Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your favorite Goldbelly finds

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2021, 5:58 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I am obsessed with this Mortgage Apple Cake. It tastes like a heavy, moist spice cake and you can actually taste a little sourness in the frosting. Freezes decently well, too.

It's the only thing I've ordered from Goldbelly that I've craved enough to order again. (Aside from Lou Malnati's)
Old Feb 2, 2021, 3:20 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Maybe it's because I live in a city that has great food, but I really don't understand the allure of Goldbelly. I look through the Chicago restaurants and there is nothing I would order if I didn't live in Chicago, mainly because the things they are selling are not things I go out of my way to buy while living here. A friend who lives in another great food City told me last week that he bought two birthday cakes on Goldbelly, and I was puzzled because his city has fantastic bakeries. And he wasn't ordering from milk bar or famous bakery in a city that he had previously lived in. I just don't get it.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
Maybe it's because I live in a city that has great food, but I really don't understand the allure of Goldbelly. I look through the Chicago restaurants and there is nothing I would order if I didn't live in Chicago, mainly because the things they are selling are not things I go out of my way to buy while living here. A friend who lives in another great food City told me last week that he bought two birthday cakes on Goldbelly, and I was puzzled because his city has fantastic bakeries. And he wasn't ordering from milk bar or famous bakery in a city that he had previously lived in. I just don't get it.
essa bagels. I can’t get the equivalent. Ditto for Montreal bagels :-)
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest
essa bagels. I can’t get the equivalent. Ditto for Montreal bagels :-)
You've already heard my thoughts on bagels that are more than a couple hours old, so you know I would not order bagels from Montreal or anywhere else that requires shipping.
corky and Jaimito Cartero like this.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You've already heard my thoughts on bagels that are more than a couple hours old, so you know I would not order bagels from Montreal or anywhere else that requires shipping.
essa bagels are the only thing I’ll get on goldbelly. Sadly I still lack freezer space.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gaobest
essa bagels are the only thing I’ll get on goldbelly. Sadly I still lack freezer space.
I am surprised that in a city the size.of SF you can't get good bagels. I would think when you put cream cheese on them, the difference would be less noticeable .
Old Feb 2, 2021, 6:27 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by corky
I am surprised that in a city the size.of SF you can't get good bagels. I would think when you put cream cheese on them, the difference would be less noticeable .
We have good local shops (Izzy's in Palo Alto being my favorite), and you can always find Western Bagels at Whole Foods, which are pretty good for supermarket bagels.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by work2fly
We have good local shops (Izzy's in Palo Alto being my favorite), and you can always find Western Bagels at Whole Foods, which are pretty good for supermarket bagels.
We have Western Bagel stores and they are freshly made.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corky
we have great bagels from Wise Sons and we get them weekly - we still love essa because it’s very hard or impossible to get their dark pumpernickel and honey oat bagels in the chewy non-dense format.
corky and FlyerEC like this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Didn't see this mentioned but if you have a chase sapphire reserve card with chase with a bunch of pionts to burn, GoldBelly works with the 50% bonus on points, so been doing that and bought 3-$100 gift cards with the Am Ex offer and will use that after payyourself ends on 4/30.

My favorite is the double chocolate babka from Onek bakery
https://www.goldbelly.com/oneg-baker...?ref=merchanta

This stuff is amazing if put it in the oven (I just use my toaster oven) for a few minutes at 300 degrees.

Alo love the cookie monster ice cream sandwiches

https://www.goldbelly.com/nightingal...k?ref=merchant
Old Feb 14, 2021, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
My wife is a big chocolate fan so our first Goldbelly AMEX offer was used picking up some of her Vosges chocolate favorites. Just enjoyed part of it as our Valentine's Day dessert -- very good and more importantly happy wife, happy life
corky and krazykanuck like this.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
My wife is a big chocolate fan so our first Goldbelly AMEX offer was used picking up some of her Vosges chocolate favorites. Just enjoyed part of it as our Valentine's Day dessert -- very good and more importantly happy wife, happy life
I'm almost certain that some of the Trader Joe's candy bars in the cardboard boxes are manufactured by Vosges. I've done a side by side ingredient and taste comparison of the salted caramel, I think, and it's a pretty good dupe if it's not made by Vosges. That said you can't get some of the funkier flavors at TJs. Does your Whole Foods not sell them? Since they're local to Chicago I'm not sure if they do nationwide distribution through WF or just local here.
corky likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm almost certain that some of the Trader Joe's candy bars in the cardboard boxes are manufactured by Vosges. I've done a side by side ingredient and taste comparison of the salted caramel, I think, and it's a pretty good dupe if it's not made by Vosges. That said you can't get some of the funkier flavors at TJs. Does your Whole Foods not sell them? Since they're local to Chicago I'm not sure if they do nationwide distribution through WF or just local here.
I find Vosges in premium supermarkets & grocers, but only sometimes. It was funny to see them at F&M in London in 2010 for a tenner ($16 at the time - now $13.50). I think that there are more premium chocolate bars more than ever so it’s harder to get anything specifically desired on a consistent basis in person whereas they’ll be easier to find online.
Old Feb 15, 2021, 1:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Since they're local to Chicago I'm not sure if they do nationwide distribution through WF or just local here.
I have bought Vosges chocolate bars at our local Whole Foods, however, they do not carry the truffles; I suspect that's because the truffles are supposed to be consumed within 14 days of shipping (they ship nationwide).
Old Feb 15, 2021, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
All of the WF near me only carry the bars and the marshmallows but none of the funkier flavors or the truffles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.