Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's for dinner?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2021, 6:58 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by phillygold
Your tuna tonight sounds delicious. What type of tuna? Bluefin? Yellowfin? Big eye? I just finished my yellowfin caught last summer. Can’t wait to catch some more!
It was! I don't know what type as my wife bought it and prepared it. I was in charge of the spaghetti squash "noodle" dish, which was also a hit. Next time I'd probably do that tuna on the grill I think, but it was cold and cloudy last night so didn't even consider it.

I'd say the Sitka cost is a little high when compared to our Fresh Farms, which has a nice selection. But it's not significantly higher and I expect it's very high quality. I'm not concerned with a few extra dollars for quality when it's still far less than we'd pay in a restaurant.

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
I have a $25 off coupon -- PM me if you decide to subscribe.
Thanks, I will! Just need to get her to focus on it some time this week hopefully.
Old May 5, 2021, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What should I make tonight?

I’ve got some asparagus, avocado, and cherry tomatoes I need to use. I was thinking maybe something involving roasting the asparagus and tomatoes, maybe with some lemon juice, adding avocado. Then I am out of ideas. Anyone got some suggestions?
Old May 5, 2021, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I’ve got some asparagus, avocado, and cherry tomatoes I need to use. I was thinking maybe something involving roasting the asparagus and tomatoes, maybe with some lemon juice, adding avocado. Then I am out of ideas. Anyone got some suggestions?
grilled or raw avocado slices
pasta with garlic, asparagus, and tomato

if pasta-free, then I would roast the 2 vegetables with chicken.

I still prefer the fruit to be grilled or raw.

final idea: avocado / tomato salad with lemon. Got that idea at Rose Kitchen, 9th Arron.
Old May 5, 2021, 12:16 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
You can make a Greek-style Grilled Asparagus Salad with Tomatoes and Feta and add avocado or use avocado instead of the feta cheese.
Old May 5, 2021, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest
final idea: avocado / tomato salad with lemon. Got that idea at Rose Kitchen, 9th Arron.
Originally Posted by TWA884
You can make a Greek-style Grilled Asparagus Salad with Tomatoes and Feta and add avocado or use avocado instead of the feta cheese.
These. Definitely roast the asparagus, add the tomatoes (halved) and avocado raw, and use a vinaigrette. Feta would be good. And add something crunchy...preferably bacon . But something to combat the soft texture of everything else, even croutons.
Old May 5, 2021, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
tonight will be sous vide salmon
corky likes this.
Old May 5, 2021, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gaobest
grilled or raw avocado slices
pasta with garlic, asparagus, and tomato

if pasta-free, then I would roast the 2 vegetables with chicken.

I still prefer the fruit to be grilled or raw.

Originally Posted by TWA884
Originally Posted by JBord
These. Definitely roast the asparagus, add the tomatoes (halved) and avocado raw, and use a vinaigrette. Feta would be good. And add something crunchy...preferably bacon . But something to combat the soft texture of everything else, even croutons.
These are all good ideas. I think the Greek-style salad is pretty much what I'd been thinking. Alas, I have no feta or bacon but I do have other cheeses. And I might add some chickpeas.

Perhaps some grilled bread too.
TWA884 likes this.
Old May 5, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
Tofu Shirataki Spaghetti Noodles
Lean Ground Turkey
Kraft Parmesan Cheese
Lucini Sugar Free Tomato Sauce
Old May 5, 2021, 3:59 pm

Mexican Meatball Salad. We were going to do an Italian meatball salad, but of course its Cinco de Mayo so...
Las abondigas will have onion, serrano, a little cheese, and some kind of spice mix in them, probably chili powder, cumin, and garlic. Chili lime ranch dressing. The rest of the salad will depend on what I find in the fridge besides the lettuce.
corky likes this.
Old May 5, 2021, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JBord
Mexican Meatball Salad. We were going to do an Italian meatball salad, but of course its Cinco de Mayo so...
Las abondigas will have onion, serrano, a little cheese, and some kind of spice mix in them, probably chili powder, cumin, and garlic. Chili lime ranch dressing. The rest of the salad will depend on what I find in the fridge besides the lettuce.
Sounds great.
I will be getting takeout for my Cinco de Mayo meal. I can't decide between enchiladas, carnitas or a burrito.
JBord likes this.
Old May 5, 2021, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

These are all good ideas. I think the Greek-style salad is pretty much what I'd been thinking. Alas, I have no feta or bacon but I do have other cheeses. And I might add some chickpeas.

Perhaps some grilled bread too.
So here’s what I did. I broiled some asparagus with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, a pepper, and herbes de Provence. Sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, sliced the asparagus. Added some chunks of fresh mozzarella. Then I made croutons by toasting some sourdough bread, adding some garlic butter I happened to have, and chopping into crouton-size pieces. Tossed it all together with a little olive oil and lemon juice. It was great! Mr. Gfunk called it a triumph.
BamaVol and JBord like this.
Old May 5, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Sky Dreamer
Tofu Shirataki Spaghetti Noodles
Lean Ground Turkey
Kraft Parmesan Cheese
Lucini Sugar Free Tomato Sauce
Keto / low carb?
Old May 5, 2021, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by work2fly
Keto / low carb?
Day before payday?
corky and JBord like this.
Old May 5, 2021, 8:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I mentioned this in the Costco thread as someone else posted about it, but I made some meatballs today and used Rao's marinara for a spaghetti and meatball dinner. It was my first time, and I have to admit, the Rao's was just delicious!
Old May 5, 2021, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
post-baseball practice semi-casual supper:
quesadilla
pumpernickel bagel with chive cream cheese & Trader Joe’s ahi tuna
soup of Bibigo chicken / cilantro dumplings, tofu, frozen broccoli, Hakka noodles and seasonings

Costco lactase
birite ricanelas ice cream
Biscoff ice cream
Haagen Dasz mango ice cream

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I mentioned this in the Costco thread as someone else posted about it, but I made some meatballs today and used Rao's marinara for a spaghetti and meatball dinner. It was my first time, and I have to admit, the Rao's was just delicious!
omg omg im so happy for you. Will you eat Rao’s again???? Which spaghetti brand did you cook? Fresh dried GF? Just curious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.