Search

Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:43 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by DetailsIM
Wife and I will be dining at Alinea tomorrow night.

Wine pairing? If so, regular or reserve? Or just do our own thing with by the glass and half bottle selections?

Would love to hear reviews of what FT'ers thought about their pairings.
It’s one of the all time greats. With one of the amazing sommeliers. Get the pairing. Always.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin

It’s one of the all time greats. With one of the amazing sommeliers. Get the pairing. Always.
Will do! We also have reservations for Oriole 2 days later with girl and the goat in between.

We are channeling our inner BHRUBIN.
bhrubin and Hilde like this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:33 pm

Will do! We also have reservations for Oriole 2 days later with girl and the goat in between.

Did you get the Gallery or the Salon?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:37 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jbeans
Ah darn. Yeah I wouldn't pay that much just for a res either, that's just wrong! Especially when the meal itself is only 15000Y I think. For a less trying option: Unatoto Honmachi -- if you like unagi, this is a solid cheap and cheerful spot. Grilled eel is pretty much the only thing on the menu. We walked in without a res and sat at the grill.
Not starred but may as well have been. うなぎと和食 和心料理いとう near Shin-Osaka. Good unagi (yum). I think this Osaka trip will be M less but there are worse places for that to happen.
jbeans likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Did you get the Gallery or the Salon?
Salon. On waiting list for Gallery. Gallery literally sold out in 2 minutes. We had a few days we could do it. I quickly checked times on those days. Went back to book and everything was gone. Amazing.

Still VERY excited tho.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:41 pm

Salon. On waiting list for Gallery. Gallery literally sold out in 2 minutes. We had a few days we could do it. I quickly checked times on those days. Went back to book and everything was gone. Amazing.

Still VERY excited tho.
Same thing happened to me. I have a Salon booking this Saturday. Tried to get Gallery but right on the dot when it was released it was sold out.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:11 pm

Same thing happened to me. I have a Salon booking this Saturday. Tried to get Gallery but right on the dot when it was released it was sold out.
It's still going to be epic. My best friend wants to do his 40th at the Gallery later this year. Hopefully we can get in.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:31 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

You’ll need lots of air con, no jacket, and a true sense of charm and flirtation with the restaurant staff to properly channel me.

We had such an amazing time with the team there...and they totally encouraged me to flirt and mess with Chef Achatz. I made him totally blush when I asked if the glitter for his final dessert was because we were gay.
Bohemian1 and Hilde like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Had a fabulous dinner tonight at Da Vittorio near Bergamo.
CappuccinoAddict likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: BAEC

Wine pairing? If so, regular or reserve? Or just do our own thing with by the glass and half bottle selections?

Would love to hear reviews of what FT'ers thought about their pairings.
My sister and brother-in-law have had the regular wine pairing at Alinea, and both thought the servings of wine were a little on the small side (while still very good, of course)

Please report back how your experience at Alinea turned out
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:18 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I had lunch at Jean-Georges a few weeks ago. I thought the service improved quite a bit since my last visit (summer 2018), but I was not nearly as impressed with the food.

I started with the pea soup which didn’t seem to have as much of a pop of flavor that it previously did. My second course was white asparagus with a lemon champagne sauce. The sauce was super sour and completely overwhelmed the dish. Lastly, I had the sweet and sour sweetbreads. This was by far the standout dish, very well executed.

Overall pretty disappointed with the food. Will probably look for another go-to weekend lunch spot for my NYC trips.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Hilde
I've had excellent meals at Acadia (2*) twice, they als have a bar area with a nice bar meny.
If you are in the mood for an excellent steak, Bavette's Bar & Boeuf always delivers.
Girl & the goat is a fun place too, if you can get a reservation.
I hear Boka is great too. Good luck!
Got a table at Boka tomorrow night after they had a cancellation. Excited for that whole duck!
Hilde likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:34 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

So how was it? Dying to hear what you thought!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:11 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Got a table at Boka tomorrow night after they had a cancellation. Excited for that whole duck!
I dined there last summer. Good meal.
Attached Images           

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 19, 2019 at 1:58 pm
Old Apr 18, 2019, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
So how was it? Dying to hear what you thought!
epic. We did the reserve wine pairing. Will post review when back home. But wow.

The staff makes it. Super down to earth. Great personalities. Not stuffy at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.