Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA PPro/ 1MM+, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Love it. Bacon rocks
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:50 pm

Programs: US Airways Silver Preferred
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
CRUNCHY!

Nueske's out of Wittenberg, WI makes a GREAT very smokey bacon. http://www.nueske.com/
+1. Whenever I go back to WI, I always get Nueske's applewood bacon!!
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:58 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I love bacon but I don't like tomatoes. I find this unfortunate because the BLT seems like such a good comfort food sandwich and I can only eat it as a BL (with mayonnaise). It feels really weird to order a BLT at a restaurant then pile all the tomatoes next to it or say "I want a BLT, hold the T". I'm probably being overly self conscious but there it is.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by CMK10
I love bacon but I don't like tomatoes. I find this unfortunate because the BLT seems like such a good comfort food sandwich and I can only eat it as a BL (with mayonnaise). It feels really weird to order a BLT at a restaurant then pile all the tomatoes next to it or say "I want a BLT, hold the T". I'm probably being overly self conscious but there it is.
Have you tried cucumbers instead of tomatoes? It's a different flavor, for sure, but you're getting that crispy slightly crunchy veggie in there, with a little body to add to the sandwich...

Just a thought...
Old Jul 27, 2011, 2:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by notsosmart
Have you tried cucumbers instead of tomatoes? It's a different flavor, for sure, but you're getting that crispy slightly crunchy veggie in there, with a little body to add to the sandwich...

Just a thought...
That actually sounds amazing, especially as I love cucumbers. I think I will have one tomorrow for dinner!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.