

of course another to bacon wrapped scallops though.
Old Dec 31, 10, 10:11 pm

Programs: Expedia All Your Booking Channels Are Belong To Us Club
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
One of my favorite breakfasts used to be a plain bagel sliced in half, then fried in skillet with butter until it was slightly blackened, then topped with about six strips of bacon. Horrible for you, but absolutely delicious.
Substitute a sesame seed bun for the bagel, add 2 fried eggs and 2 slices of American cheese, and you have the $2.99 Jack-In-The-Box Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich.
Old Jan 1, 11, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Starriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
Reminds me of what I ate at the Sheraton Laguna Resort in Phuket for brunch everyday. Instead it was toasted white bread loaded with around 10 pieces of bacon and I would have more bacon on the side... I agree that it's delicious but really bad for you...

Do what I do and eat plenty of fruits afterwards while drinking a cup of warm green tea. It will make you feel somewhat more healthier
Old Jan 1, 11, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp View Post
Reminds me of what I ate at the Sheraton Laguna Resort in Phuket for brunch everyday. Instead it was toasted white bread loaded with around 10 pieces of bacon and I would have more bacon on the side.
As much as I love bacon, I would never touch it (or toast) if there was Thai food available instead.
Old Jan 2, 11, 12:03 pm

Programs: CO-Gold
To liven up your breakfast:

Colored Bacon
Old Jan 2, 11, 12:26 pm
Used to be planetrain

Programs: United, Marriott
If you're a fan of bacon, check out this YouTube channel called EpicMealTime:

http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicMealTime
Old Jan 2, 11, 11:05 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Starriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond
As much as I love bacon, I would never touch it (or toast) if there was Thai food available instead.
I agree. However, I was young back then Wasn't really into tasting different types of food.
Old Jan 3, 11, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally, I prefer most Thai dishes over bacon.
Old Jan 3, 11, 12:56 am

There is a bacon pub in Chicago called Paddy Long's. I just went to a beer and bacon tasting/pairing last week. Amazing. What an age we live in.
Old Jan 3, 11, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
bacon explosion

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: