Reload this Page >

Your favorite Goldbelly finds

Old Jan 6, 2021, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion

The new Amex promo on Goldbelly has me thinking about what to order next. We did Pat's cheesesteaks as a Christmas gift to ourselves back in early December and they were awesome...will probably order those again. Maybe some Maine lobster rolls. Stone crab from Florida might be the next order.

What are some of OMNI's favorite Goldbelly finds?
Old Jan 6, 2021, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I've been really tempted to buy the Franklin BBQ beef brisket, but I can't imagine it being anywhere close to as good as having it served to you in the restaurant. The only thing I've seen that might be worth buying is the Piecaken.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 9:14 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
https://www.goldbelly.com/pipeline-b...p-and-creamery

Anyone who has ever had a malasada in Hawaii would appreciate this. Anyone who hasn't had a malasada is missing out!

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32899894-post505.html for pictures

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 6, 2021 at 10:57 am
Old Jan 6, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
https://www.goldbelly.com/foods/old-forge

People from Scranton PA area either LOVE or hate Old Forge pizza. Goldbelly sells Arcaro & Genell... I have not ordered online but have eaten there.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 10:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I've been really tempted to buy the Franklin BBQ beef brisket, but I can't imagine it being anywhere close to as good as having it served to you in the restaurant. The only thing I've seen that might be worth buying is the Piecaken.
Having been to Franklin, I thought it was kinda meh. But I don't eat red meat; their chicken and turkey options were fine, but not as good as what I've had in KC.

One thing about special food places is that I look forward to visiting those places when I travel. Old Forge pizza is good in Old Forge; if I'm here, there's decent local pizza that work. Round Rock Donuts are good, but I certainly wouldn't order them from afar.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
https://www.goldbelly.com/pipeline-b...p-and-creamery

Anyone who has ever had a malasada in Hawaii would appreciate this. Anyone who hasn't had a malasada is missing out!
I love malasadas. I miss those from my years living on Oahu.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by aztimm
Old Forge pizza is good in Old Forge
Exactly. Goldbelly is basically selling nostalgia and also feeding off social media influencers. I love Lou Malnati's, but I'm not going to pay twice the price to have some frozen pizzas shipped to me. I lucked out and found a small pizza chain here that serves very good Chicago-style deep dish pizza*. Same with Franklin's BBQ; I can find decent beef brisket around here for 1/2 the price.

* - upon further review, I can get a six-pack of Lou's for about $19 each. The local chain is $22. Tempting.
TravelerMSY likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
The six pack of Lou’s is worth it.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:28 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
We haven't received them yet, but if you are a fan of Montreal bagels you can buy from either St Viator or Fairmont (I can't remember which). Montreal natives will tell you that there are no other bagel bakeries worth considering.

ETA: I still have no idea what two people are going to do with four dozen bagels. Or where will you find room in either of our freezers.
JBord likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
We haven't received them yet, but if you are a fan of Montreal bagels you can buy from either St Viator or Fairmont (I can't remember which). Montreal natives will tell you that there are no other bagel bakeries worth considering.

ETA: I still have no idea what two people are going to do with four dozen bagels. Or where will you find room in either of our freezers.
You ordered 48 bagels?
I ordered lobster tails for my sister for New Year and she received them today. From Fulton fish market...she said they look good but will cook them this weekend and let me know how they are.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Essa bagels, Manhattan. I just get bagels and no toppings. I havent checked the promo so Ill investigate. I buy and freeze, keeping only 3-6 bagels max ready to eat. So now I need freezer space in order to buy my next order - Im getting close and... so far away!

freezer! Slice and freeze! :-)
Old Jan 6, 2021, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by corky
You ordered 48 bagels?
I ordered lobster tails for my sister for New Year and she received them today. From Fulton fish market...she said they look good but will cook them this weekend and let me know how they are.
To be clear, I didn't order them but you know who did. (Hint: It wasn't Daisy or the Monsters.)
Old Jan 6, 2021, 7:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
You know you don't know the find when you don't even know what Goldbelly is
Old Jan 6, 2021, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
To be clear, I didn't order them but you know who did. (Hint: It wasn't Daisy or the Monsters.)
Blammmmmmme Canada!
Old Jan 6, 2021, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
theyre thin bagels, yes? They dont look huge. Essa bagels are huge!
im still tempted about the Montreal bagels. I once asked you (and received!) for guidance because goodbelly sells 2 or even 3 different Montreal brands. I have had to hold back simply due to the freezer issue!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.